Table of Contents
The Action Habit
Taking action is the most important step in getting the intended results. While having a well-designed plan before you put yourself in motion is a necessary step to even think about reaching your goal, it will not guarantee you success.
Only by taking SMART and MASSIVE ACTION and being consistent with what you do, you can close the gap between your current (unsatisfying) state and desired (fulfilling) state. There’s no magical way your dream come true only because you think intensively about them.
So if you struggle to turn inaction into ACTION and finally find the courage to pursue your goals then continue to read this post because I’m sharing absolutely tips on how to let go of self-limiting beliefs that are holding you back from achieving your goals and how to TAKE MASSIVE ACTION to get the desired results faster and more easily!
It’s time to concert your inaction into action, get to work, and start delivering truly spectacular results.
- How many projects you could have already finished if you had started realizing them instead of analyzing everything in detail to the nth degree?
- How many of your life goals you could have already achieved if you had taken action instead of obsessing over the worst-case scenario?
- What opportunities do you wish you had taken in the past few years?
- Are your self-limiting beliefs holding you back from succeeding?
- Where would you be in your life right now if you had started working towards your goals before you were ready?
STEP 1: Identify The Source Of The Problem
What is holding you back from taking action on your goals?
Lack of Motivation?
Lack of Clarity?
Fear of Failure?
Fear of Hard Work?
The remedy for all these problems is ACTION.
- creates motivation
- helps you to overcome the self-limiting beliefs
- strengthens your confidence and boosts your self-esteem
- helps you to develop laser-like focus
- helps you to overcome the fear of failure by facing it
- builds momentum
STEP 2: Adjust Your Mindset Before Taking Action
1. Switch Your What If’s From Negative To Positive
The first mindset shift to adopt if you want to be successful in personal and professional life is to switch your What-ifs from negative to positive. This may seem obvious but when it comes to starting new projects, trying new things, and challenging your status quo your brain is doing all it can to make up as many worst-case scenarios as possible. And the funny thing is that it is doing it to protect you from potential risk.
The human brain doesn’t know the difference between challenging yourself to reach your goals and putting yourself in dangerous situations. Fortunately, your conscious self knows that difference. So when your brain tries to stop you from succeeding you need to take charge and make a conscious shift from “what’s the worst that can happen” to “what’s the best that can happen”. In reality, your outcome is almost always somewhere in between. If you never try, you’ll never know.
Movement Doesn’t Equal Achievement
2. Movement doesn’t mean progress. Putting yourself in motion and staying busy doing a lot of different things does not guarantee you will get the desired results, nor does it mean you will get closer to your dreams. So don’t fall into the trap of taking multiple but random actions that will only make you work harder instead of smarter.
- Be PRODUCTIVE, not BUSY
- Figure out all the actions (manageable and absolutely necessary steps) you need to take in order to achieve your goal
- Create an effective BUT simple action plan
Most people think that they need to have everything figured out to the last detail to be able to take action on their goals. So they invest all their time, energy and focus on planning, preparing, and visualizing every possible scenario of their project instead of taking action. What they don’t realize is that no matter how much time, energy, and focus they put into the planning process they can get the desired results ONLY by taking action.
Getting ready and have everything planned out to the nth degree is comfortable but not realistic. First of all, you never know what would be the outcome of your actions because there are many different outside factors you cannot control such as a political-economic system or a global pandemic we’re experiencing right now.
Second, you never know what unexpected opportunities are waiting for you around the bend. (they present themselves only if you keep going). And finally, it is always possible to change direction in your life.
Everything in life is manageable. You can always figure out things as you go but first, you have to start. You need to take the first step in achieving your goal. There is no magical way your dreams come true only because you think about them intensively.
Real success is never a coincidence, but the result of
- consistency in taking massive action
- learning from multiple failures
- commitment to your goals
- continuous effort
- enormous sacrifice
- commitment to excellence
- unwavering self-belief in one’s ability to achieve their life goals.
4. Change Your Relationship with Failure
Oftentimes we get a brilliant idea of our next project, we’re excited about the challenge and confident about the result but then something that blocks us happens. That “something” is our fear of failure.
