The Process Of Achieving Your Goals
is easier than you think
Table of Contents
From Clear Vision To Spectacular Results
Do you ever question if you are on the right path to success in achieving your goals? Are you’re trying to make a meaningful and permanent change in your life but it’s not happening? Isn’t that you’re overly focused on finishing your never-ending to-do list instead of looking at the big picture and creating a clear vision of what you want to accomplish in the upcoming months? If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s time to improve your method. And if you don’t have any, you’ve come to the right place because in this post I will be talking about my method and how I use it to achieve my goals and dreams. You can use this approach to every aspect of your life, including your health, wellness, social life or even your hobby! We have a lot to do, so, let’s get started! It’s time to smash YOUR GOALS !!!
Creating System For Success
Success in achieving professional and personal requires following a system. There is no magical way your dreams become your reality just because you think intensively about it. To make real progress towards achieving goals you need an effective method. The method should involve 3 steps:
- The Right Strategy
- The Right Mindset
- The Right Action
In this post, I will show you how I cover this method. It’s practically a step-by-step guide to achieving your goals, so get ready because it will change your life!
1. Develop The Right Strategy
Create A Clear Vision
Everything begins with clarity of vision. Having a clear vision is crucial for success in both professional and personal life. You need to identify your destination first to be able to choose the right path. Otherwise, you will be going in circles with no purpose. Your vision is your life guidance, a life compass that will help you to move forward in the right direction. Of course, you don’t need to have everything figured out to the last detail but you should create a clear vision of what you want in life in order to achieve it. Having a clear destination in sigh will help you to avoid confusion and align your goals with your purpose. So I guess, it’s a win-win situation! In my personal opinion, the best and easiest way to create a clear vision of the short-term and long-term future is to use the scheme of the wheel of life. It will help you to set smart goals to improve in every area of your life. It’s how I do it and it’s working!
💠 Start with the big picture and visualize where do you want to be in 1 year
💠 Create a clear vision for what you want to achieve in the short-term and long-term future
💠 Set Your SMART Annual Goals
💠 Brake your big goals into small achievable steps
💠 Plan out how do you want to improve in both your professional and personal life in every quarter of the year and start working on yourself.
💠 Organize your life around your goals by creating an effective action plan
The Wheel Of Life
So grab your free printable”The Wheel Of Life” worksheet you can find below, print it, fill it out with your goals for every area of your life and start creating a clear vision for your future!
Grab Your Free PDF!
Set Challenging But Realistic Goals
Now that you have a clear vision od what you want to achieve in your short-term future make sure your goals are SMART. In other words, check if your goals are:
Create A Vision Board That Actually Works
to manifest your dream life and connect with your future self!
Vision board or dream board as some people like to call it is a powerful tool you can use to visualize your future self, narrow down your desires and maintain your focus on specific goals. It’s your piece of art, your inspiration, and the manifestation of your dream future!
Make A Vision Board That Works:
- Define your purpose
- Discern your intentions
- Dream big but keep it realistic – set challenging BUT achievable goals!
- Set specific SMART goals for personal growth (self-improvement goals are the key to unlocking your full potential by giving you a real possibility to evolve in a better version of yourself and align your life with your core values)
- Be selective on what you want to put on your vision board (it should create focus, not chaos and disorientation)
- Find capturing images and inspirational quotes that you will add to your vision board to make your motivation flow effortlessly every single time you look at your vision board (do your research using the internet, find images and words that perfectly illustrate your short-term future, print them out and stick them onto your vision board)
- Start creating your highly-personalized vision board that will create excitement and enthusiasm every single time you will see it
- Place your vision board somewhere that you can see it (my vision board is above your desk)
- Set the right mindset (Be your own cheerleader)
Plan & Prioritize
Now it’s time to plan for success in achieving your SMART Goals. Because let’s face it, a goal even the smartest one will remain just a wish if you don’t have an effective plan to actually achieve it. In other words, you need to create a highly specific, well-defined and effective action plan that will help you to turn your dreams into realities. So take a pen and piece of paper or create a new Google Drive document and plan on HOW and WHEN you’re going to achieve your goals and organize your daily life around it.
