Your Future Depends on What You do Today
Create a clear vision for th life you want.
Having a clear vision is crucial for success in both professional and personal life. Because you need to identify your destination first to be able to choose the right path. Otherwise, you will be going in circles with no purpose.
Your vision is your life guidance, a life compass that will help you to move forward in the right direction. Of course, you don’t need to have everything figured out to the last detail but you should create a clear vision of what you want to achieve during an upcoming week in order to reach your goals an avoid distractions.
Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020
1. Set Your Monthly Intentions
There is this huge misconception about goals and intentions. Most people use these two words interchangeably what creates great confusion. Goals are tangible, measurable and have the desired outcome while intentions act like your life compass, a reminder of how you want to live your life, present yourself to the world and live the present moment. In other words, we set goals because we want to achieve something and we set intentions because we want to improve ourselves, unlock our full potential to build a life we want and create the best version of ourselves. Setting monthly intentions is a useful practice to develop daily, weekly, and monthly habits that make life more meaningful, fulfilling and beautiful.
💠 Who I want to be?
💠 What values do I want to embody?
💠 How do I want to feel?
💠 How do I want to present myself to the world?
💠 How do I want to live my life experience?
💠 What do I wish to contribute?
Once you answer these questions, create your intentions that align with our core values and authentic self and start taking intentional action today! You are the creator of your own reality so stop looking for excuses and get your power back and build the life you want to live!
2. Set Effective Quarterly Goals
You’re trying to make a meaningful and permanent change in your life but it’s not happening? Isn’t that you’re overly focused on finishing your never-ending to-do list instead of looking at the big picture and creating a clear vision of what you want to accomplish in the upcoming months? Have you ever heard about quarterly goals? What if I tell you that setting quarterly goals is the key to success in both your professional and personal life? Because that’s exactly how it is.
While setting short term goals and creating a powerful to-do list is an integral part of a successful daily routine it’s not enough to make a permanent change. To do that you need to think quarterly? Why? Well, because 3 months is enough time to create an incredible outcome while not losing your interest or becoming completely irrelevant.
Thinking quarterly helps you to identify your top priorities in life and achieve the desired outcomes. So instead of spending to much time on making a powerful to-do list, look at the big picture and create a clear vision for the upcoming 3 months. Set your smart quarterly goals, structure your daily life around them and watch how a permanent change is being made. You only need 3 months to become a brand new you!
💠 It’s almost the end of the year which means that you can make your next set of annual goals for 2020 and organize your life around them! Isn’t it exciting?!
💠 Start with the big picture and visualize where do you want to be in 1 year
💠 Create a clear vision for the new year, and decide how do you want to improve yourself in 2020
💠 The year is separated into four quarters which gives you a chance to set 4 sets of quarterly goals
💠 Set 3-5 quarterly goals (for every quarter of the year) and create an effective action plan to achieve them (you will be surprised how much you can achieve in 90 days!)
💠 Plan out how do you want to improve in both your professional and personal life in every quarter of the year and start working on yourself.
3. Create an Affective Schedule
Schedule means getting things done. That is why you should not underestimate its importance, especially if you consider the monetary value of your time. And let me tell you, even if you are not at the working place in a particular moment, your time has still monetary value because you either saving money or investing them in your future.
So take some time at the end of every week (I like to do this at the Sunday morning) and make an effective schedule for the upcoming week. Write down everything you need to accomplish in a new document (Google calendar, Outlook) on your phone or on your computer. Prioritize your tasks and set deadlines for any of them. But don’t overschedule. Be rational and always negotiate with yourself. Do not be your own tyrant. Design your ideal week and set yourself for success. Start creating a successful future!
💠 Schedule means getting things done.
💠 An effective schedule helps you to create a Master Plan for your future and take the right action at the right time so that you have the day you want.
💠It’s time for making decisions and specifying your daily goals to give your life direction.
💠It’s time you enter a specific location of your today’s destination on your life GPS to be able to get there by nightfall.
💠It’s time to set yourself up for success.
- Plan Your Days According to 3 x 8h rule (8h of work, 8h of productive “me time”, 8h of quality rest. A 3 x 8h rule it a great way to achieve work-life balance.
- Set 3 Daily Priorities (You can use the 20/80 Pareto Principle to set your priorities, eliminate your distractions and focus on personal and professional growth. 24 hours a day can be enough to get the most important things done if you eliminate distractions and time-wasters (in every area of your life).
