Simple, healthy and insanely delicious pavlova cake that you need to try!!
- 8 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar ( maple sugar or raw honey)
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons white wine/ apple vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of Himalayan or sea salt
- 8 ounces (1 cup) mascarpone cheese, cold
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh fruits
- Preheat your oven to 150C/300F degrees
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Using a pencil draw an 8-inch (20cm) diameter circle on the parchment paper by tracing around an 8-inch (20cm) cake bowl or plate. Beat egg whites at low speed in a mixer with the whisk.
- Add the salt and continue beating eggs until silky peaks form. Slowly, start beating in the coconut sugar (maple sugar or honey), about a third at a time, whisking very well in between, it will take about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cornflour on top of the egg whites. Add the vinegar. Continue beating for another minute.
- Divide the mixture and mound it onto the prepared baking trays.
- Place the baking trays in the oven.
- Bake the meringues for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool down on a wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, and vanilla until combined. Gradually add coconut sugar (honey or maple sugar) and continue beating on high speed until a thick whipped cream like consistency.
- Place one meringue onto a serving cake platter. Mound the mascarpone cream onto the meringue and gently spread it out. Place the second meringue on top and gently spread the cream all well.
- Top with fresh fruits or berries of your choice and bon appetit!
Products that you may need to prepare your Pavlova Cake:
and Prepare Your Best Pavlova Cake Ever!!
11 thoughts on “Healthy Pavlova with Mascarpone Cream & Fresh Fruits Recipe”
This looks pretty good! 😛
Hi Simon!! Thank you so much! P.S. I supplement my carnivore diet with fresh fruits and veggies😁 Take care! HAve a wonderful evening!!
You want to be careful you don’t become too vegan 😀
That’s so true! It’s a real struggle tough… 😂
I know… all this vegetation 😉
This looks really good!
Hi Laci!! Thank you so much! Take care and have a wonderful day!!😀
Oooo this looks good. My mum loves pavlova. For the meringue base, can any other type of sugar be used other than coconut/maple, like regular white, or would that make it taste odd? Printing this one out for my mum as she’s always saying ‘I should try to make something’ but never does. Now she’ll have a good incentive to when she sees those photos 😉
Hi Caz!! For making meringue base you can definitely use white or brown sugar and it still will be delicious! I prefer sweetening desserts with raw honey because I love the taste and I believe it’s healthier but you can definitely use regular white sugar! So instead of adding 1/2 cup coconut sugar add 1/2 white or brown sugar!! Take care and make your pavlova cake!! Have a great day Caz!!
Thank you lovely! 😀