- Set realistic EXPECTATIONS that set you up to achieve your goals (Expect to fail along the way.)
- PLAN and Organize your time for maximum results
- Prioritize efficiently with a TO-Do LIST
- Master your TO-DO LIST to actually get everything done
- Prioritize your TASKS and set DEADLINES for any of them
Schedule & Calendar
Schedule means getting things done. That is why you should not underestimate its importance, especially if you consider the monetary value of your time. And let me tell you, even if you are not at the working place in a particular moment, your time has still monetary value because you either saving money or investing them in your future. Trust me, I know exactly what I am talking about. Because whether you’re setting financial goals like paying off debt or relationship goals like spending more quality time with your significant other you need to create an action plan and put your actions into a schedule to maximize your chances of success. So come on, let’s not waste any more time! It’s time to schedule for success!
- Organize your FILES with Google Drive
- Fill up your CALENDAR
- Find your optimal SCHEDULE for maximum productivity (You can use my scheduling method that you will find below)
Schedule Your Day For Maximum Productivity With My Method:
- Plan Your Days According to 3 x 8h rule (8h of work, 8h of productive “me time”, 8h of quality rest. A 3 x 8h rule it a great way to achieve work-life balance. (Learn more about 3 x 8h rule HERE)
- Set 3 Daily Priorities (You can use the 20/80 Pareto Principle to set your priorities, eliminate your distractions and focus on personal and professional growth. 24 hours a day can be enough to get the most important things done if you eliminate distractions and time-wasters (in every area of your life).
- Set realistic but challenging daily/weekly/monthly goals
- Break down your goals into more realistically achievable steps and set deadlines for any of them
- Use the Pareto Principle to track your success and optimize what really matters in your life (According to the Pareto Principle, 20% of your work produces 80% of the result. This means that if you manage to identify that 20% correctly you will spend more time doing the right things that will produce the greatest outcome.)
- Create space in your schedule for unexpected opportunities that will emerge at some point especially in the course of developing a new capability
- Schedule Time To Relax – recharging batteries is crucial to our wellbeing and it’s the only way to be able to feel energetic again. If you deprive yourself of rest, sleep, food or other essential things in life you act against your body and as we all know it’s just a road to nowhere.
- Plan for an ultra-effective and productive day the night before aka make a powerful to-do list
- Create your Weekly and Monthly Bucket List
- Track your progress
Manage Your Calendar Like A CEO
To schedule my day for maximum productivity and organize my life around my GOALS I use Google Calendar which is the official calendar for Android devices. Having tested many different Calendar Apps I can tell you that this one is the best for optimizing your time and setting yourself up for success in achieving your goals. And it’s FREE! What more can you ask for?!
First of all, Google calendar helps you to schedule like you have a personal assistant working for you 24/7 with the difference that it’s completely free (just remember to pay your Internet bill). Second, Google Calendar is an extension of your memory and self-helping you to avoid procrastinating. Third, Google Calendar offers many customized features to create your unique calendar and become a master scheduler! (No, I’m not sponsored by them I just genuinely love this App!)
What Should Be Included In Your Calendar:
- Important Meeting
- Social Events
- Medical appointments
- Bill Payments
- Grocery Shopping
- Days Off
- Relaxing Activities
- Solo dates
- Fun activities
- Your family member’s and friends’ birthdays
Best Posts Achieving Goals:
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt Before 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized Before 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- 10 powerful life-changing healthy morning rituals HERE
- 6 Simple Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle HERE
- Put Yourself In A Positive Headspace HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 simple ways to bring mindfulness into your daily life HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
2. Adopt The Right Mindset
Switch Your Mind In A Positive Mode
Have you ever heard the saying, “With the right mindset, anything is possible”?