Suddenly all the excitement fades away, our vision becomes blurry and we start thinking that we lack the skills, abilities, and resources required to bring our goal to fruition. So instead of taking action, we start convincing ourselves that it’s better to not start something that isn’t meant to happen. As a result, we abandon our project because we let fear stop us from pursuing our dream.
Fear of failure can be paralyzing – it can make you hesitate to take action so long that you choose not to do anything “for your own good”. Because it’s better to stay safe than cope with defeat right?
The thing is, the only way to overcome your fear of failure is to take action. The more you hesitate to take action the harder it is to start. So instead of assigning your fear more power than it actually has, accept that something may go wrong during the process of achieving your goal. And when it happens you will turn that failure into a powerful lesson, change your strategy, adjust your mindset and come back stronger than ever before!
“The Laws of Goal Setting Universe” Workbook: The Formula For Success In Setting & Achieving Goals” is a 100-page workbook designed to help you create a crystal clear vision of your future, set the right goals (in alignment with your vision and purpose), create a successful mindset, and develop smart tactics (habits, routines, rituals) that will help you achieve your objectives faster and more easily.
- 8-step formula for success in setting and achieving goals
- 10-step process
- The magic 4 formula of gaining clarity in setting the right goals
- 6 laws of Goal Setting Universe
- Goal Setting Motto
- Strategic planning process
- Specific (goal setting related) knowledge
- Powerful (and simple) tips to developing a successful mindset
- Creative & Inspiring exercises to develop a crystal clear vision of your (ideal) future
- Step by step guide to set the right (SMART) goals
- A simple strategy to create an effective (and highly personalized) action plan
- Tools for designing your own schedule, rock your to-do list and create an ideal daily routine
- Time Management Tips (The Eisenhower Box, The Pareto Principle worksheets included)
- Yearly, Monthly & Weekly Goal Setting (+ Goal Progress Index)
- SMART goals checklist
- Mind Mapping for SMART goal setting
- Celebration challenges
- Creative Worksheets
- Tips for creating an inspiring Vision Board
- The wheel Of life & fulfillment scale
- Flow State Rituals
- Professional Skills Development Tracker
- Powerful Habit Trackers
STEP 3: Gain Clarity Before Putting Yourself In Motion
1. create a crystal clear VISION
To establish a clear vision that will inspire you to take massive action on your goals you need to become 100% honest with yourself about where you are and get crystal clear on where you want to be. Because only by defining precisely your transformation starting point along with the specific result you want to achieve you will be able to find the pathway to success.
2. set crystal clear OUTCOME(s)
Once you get remarkably clear on your vision, it’s time to set the right goals that will help you to close the GAP between your current state (your STATUS QUO) and the desired state (your future self) so that you can turn your crystal clear vision into your new reality.
- Figure out what are results you want to get within a particular area of your life you are about to upgrade.
- Get highly specific about what your outcome(s) looks like.
For example, if you want to read more, don’t just write a goal: READ MORE
Be incredibly, insanely, extremely highly SPECIFIC and set a goal: READ ONE non-fiction book a week. And then create your booklist.
If you want to improve your physical performance, don’t limit yourself to set a goal: MORE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY.
Instead, choose the type of physical activity that you want to start or continue to practice, define a crystal clear and measurable outcome and create a time slot for practicing it in your calendar.
3. set powerful INTENTIONS (behind your goals)
An intention is your conscious “WHY”, your motive for action, a true reason why you want to achieve a specific goal. You need THIS “WHY” to be able to push through mental and physical obstacles when they occur. And we all know that sooner or later some challenges will appear. But when it happens you will be prepared and equipped with INTENTIONS – your MOTIVE for action and the reason WHY you want to achieve your goals.
4. develop a bulletproof STRATEGY
When creating a strategy for achieving your goals don’t master the art of making things much more complex than they ever need to be. Instead, opt for a simple and practical strategy that will help you avoid confusion, unnecessary complexity, and chaos. And that “magic trio” can ruin even the best idea making finishing the project extremely hard if not impossible.
Simplicity is the key to success in
- creating an effective action plan
- developing bulletproof strategy
- developing laser-like focus
There are many different ways to achieve a certain goal. They differ in the level of
The strategy you need to develop should be SIMPLE (but not easy), PRACTICAL (but not tedious), and EXCITING (irreverent).
