Table of Contents
Level Up Your Life
2020 doesn’t spoil us, does it? Since the beginning of the year, a lot of strange, unexpected and shocking things have happened. Australian wildfires, 2020 stock market crash, COVID-19 pandemic, Oil prices reach a record low, the first crewed flight of the SpaceX Dragon 2, The George Floyd protests just to name a few. And we still have a few months left to the New Year…
Based on my observations, society is divided into two camps: extreme pessimists and realistic optimists. The first group uses the language of fear trying to engage everyone in catastrophic thinking because apparently we should all be paralyzed by anxiety, while the other group is much more chilled and focused on making a positive adjustment to these less-than-perfect circumstances.
As you might have guessed, I belong to the second group. Because I believe that focusing on what we can control and adjusting to a sudden change in lifestyle is a much better option than just giving up to the fear and waiting for the worse to happen.
Besides, circumstances are never perfect or ideal. You can make your life feel utterly amazing and elevated regardless of what’s going on in the world. So, stop waiting for the perfect time. There isn’t one! If you want to level up your life and pivot to the next version of yourself, the time is now. But you need to act. And to help you with that, I’ve created a simple method called “8 Lists For Utterly Amazing Life” to help you unlock your creative potential and succeed regardless of the circumstances.
This method will not only help you to rewrite and adjust your life goals for the ever-changing year ahead but also it will make you insanely self-motivated and excited about your life. So without further ado, let’s dive in.
The “8 Lists For utterly Amazing Life” Method – as the name suggests, consists of creating 8 different lists that will help you to achieve breakthrough success in every area of your life. Because we’re all about a holistic approach to a meaningful life here! So get ready!
Don’t forget to grab your FREEBIES (free printable lists!)
Prepare Yourself For:
- Increasing your self-awareness
- Pivoting your goals
- Reaching your full potential
- Increasing self-motivation
- Letting go of self-limiting beliefs
- Stepping outside your comfort zone
- Making choices and decisions that along with the best version of yourself
- Creating memorable experiences
- Creating opportunities for personal empowerment
- Designing the life you really want
8 Lists To Pivot In The Next Version Of Yourself
1. A Self-Limiting Beliefs List
What prevent you from taking action towards your goals? Debilitating fear of failure? Demotivating self-limiting beliefs? Or maybe the fear of success is holding you back more than any possible worst-case scenario you could invent?
What if I told you those self-limiting beliefs are the creation of your anxious mind trying to protect itself from the unknown? Actually, that’s exactly what they are. You create your reality with the power of your thoughts. What you think manifests in your real life. And this is how this process of “reality creation” works:
- The way you think is based on how you perceive the world.
- Your emotional state is the fruit of your thinking and the action you talk
- You act in terms of how you feel and what you’re thinking in a particular moment
The key to success is positive thinking and action. This means that by replacing self-limiting beliefs with empowering self-talk you set yourself up for success. Of course, if you brought negative self-talk to perfection it may take a while to defeat self-sabotage but it’s worth the effort!
Ready to challenge your self-limiting beliefs? If your answer is “yes”, here is how you can easily do it:
- Write the limiting belief down
- Acknowledge that these are “only” beliefs, not facts
- Determine what instilled these beliefs
- Look for evidence
- Think of how overcoming these self-limiting beliefs would make you feel
- Determine your new positive beliefs
- Repeat your NEW empowering beliefs multiple times a day
- Act as you believe it (you know what they say: “Fake it till you make it”)
2. A Personal Development Skills List
It’s hard not to notice that Coronavirus is changing the labour market. More and more companies plan to make working from home the new normal. Isn’t it a bad thing? Well, it all depends on the individual approach. For some people, remote working is a luxury, for others, It is more like a “necessary evil”.
However, remote working is not the only labour market trends we’re experiencing this year. And no, I don’t mean the rising unemployment or salary reduction. Of course, these things are happening but I prefer to focus on the positives.
More to the point, “Covidian Era” creates new job opportunities, boosts e-commerce store sales and promotes the development of new technologies. So as you can see, there is always something positive in every negative situation.