- Set realistic but challenging daily goals (and deadlines)
- Break down your goals into more realistically achievable steps
- Use the Pareto Principle to track your success and optimize what really matters in your life (According to the Pareto Principle, 20% of your work produces 80% of the result. This means that if you manage to identify that 20% correctly you will spend more time doing the right things that will produce the greatest outcome.)
- Create space in your schedule for unexpected opportunities that will emerge at some point especially in the course of developing a new capability
- Schedule Time To Relax – recharging batteries is crucial to our wellbeing and it’s the only way to be able to feel energetic again. If you deprive yourself of rest, sleep, food or other essential things in life you act against your body and as we all know it’s just a road to nowhere.
- Plan for an ultra-effective and productive day the night before (powerful to-do list is the key to your daily success) but don’t overcrowd your schedule
- Track your progress
4. Create an Action Plan to Achieve Your Goals
Once you get your goal structure set up it’s time for taking action and putting yourself in motion. If you’re waiting for motivation and inspiration to strike you you’re only wasting your time and energy. If you want to become insanely self-motivated you need to take an action. Because waiting instead of doing leads to procrastination. And procrastination leads to poor decisions. So instead of waiting for motivation to come go and get it! You are responsible for your life. If you want to achieve something you need to take action. Accept that you don’t need to have everything figured out in life to take an action. You can create an amazing outcome without knowing exactly what you want to achieve. (Yes it’s true!)
There is this huge misconception about the motivation that creates action, but it’s actually the other way around. It’s an action that creates motivation. Furthermore, the more you do the more motivated you become. It happens because the moment you start to notice your accomplishments your appetite for success growths.
- Plan and take the right action at the right time
- Create a reasonable plan of action to accomplish your goals
- Create motivation through intentional action (I cannot stress this enough)
- Put yourself in motion and get inspired by your own actions (post on creating motivation HERE)
- Boost your productivity levels (post about how to become a highly productive person HERE)
- The Pareto Principle (According to the Pareto Principle, 20% of your work produces 80% of the result. This means that if you manage to identify that 20% correctly you will spend more time doing the right things that will produce the greatest outcome.)
- Quality Over Quantity – focus on what adds value to your life
- Eliminate distractions so you can stay focus on your goals
- Rember that being busy doesn’t necessarily mean being productive. So be productive!
Best Posts About Health:
- Powerful and Smart Ways to Manage Your Time Efficiently and Effectively HERE
- 5 Steps to Success in Achieving Your Goals HERE
- The Ultimate Way to Overcome Procrastination and Become a Highly Productive Person HERE
- 10 Powerful Life-Changing Healthy Morning Rituals HERE
- 6 Simple Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle HERE
- How To Start Eating Mindfully HERE
- Put Yourself In A Positive Headspace HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 simple ways to bring mindfulness into your daily life HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
- How to get unstuck immediately! HERE
- Put Yourself In A Positive Headspace HERE
5. Cultivate 9 Dimensions of Wellness
Improve your health and mental wellbeing working on the specific areas of your life.
- Physical (engage in physical activity, nourish yourself from the inside out, stay hydrated)
- Emotional (track your emotions – notice, name, acknowledge, accept)
- Intellectual (focus on personal growth & self- improvement)
- Social (create and maintain positive relations with others, spend quality time with your family and friends)
- Spiritual (find and feed your life purpose)
- Environmental (focus on your wellbeing, adopt a positive mindset)
- Occupational (search for personal satisfaction & enrichment, create space for “ME time”)
- Financial (focus on your career, align your goals with your purpose)
- Creative (unlock your creative potential, explore, create a vision board)
6. Practice Being Present
Mindfulness is about embracing all of these imperfect moments and make them memorable and meaningful. A mindful life is about moving forward and building momentum along the way. So instead of pursuing perfect balance and permanent happiness focus on the present moment. Focus on what you can do, learn, change and improve here and now. And breathe mindfully.
Life is an experiment you never know what results your actions will have but if you stay where you are you will never move forward and you will only get more and more stuck. So stop focusing on how and when your dreams will come true, just focus on here and now.
- Focus on the present moment. Accept what you can’t change and control what you can control. Accept what life is and let go of a sense of injustice. Give yourself permission to feel and experience the authenticity of life. Guide your life with mindfulness and create your own momentum.