Reality is truly subjective because we create it with the power of our thoughts. What we think or feel manifests in real-life events. This means that if you think in negative terms you will most probably get negative results. It happens because negative thoughts create negative energy that attracts negative events. Whereas if you intentionally focus your mental energy on thinking in positive terms you will attract positive things, people, event and experiences into your life. How amazing is that? Sounds like magic but it’s a science or more precisely quantum physics. Of course, I am not saying that you can always have what you want just by thinking in positive terms because life is unpredictable and many things just happen without our input. However, with the power of positive thinking and proper actions, you can not only achieve your short-term goals but also transform your entire life. So stop thinking in negative terms, switch your mind in a positive mode and start creating results that matter! Train your brain to become more positive and you’ll maximize your chances of success.
Achieve Positive Mindset Through:
- Start the day with a positive morning ritual (I’m talking about it below!)
- Set positive affirmations for the day
- Listen to energetic music and dance like there’s nobody watching
- Practice positive imagery
- Take time to relax
- Get active
- Do a guided meditation for positive energy
- Make time for your hobby
- Challenge your negative thinking and self-limiting beliefs
- Spend quality “me time” (post on how to make the most of “me time” HERE)
Overcome The Obstacles
What prevents you from achieving your goals? Is the fear of failure that stop you form doing the things that can move you forward to achieve your goals? Maybe your an overthinker constantly analyzing everything in detail? Or, a third possibility, you are a recovering perfectionist (If yes, welcome in the club!)
Whatever it is that prevent you from taking action towards your goals you need to identify it, address it and overcome it. Otherwise you will be wasting you time and energy doing the wrong things instead of creating results. Meanwhile here are the main resons that most probably prevent you from taking action:
- Overthinking and over-analyzing everything in detail – All I have to say is: Less thinking and more doing!!
- Time wasters and distractions – Take the effort to eliminate DISTRACTIONS
- Making too many decisions – Remove the unnecessary non-critical DECISIONS from your daily life for greater success and happiness
- Confusing obstacles with excuses – Distinguish between OBSTACLES and EXCUSES. (An obstacle is something that is standing in your way to achieving your goals and blocking you from making real progress. An excuse, on the other hand, is something you make up in order to avoid doing something or explaining why things are not going as you planned.) – Schedule around OBSTACLES in order to overcome them and eliminate the excuses that stop you from ever being successful in life.
- Fear of failure – Overcome your fear of FAILURE (Failure is not the end of your journey but an important opportunity to learn and grow.)
- Waiting for motivation – It’s action that creates motivaton not the other way around. So take intentional action and become insanely motivated.
- Perfectionism – Well, that’s a tricky one. But if you are a perfectionist you know this and most probably you know how to pvercome it.
Create Space For Ease And Clarity
People tend to overthink and over analyze every single aspect of their life without realizing that it only makes every situation much more complex than it ever needs to be. The truth is obsessive thinking and overanalyzing everything in detail is incredibly counterproductive, exhausting and a bit demoralizing. Not to mention that it does not bring you any closer to your goals nor resolve any problem. Of course, I’m not saying that you should not pay attention to details because there are some situations where it’s extremely important like for example signing a contract or taking a loan. But in most cases, you don’t have to over-analyze everything. Trust me, I know exactly what I am talking about. I am a native overthinker and a recovering perfectionist. So stop obsessive thinking and compulsive over-analyzing HOW and WHEN you will accomplish your goals. Instead, take intentional action, put yourself in motion and start creating results.
- Stop OVERTHINKING and over-analyzing
- Don’t OVERCOMPLICATE things – Simplicity is the Key to Success
Create space in your schedule for unexpected opportunities that will emerge at some point especially in the course of developing a new capability
- Take the time to RELAX – when you feel stressed-out, overwhelmed anxious, unmotivated and stuck try to remove yourself from a situation for a while. Do something else. Something that will help you to relax, recharge your batteries and activate your happy hormones.
- Get quality REST (Dedicate 7-8 hours a day for a quality rest. Don’t sacrifice your sleep to accomplish more work in a day because it won’t make you any more productive. Compromising sleep will negatively affect your mental and physical performance. So make sure you get enough sleep.)
