Simple, healthy and insanely delicious pavlova cake that you need to try!!
- 8 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar ( maple sugar or raw honey)
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons white wine/ apple vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
- 8 ounces (1 cup) mascarpone cheese, cold
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh fruits
- Preheat your oven to 150C/300F degrees
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Using a pencil draw an 8-inch (20cm) diameter circle on the parchment paper by tracing around an 8-inch (20cm) cake bowl or plate. Beat egg whites at low speed in a mixer with the whisk.
- Add the salt and continue beating eggs until silky peaks form. Slowly, start beating in the coconut sugar (maple sugar or honey), about a third at a time, whisking very well in between, it will take about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cornflour on top of the egg whites. Add the vinegar. Continue beating for another minute.
- Divide the mixture and mound it onto the prepared baking trays.
- Place the baking trays in the oven.
- Bake the meringues for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool down on a wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and vanilla until combined. Gradually add coconut sugar (honey or maple sugar) and continue beating on high speed until a thick whipped cream like consistency.
- Place one meringue onto a serving cake platter. Mound the mascarpone cream onto the meringue and gently spread it out. Place the second meringue on top and gently spread the cream all well.
- Top with fresh fruits or berries of your choice and bon appetit!
Products that you may need to prepare your Pavlova Cake:
and Prepare Your Best Pavlova Cake Ever!!