So, if you’ve been thinking about advancing your career or pivoting your current career to a different profession this might be the perfect time to do that. And, even if, you’re not thinking about changing your job it does not change the fact that developing your skill set is always a great idea. So make a list of skills that you want to gain and improve in the next couple of months. You won’t regret it!
3. A Future Achievements For An Epic Life List
Taking into account the peculiarities of this year creating the list of things that you want to accomplish in the next future may be quite triggering. And I’m very aware of that. I remember it was this time last year when I set personal and professional goals for 2020. And then, at the beginning of this year, something really strange has happened… yeah…
I’m not going to lie, the fact that I had to postpone some of my goals did upset me, to say the least, and I needed a little time to get over the shock, frustration and anger. But once all these negative emotions have subsided I knew that I needed to take action and turn negative vibe into positive fuel. In other words, I decided to rewrite and adjust my goals for the ever-changing year ahead. And you know what? It turned out to be the best thing I ever did.
Everything in life is manageable. You can always figure out the things as you go. You can pivot your goals, your career path and your life fairly easily if you have a flexible mindset. You create your reality with the power of your thoughts, words and actions. You are the captain of your ship. So don’t wait for an opportunity. Create it. Here and now. Don’t wait for the perfect circumstance to go after your dreams. Make a list of things that you want to accomplish in the next future, create an action plan and take action. Just do it! Don’t let obstacles stand in your way.
4. A Discomfort List
I’ve got an overwhelming impression that 2020 has been testing, stretching and pushing our boundaries from the very beginning. So many strange, unusual, weird, unexpected and pretty shocking things have happened in such a short time that it’s really hard to keep up with everything. I mean, there’s literally never a dull moment in this year.
It all seems more like a futuristic sci-fi movie than real life. Or I should probably say, it feels like several blockbusters combined. I’m still waiting for the alien invasion or for Dinosaurs to make a big comeback… No, but seriously. With 2020 it seems to me that everything is possible. And I’m sure that I’m not the only one who feels this way.
Given the specificity of this year, we could take advantage of this “everything is possible” energy and use it to our advantage. Just think about it. If everything (hypothetically) is possible, isn’t that the perfect occasion to challenge yourself, face your fears and venture deep outside your comfort zone? I mean, you could take the weirdness of this year to the next level by deliberately confronting your fears and venture outside your comfort zone to where the magic happens.
If you’re ready to take advantage of this “historic” opportunity to push your personal boundaries even further and try to conquer your fear, this is how you can easily do it:
- think about all these things that you’ve always wanted to do but you were too afraid of even trying
- write everything down
- create your discomfort list (activities between comfort zone and panic zone)
- create an action plan to conquer your fears (one at a time)
- schedule and organize your so-called “discomfort challenges”
- challenge yourself and get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable
- track your progress
- celebrate both small achievements and big victories
5. Bucket List Adventures
I’m sure you’ve heard about the idea of making a bucket list. But have you ever done it? Have you ever determined a set of experiences that you want to have before you “kick the bucket”? If not, you should do it right now. And I mean, RIGH NOW!
A bucket list will not only help you to understand what do you want to experience in your life but also it will motivate you to accomplish that. Isn’t that great?!
You may not realize it but you have the power to create your future. Your life is in your hands. No matter what has happened in the past or what’s going on right now in your life, you STILL create your reality moment by moment.
Furthermore, you create your own happiness.
Because believe it or not, true happiness is self-created. So, it’s time to stop feeling sorry for yourself and seize the day. How? Well, by creating your Ultimate Bucket List Adventures! And this is how you can easily do it:
- think about all these experiences you want to have in life
- divide your future adventure ideas into different categories (ex. travel, health & wellness, enjoyment, self-improvement)
- write everything down
- visualize that you’re experiencing these adventures right now and notice how does it make you feel (I bet it feel great!)
6. A List Of Things To Not Give A Fuck About
We tend to place way too much importance on things that things in life that don’t really matter in life such as fear of failure, other people’s opinion of us, living up to unrealistic expectations, current beauty standards, revenge, technology obsession or (my favourite) false idols. As a consequence, there is little time left for things that do matter.