- Eliminate DISTRACTIONS so you can stay focus on your goals (post on how to stay focused in a world full of distractions HERE)
Enter The Flow State
Achieve a heavy sense of concentration, increase your sense of clarity and tap into your motivation through a powerful and highly personalized ritual. (more about powerful morning ritual below!) It can be anything from grabbing your favorite coffee drink to reading inspirational quotes BUT it has to be something you love doing! Something that makes your motivation flows effortlessly. Think about “that” activity and start doing it. Stop thinking and start doing. Stop negotiating with yourself, instead put yourself in motion and observe how your motivation flows effortlessly. Enter the flow state through an activity you love and you’re good at and start achieving your goals.
Discover The Power Of Rituals
Is there any better way to put yourself in a positive headspace and enter the flow state than through a powerful ritual? Just think about it. How doing your favorite activities makes you feel? I bet, it makes you feel great!! That’s why I highly recommend you start your day with a positive morning ritual. Do something that feeds your soul and makes you feel alive soon after you wake up. Engage in an activity that you love doing and you know it will put you in a positive headspace. It can be anything from making a delicious cup of coffee to going for a morning run. But it has to be something that inspires you, motivates you and makes you feel good about yourself. So if the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is reading the news with terrible and depressing headlines you should probably avoid that unless you want to feel depressed, anxious and just awful. Instead, develop a positive morning ritual that will help you start your day in a positive way.
My favorite morning ritual is my morning coffee. Honestly, coffee is the best thing ever. I go to bed and I cannot wait for this cup of coffee in the morning. I wake up and I cannot wait to take that first sip of my morning coffee that puts me in a good mood. Is it an addiction? I don’t know. Maybe. Even if, it’s the greatest addiction ever…
I highly recommend you to create your morning ritual that will help you to start your day with a positive mindset. In case you need some inspiration here are other activities I love to do in the early morning, soon after I open my eyes.
Trust me, a positive morning ritual will change your entire life!
Examples Of Powerful Daily Rituals
- Make yourself the perfect cup of coffee or tea
- Achieve peace of mind with morning meditation
- Gain clarity and increase your self-awareness through journaling
- Set intentions for the day
- Practice positive self-talk looking in the mirror
- Write gratitude notes and put them in your Gratitude jar
- Cultivate relaxation to reduce stress
- Practice self-care for healthy mind, body and spirit
- Practice Mindfulness exercise
- Engage in physical activity
- Go for a walk and connect with nature
- Read or watch an inspiring content
- Unleash your creativity through contact with nature
- Prepare a nutritious meal
3. Choose The Right Action
Create An Action Plan
They say that a positive attitude is everything in achieving goals but there is no way you will make your dreams come true sitting and thinking intensely about it. No matter how much you want it there is no way your goals will magically appear without you moving in the right direction. In other words, you have to start living the life you want to live in. Try to do anything, small or big that will get you one step closer to my goal. The more action you take the more you will be living the life you want to live.
Think about your goal and about specific actions you have to take to achieve this goal. Then, break down your large, clear and well-defined goal into small, actionable chunks, specific action steps that will lead you to your main goal. Write everything down and notice how ticking off the things you did makes you happy, satisfied and proud of yourself and your accomplishments.
So, as you can see it’s easier than you think. It’s all about researching, planning, scheduling, organizing, taking an action and achieving your goals. For instance, if you want to buy a house but you don’t even have a job well you need to find a job first. Then save some money, get a financial advisor and get a house… Do something, take intentional action because it’s the action that creates motivation not the other way around. And never forget that your life depends on you. ONLY on you.
- Develop a specific action plan towards your goals
- Create a priority list
- Put yourself in motion and get inspired by your own actions
- Adopt anti-procrastination strategies and boost your productivity levels (post about how to become a highly productive person HERE)
- Use the Pareto Principle (According to the Pareto Principle, 20% of your work produces 80% of the result. This means that if you manage to identify that 20% correctly you will spend more time doing the right things that will produce the greatest outcome.)
- Unlock your creative potential (The best way to do it is through observation, connecting with nature, interacting with others and fueling your passion. Personally, I like to train my creative mind through journaling and communicating with my inner child because I really believe that our inner child is our source of creativity and infinite potential.)
