Fig season is about to begin! And I have to make a confession… Fresh figs are definitely my guilty pleasure! Intensely sweet, pear-shaped fruit source of calcium with its incredible texture is just perfect for tarts, cakes, and cookies! This is one of my favorite recipes for fresh fig cake that I’ve been perfecting for years!! Let’s begin!!
- 180 gram of Almond Flour
- 120 gram of Coconut Flour
- 4 medium Eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened Almond or Coconut milk
- 3 – 4 Tablespoon of Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Baking powder
- 7 ripped Figs sliced in half with stems trimmed
- Wash and cut the figs in half and keep them aside.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line a 9-inch springform pan with baking paper.
- In the large bowl combine almond and coconut flour. Add eggs and coconut/almond milk and blend all the ingredients until well combined.
- Add honey/maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, Himalayan salt, and baking powder and again blend until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Add figs on top, face up, and push them into the batter.
- Place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
- Take out of the oven and allow the cake to cool about 20 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve!
2 thoughts on “Healthy, Gluten-Free Fresh Fig Cake Recipe.”
Lovely cake ! Nice to use figs in here.
Thank you so much! I used figs because they are great source of fiber, vitamins and minerals and of course they are delicious! When it comes to desserts my motto is: Nourish & Treat yourself 🙂 have a nice day!