Our resources are limited. Time, energy, money, mental capacity, attention, physical space, willpower or even talents are all limited. This means that if say “YES” to one thing you automatically say “NO” to another thing. That’s why it is so important to choose wisely how you’re going to use all the resources you own. Not to mention that if you spend time on things that don’t add value to your life you can’t live your life to the fullest.
So if you want to live a happy, meaningful and fuller life you should stop give importance to the things that don’t matter. In other words, you should stop giving a fuck about anyone and anything that make you feel anxious, miserable, unhappy, angry or depressed. Life is so much easier if you just focus on what truly matters.
Are you ready to stop giving a fuck about the things that do NOT matter in your life? If you answer is yes, it’s time to create your A “Not Giving A Fack About List”!
Sacred Rules Of Not Giving A Fuck (about the things that don't matter)
- All we have is the present moment
- Life is too short to take everything so seriously
- It’s okay to NOT have it all figured out. (You can create an amazing outcome without knowing exactly what you want to achieve.)
- Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional. (The pain appears when we have experienced something traumatic but suffering is the fruit of our storytelling.)
- You are the creator of your own destiny (Be an Active Participant, not a scared and Passive Spectator of your life.)
- Motivation thrives from the action – so take intentional action and move forward
- Attention is our new currency (Spend it mindfully)
- Being assertive is the radical act of self-care
- Letting go of the fear of critique is the act of self-love
- Simplicity is the key to success
- Freedom is responsibility
- Mental freedom is a choice
7. A Gratitude List
2020 has taught us some quite interesting life lessons but probably the most important one is the importance of being grateful.
As human beings, we tend to take everything for granted and act like the whole world owes us something. And I’m sorry to tell you that but it’s simply not true. No one owes you anything. So if you expect something in return, you should prepare yourself for handling disappointment. Because it will come at some point.
Another, huge mistake we all make in life is the assumption that everything (our current status quo) will always remain the same. Well, that’s another mistake we’re all guilty of making.
Remember the time when we could travel without limits, spend Easter with our family, meet our friends without worrying about “socializing safely” or watching TV news without risking a major panic attack?
Well, that was before the coronavirus outbreak was declared a pandemic. Then suddenly, everything changed. The entire world has changed. Our daily habits, customs and attitudes had to change. We had a different kind of Easter. A different kind of vacation. A different kind of work environment. Kids have a different kind of school. I could keep that up forever.
2020 has made it quite clear that nothing should be taken for granted. We should learn to appreciate more what we have instead of fueling the sense of entitlement that is making us ungrateful, spiled, passive-aggressive and just extremely unhappy.
Practising gratitude and becoming a more thankful person will not only make you realize how lucky you are but also it will drastically improve the quality of your daily life. That’s why I highly recommend you to make a “Gratitude List” or start a Gratitude Jurnal to develop a practice that keeps you accountable for developing an appreciation and enjoying happier days.
8. "I Am " Positive Affirmations List
Well, I’m not going to lie, this list is my favourite one. As a former pessimist successfully converted into a realistic optimist I have mastered the art of “beating myself up” to perfection. And, believe me, or not, but I still know how to do it I just choose not to. Of course, I have moments of weakness, during which I secretly like telling myself unkind words. And I’m no stranger to throwing myself a Pity Party even if I know how ridiculous and pretty much meaningless these kinds of celebrations really are.
While a little bit of self-pity is quite normal especially when things don’t go as planned, having a full-blown victim mentality is a completely different thing. When you go through life with a victim mindset you trap yourself in a cycle of misery, blame, guilt and self-pity. And that’s not the best way to enjoy your life unless you’re a masochist. I’m sorry, I digress.
Anyways, In my opinion, there’s a time for feeling sorry for yourself, and there’s a time for self-empowerment speech.
With all the madness going on in the world right now, it’s definitely time to boost your self-confidence with positive affirmations.
Coming back to our topic of creating powerful lists to uplevel your life, the last list I want you to create is a list of “I Am” Positive Affirmations.
Grab Your Free Printable Workbook
Here's A little Preview
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Maximize Your Productivity: 6-Step Method To Get More Things Done In Less Time. HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
Uplevel your life with these 8 lists!