Table of Contents
Every Ending Is A New Beginning
The end of the year is a perfect time to think about what you experienced, analyze what happened, meditate on the most important moments, evaluate your feelings and motives of your actions that will help you to understand yourself better, use your past (2021) to your advantage and set yourself up for a successful 2022.
That’s why in today’s post we’re focusing on reflecting on 2021 and planning a successful 2022. Enjoy reading and grab free worksheets!
Step I: Review Your 2021
1. Reflect On A Previous Year
The first step in the process of reviewing your 2021 is to undergo self-reflection to analyze your life from both a macro and micro level.
At a micro level, you can assess your well-being, get in touch with your emotions and identify your limiting beliefs (in order to overcome them).
At a macro level, you can track your work accomplishments throughout the year, recognize the value you bring to the world, and understand how others influence your life.
Self-reflection is therefore the real key to personal growth. Because taking the time to think about what you experienced, analyze what happened, meditate on the most important moments (global and personal), evaluate your feelings and motives of your actions will help you to understand yourself better and identify what changes you need (or want) to put in place to achieve your most important goals and live a more fulfilling life.
Describe Your 2021 In 3 (or more) Words
Moments That Mattered For You In 2021
Moments That Mattered For You In 2021
What Had The Biggest Impact On My Life And Why
Questions To Reflect On 2021
- What went well?
- What didn’t go well?
- What goals did I achieve?
- What goals did I miss?
- What was my greatest achievement in 2021?
- What was the most beautiful experience I had?
- What is one thing I wish I did this year but didn’t because I was afraid?
- What were the most important life lessons I’ve learned during the last 12 months?
- What I am the most grateful for?
- Did I reach the career milestones or goals I wanted to this year? If no, why not?
- Did I make an effort to maintain a work-life balance consistently this year?
- How have I changed in the past 12 months?
Analyze The 8 Dimensions Of Wellness
- Occupational Wellness
- Spiritual Wellness (connection with your higher self, understanding that you are part of something bigger)
- Social Wellness
- Intellectual Wellness (internal “wealth”)
- Financial Wellness (external wealth)
- Physical Wellness (health)
- Emotional Wellness
- Environmental Wellness
and ask yourself:
- How each of these areas of your life has changed over the last year?
- Was it a positive or negative change?
- What did you do to improve a certain area of your life?
- What is the thing or activity you should continue doing to feel more in control in a particular area(s) of your life that was out of control?
- What you should start or stop doing to improve within a particular area of your life?
- What are the areas of life you want to upgrade and why? (my sense of dissatisfaction)
- What is the reason why you want to improve yourself? (your motive for action)
- What do you want to achieve within certain areas of your life? (specific outcomes)
- How do you want to feel within cerian areas of your life? (feelings you want to experience)
- What kind of people, things, and experiences do you want to attract? (be the energy you want to attract)
This simple exercise will help you to deepen the analysis of your life, identify the areas you want to improve, determine the level of dissatisfaction and satisfaction and understand what needs to be done, improved, or changes in order to create your desired life.
Step II: Plan For A Successful 2022
2. Plan Different Areas Of Your Life
When planning your new year do not focus only on one area of your life, instead, think holistically. Look at the big picture, and ask yourself what do you want and need to accomplish in every sphere of your life in the upcoming year. Do not focus only on planning, scheduling and organizing your career in 2021. Because it will cause unbalance, stress and overwork. Besides, you don’t live to work, you work to live.
So don’t plan a workaholic year. Instead, focus on planning every area of your life. This way you will create a balance between professional and personal life, so much needed for your wellbeing.
- Health (physical and mental)
- Career (or School)
- Personal Finance
- Personal Growth
1. Use The Magic 4 To Gain Crystal Clear Clarity
WHAT – crystal clear OBJECTIVE
WHY – crystal clear MOTIVE FOR ACTION
WHEN – precise deadline
HOW – specific strategy (can be improved, adjust or even completely change during the process of achieving your goal)
1. create a crystal clear VISION
To establish a clear vision that will inspire you to take massive action on your goals you need to become 100% honest with yourself about where you are and get crystal clear on where you want to be. Because only by defining precisely your transformation starting point along with the specific result you want to achieve you will be able to find the pathway to success.
2. set crystal clear OUTCOME(s)
Once you get remarkably clear on your vision, it’s time to set the right goals that will help you to close the GAP between your current state (your STATUS QUO) and the desired state (your future self) so that you can turn your crystal clear vision into your new reality.