- Connect With Nature – contact with nature is highly beneficial to our physical and mental health, it keeps us grounded and mindful. As creatures of nature, we need undeniably and organically daily contact with Mother Earth.
- Practice Gratitude Being grateful equals being humble, honest, respectful and authentic. (Start a Gratitude Jar – Every day write down what you are grateful for and add these “Gratitude Notes” to your gratitude jar.)
- Practice Self- Compassion – treat yourself like you treat people you truly love. Build a strong and healthy relationship with yourself (there is only one person you will spend whole life with and that person is YOU.)
- Feed your passion and keep your dreams alive in the face of reality
- Unlock your creative potential (The best way to do it is through observation, connecting with nature, interacting with others and fueling your passion. Personally, I like to train my creative mind through journaling and communicating with my inner child because I really believe that our inner child is our source of creativity and infinite potential.)
7. Create Space for Ease and Clarity
Overthinking and over complicating things create stress, mental tension, and exhaustion and we all know how these ingredients ruin the taste of our everyday lives. So instead of wasting your time and energy on unnecessary non-critical decisions focus on your main goals and top priorities.
Stop overthinking and overanalyzing every single aspect of your life because it makes your current reality much more complex than it ever needs to be. Instead, create convenience and simplicity over your goals and actions for a happier and more fulfilling life.
Remember that perfection does not exist and you can create an amazing outcome without knowing exactly what you want to achieve. You don’t need to have everything figured out now; you can change directions at any time. So put yourself in motion, get inspired, take advantage of unexpected opportunities when they present themselves and accelerate your personal growth.
- Celebrate your achievements (Celebrating achievements is crucial for your success because it boosts your confidence, increases your self-esteem and activates happy chemicals in your brain! It’s worth the effort!)
- Practice Mindful relaxation (Dedicate approximately 8 hours a day for your side projects and relaxing activities. But don’t spend 8 hours laying on the couch and watching TV. Instead, find your ways to relax productively, for instance, go to the gym, develop your skills, learn something new, gain inspiration or spend quality time with your loved ones.)
- Practice mental self-care (do a digital detox, master single-tasking, keep a journal, meditate, practice being decisive)
- Declutter your external personal space – you cannot navigate your life if you’re surrounded by a complete mess.
- Get inspired (You can find an incredible source of inspiration literally everywhere you just have to adopt a hunter-gatherer behavior and observe your surroundings. Don’t wait for inspiration but find it yourself by reading self-help books, blogs, and articles or just listen to your favorite music.
- Adopt a healthy diet – eat for nutrition instead of just for pleasure. (post on Mindful Eating HERE)
- Get quality rest (Dedicate 7-8 hours a day for a quality rest. Don’t sacrifice your sleep to accomplish more work in a day because it won’t make you any more productive. Compromising sleep will negatively affect your mental and physical performance. So make sure you get enough sleep.)
8. Self-Reflection for Personal Growth
Practicing self-reflection helps you to become aware of the current version of yourself, determine the level of success that you achieve and take the right actions to make good progress in your immediate future to feed your life purpose.
Cultivating self-reflection and self-awareness is just like adding these fresh, high-quality ingredients to your meal. You can eat for pleasure, not hunger. You can live with a purpose not just “drifting” through it. It all depends on you. If you’re ready to take the journey of self-reflection just stand in front of the mirror of your life and explore your consciousness. Take time to delve deeper into yourself. Ask yourself what you need in your life to make it healthy, tasteful and delicious and start adding fresh, high-quality and nutrient-dense ingredients. Looking for some powerful ways to practice self-reflection? Try to answer these questions:
- What am I most grateful for in my life?
- What I am most proud of?
- What one word describes me the best?
- What traits do I like about myself?
- How did I overcome my worst fear (if you have already)?
- What self-limiting beliefs are holding me back from living my best life?
- What doubts I currently have? How can I ease them?
- What has been going well in my life lately?
- What are the five things I would do more?
- What is the most valuable lesson my life has taught me this year?
- What is my favorite way to relax?
- What brings me the most joy?
- How do I deal with stressful situations?
- How do I respond to the situations I have no control over?
- How do I deal with negative people?
- What does happiness means to me?
- Who do I look up to the most and why?
- What is my biggest mistake in life? What did I learn from it?
- What can I do to nurture my mind, body, and soul more?
- One way I would like to grow next month?
DOWNLOAD your 2 FREE workbooks here, just CLICK on the photos!
and Set Yourself Up For A Successful Future