- Manage your time wisely and efficiently (Be productive, NOT Busy) – focus on making steps to move forward with your goals
Take Intentional Action
Once you get your goal structure set up it’s time for taking action and putting yourself in motion. If you’re waiting for motivation and inspiration to strike you you’re only wasting your time and energy. If you want to become insanely self-motivated you need to take an action. Because waiting instead of doing leads to procrastination. And procrastination leads to poor decisions. So instead of waiting for motivation to come go and get it! You are responsible for your life. If you want to achieve something you need to take action. Accept that you don’t need to have everything figured out in life to take an action. You can create an amazing outcome without knowing exactly what you want to achieve. (Yes it’s true!)
Life is an experiment you never know what results your actions will have but if you stay where you are you will never move forward and you will only get more and more stuck. So stop focusing on how and when your dreams will come true, just focus on here and now.
There is this huge misconception about the motivation that creates action, but it’s actually the other way around. It’s an action that creates motivation. Furthermore, the more you do the more motivated you become. It happens because the moment you start to notice your accomplishments your appetite for success growths.
- Action creates Habits
- Habits create Consistency
- Consistency gives you Results
What you really need to achieve your goals is self-discipline, not motivation. While motivation is important it does not guarantee success because it’s not consistent. Of course, you can easily increase your motivation but still, it will be only a temporary boost rather than a permanent state. In contrast, self-discipline is nothing more than a habit of consistency. So if you are trying to plot your path to success you should focus primarily on building self-discipline. Certainly, building unbreakable self-discipline requires time, effort and patience but it definitely worth it. Self-discipline means control of your action, commitment to your goals, avoiding distractions, increasing your focus and boosting your productivity. Furthermore, it helps you to stick to your decisions and pushes you forward despite countless obstacles, difficulties, and failures.
Simple Ways To Master Self-Discipline
- Overcome procrastination (post on how to overcome procrastination and become insanely productive HERE)
- Stop making excuses and increase your Accountability
- Value your worth
- Keep the inspiration going
- Track your progress and ask for feedback
Consistency creates a healthy routine, forms good habits, and builds momentum and these three ingredients are fundamental in achieving your goals. That’s why when you’re not consistent in your action most probably you won’t see results anytime soon. In contrast lack of consistency causes lack of interest, lack of motivation, boredom, confusion, and frustration because instead of moving towards your goals you’re only wasting your time and energy. Here are simple ways to achieve consistency in reaching your goals:
- Create a daily routine that works for you
- Develop productive habits
- Train your brain to be organized (challenge yourself, sustain your focus and take brakes when you need it)
- Plan for success – “Think Big, Start Small, Move Fast”
- Identify your weaknesses and challenge them
- Don’t let your self-doubt to consume you – challenge your negative self-talk
- Celebrate your achievements – even small success is a success
- Remember that more consistency leads to more achievements
Don't Just Accept Failure, Expect It
- Failure means that you’ve tried
- Failure means the first attempt in learning
- Failure means that next time will do it better
- Failure means that you’re stronger than you’ve ever been before
- Failure means that you have another chance to succeed
- Failure means progress
- Failure means delay not defeat
- Failure is the key to SUCCESS
Celebrating big achievements and small victories is not only the best part of the whole process of the self-development process but also a great opportunity to appreciate oneself. Without it what’s the point of working so hard for success? Besides, the efforts of tracking even small achievements every single day enhance your motivation, boost your self-esteem and drastically increase your life satisfaction. In other words, celebrating your accomplishments is crucial for your long-term success and happiness.
So next time when you accomplish a goal, stop for a moment, acknowledge your success and celebrate it! Be proud of your big achievements and small victories. Be proud of yourself and appreciate yourself more. And if you need some inspiration, here are my favorite ways to celebrate achievements:
- Start a Success Journal
- Share the news with family and friends
- Write a list of everything you learned from this experience
- Reflect on the path you took
- Treat yourself with your favorite dessert
- Watch a favorite movie or a TV show
- Buy yourself a little gift
- Go on a solo date
- Invite your friends for dinner
- Practice Mindfulness
- Practice positive self-talk standing in the front of a mirror
- Indulge in relaxation
Download Your Free Printable Self-care Workbook by clicking on the photo below!
and start achieving your GOALS!!