- Think about what do you want to achieve and how do you want to feel in the next 12 months within every area of your life
- Set SMART ( specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, time-bound) goals
- Break down each of your goals into small manageable steps (tasks)
- Get highly specific about what your outcome(s) looks like.
For example, if you want to read more, don’t just write a goal: READ MORE
Be incredibly, insanely, extremely highly SPECIFIC and set a goal: READ ONE non-fiction book a week. And then create your booklist.
If you want to improve your physical performance, don’t limit yourself to set a goal: MORE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
Instead, choose the type of physical activity that you want to start or continue to practice, define a crystal clear and measurable outcome and create a time slot for practicing it in your calendar.
3. set powerful INTENTIONS (behind your goals)
An intention is your conscious “WHY”, the meaning behind your goal, your motive for taking direct action to attain the desired result. You need this “WHY” to be able to push through different challenges when they arise. Because the truth is, and we all know it, that sooner or later you will have to face some challenges in order to achieve your goal. And when it happens you will be prepared and well-equipped with INTENTION – your MOTIVE for action, your reason “WHY” not to give up.
4. develop a bulletproof STRATEGY
When creating a strategy for achieving your goals don’t master the art of making things much more complex than they ever need to be. Instead, opt for a simple and practical strategy that will help you avoid confusion, unnecessary complexity, and chaos. And that “magic trio” can ruin even the best idea making finishing the project extremely hard if not impossible.
Simplicity is the key to success in
- creating an effective action plan
- developing bulletproof strategy
- developing laser-like focus
There are many different ways to achieve a certain goal. They differ in the level of
The strategy you need to develop should be SIMPLE (but not easy), PRACTICAL (but not tedious), and EXCITING (irreverent).
What's Included In This Workbook
- 8-step formula for success in setting and achieving goals
- 10-step process
- The magic 4 formula of gaining clarity in setting the right goals
- 6 laws of Goal Setting Universe
- Goal Setting Motto
- Strategic planning process
- Specific (goal setting related) knowledge
- Powerful (and simple) tips to developing a successful mindset
- Creative & Inspiring exercises to develop a crystal clear vision of your (ideal) future
- Step by step guide to set the right (SMART) goals
- A simple strategy to create an effective (and highly personalized) action plan
- Tools for designing your own schedule, rock your to-do list and create an ideal daily routine
- Time Management Tips (The Eisenhower Box, The Pareto Principle worksheets included)
- Yearly, Monthly & Weekly Goal Setting (+ Goal Progress Index)
- SMART goals checklist
- Mind Mapping for SMART goal setting
- Celebration challenges
- Creative Worksheets
- The wheel Of life & fulfillment scale
- Flow State Rituals
- Professional Skills Development Tracker
- Powerful Habit Trackers
3. Schedule & Calendar
To schedule or not to schedule?
To schedule, of course!
An effective schedule means getting things done. So if you want to manage your to-do list, focus on your top priorities and accomplish your new year’s goals by the end of 2022 you need to plan out your agenda. Otherwise, instead of managing your time effectively and focusing on what’s really matters, you will be wasting your time, energy, attention, and of course, money.
This simple strategy will give you comfort, peace of mind, and a sense that you’re focusing on the right things instead of falling into chaos. Not to mention that having it all scheduled out means being less stressed, more productive, and mentally prepared for what is about to come, or more precisely, what you’re about to accomplish.
What Should Be Included In Your Schedule:
- Work Appointments
- Important Meeting
- Social Events
- Medical appointments
- Bill Payments
- Grocery Shopping
- Days Off
- Relaxing Activities
- Solo dates
- Fun activities
- Your family member’s and friends’ birthdays
Posts You Might Like
4. Create A Bucket List
If you want 2022 to be the best year of your life, you should plan, organize and schedule some exciting stuff to make sure that you will find the time for enjoyment. So think about the things that will make you feel the happiest and fulfilled, pick the most important and realistic and create your bucket list of adventures that you truly want to experience in 2022.
Keep in mind that the current state of global emergency may not disappear overnight. So maybe don’t plan travel experiences only. Be realistic. Plan different kinds of experiences. Because this way you can be sure that some of them will certainly happen.
Grab Your Free Printable Workbook
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
Stay positive, be mindful and reset your life for a successful 2021!