Healthy Raw Cacao Energy Bites
Make your delicious grab and go snack! Ok, let me give you a clue… raw, vegan, gluten-free, nutritious superfood packed dessert you can indulge in guilt-free… Hmm, what could that be if not healthy raw cacao energy bites!? Doesn't it sound perfect for an evening snack? Or maybe you’re going to the gym and you need a healthy pre- or post-workout snack? Because whatever you do and whoever you are you may get sugar cravings and we all know that sweet cravings cannot be ignored, or at least they shouldn’t be. Better safe than sorry, right? So, I have a confession to make, actually. I’ve honestly had an obsession with raw energy bites for a really long time now. It’s definitely one of my favorite guilty pleasures. And what I love the most in this particular dessert is that it’s healthy, nutritious, insanely delicious and extremely easy to make… So if you are like me and you live for dessert try these easy-to-make healthy, raw, cacao energy bites that you can make in 15 minutes!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 12 dates (soaked in a hot water)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1tsp organic maca powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened Cacao powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Mesquite powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded Coconut, unsweetened, for rolling
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until fully combined.
- Blend until completely combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture out into a large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into small to medium sized balls (you can use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to form a ball)
- Once you made your raw cocoa balls cover them in shredded coconut.
- Place into an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator for at least 25 minutes to firm up.
Products that you may need to prepare your Healthy Raw Cacao Energy Bites:
And Eat Your Healthy Raw Cacao Energy Bites!