Use The Power Of The Magic 4
WHAT – crystal clear OBJECTIVE
WHY – crystal clear MOTIVE FOR ACTION
WHEN – precise deadline
HOW – specific strategy (can be improved, adjust or even completely change during the process of achieving your goal)
Step 4: Create A Game Plan
The next step in the process of preparing yourself to take MASSIVE ACTION is to develop a strategic plan of action (your game plan). Because before putting yourself in motion you need to know exactly what, when, and how to do to get closer to achieving your goals. Otherwise, you will end up feeling confused and overwhelmed with endless options.
- figure out action steps you need to take in order to achieve your goals
- check if all of them are absolutely necessary
- set a specific deadline for each of these action steps
- put everything in the calendar so that you know when you need to take action
Step 5: Prioritize & Simplify Your Action Plan
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Even though this famous quote from Albert Einstein was closely referred to the science, it works well in pretty much every sphere of life. Because by simplifying your tasks you avoid unnecessary actions, decision fatigue, and complexity trap – the famous three behaviors that effectively block success and prevent you from living your best life.
By keeping things simple you avoid adding unnecessary work to your already jam-packed schedule and wasting your time on “mediocre” activities that do not move you closer to your long-term goals. As a result, you can focus on what’s truly important and what pays you the most.
Simplicity is the key to a successful life both professional and personal. You want to focus on taking action, not on planning on endless possibilities and overthinking unimportant details that are not really making any difference. Only by taking action, you can create results.
- prioritize your tasks using The Eisenhower Box
- simplify your actions using The Pareto Principle
- The Parkinson’s Law
Grab Your FREE Productivity Boost Worksheets
Step 6: Create A Positive Environment
The environment you’re in can either support or sabotage your success in achieving goals. You may not realize it but the energy you surround yourself, the people you spend your time with, the content you consume on a daily basis, your daily habits, your thoughts, the tone of your inner dialogue – everything affects your chances of succeeding in life.
That’s why if you want to develop a habit of action and enhance your chances of succeeding in achieving your goals (one by one) you need to become aware of what energy you surround yourself with.
- A positive environment and optimistic people will bring the best in you making the process of upgrading your life way easier and much more pleasurable. They will inspire you, push you to become a better person, give you hope, and empower you to succeed.
- While negative environment and toxic people will sabotage your success, steal your happiness, and distract you from achieving your goals.
SO IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Surround yourself with positive energy and create a supportive environment to achieve your goals.
- Find your tribe, your people with whom you connect, share your joys and sorrow, celebrate your achievements and grow.
- Get rid of negativity, make small changes in your environment (if needed) and your chances of achieving your goals will skyrocket!
It's Time To Figure Out Your Dream Life
Step 7: Find Your Accountability Style
Holding yourself accountable is more than just being responsible for your actions and the consequences they have – it means being proactive (actively creating your life) and taking action before you feel like it. Because waiting for motivation to strike you before you put yourself in motion leads to procrastination. And procrastination is the thief of time, focus, and energy. Thus, it should serve a life sentence in prison!
Feeling insanely motivated and inspired before you take action is wonderful, but extremely rare. Especially when it comes to long-term goals that you have to work towards during a long period of time.
So instead of relying on motivation to take action and reach your goals, figure out what you have to do to hold yourself accountable for the choices you make and the consequences they bring. Manage yourself and commit to daily work to reach your goals. Because it’s the repetition that leads to success NOT perfection.
7 Proven Ways To Hold Yourself Accountable
- Review your performance daily
- Track your progress
- Create a system of rewards and consequences (and implemented it)
- Find an accountability buddy that will support your work
- Create a personal mission statement
- Ask for honest feedback from someone you can trust (friend, family member, colleague)
- Create a favorable environment to enhance your chances of success
Grab Your Free Printable Workbooks
Posts On Living Your Best Life:
- How To Upgrade Your Life For Maximum Results & Happiness
- How To Figure Out What You Want In Life: 12 Simple Exercises
- Discover 10 simple ways to train your self-discipline muscle
- Use best time management apps to keep you on schedule at work
- Organize your day around your goals
- Use the Eisenhower Box to identify your top priorities and avoid the urgency trap
- Create and maintain a powerful morning routine
- Develop morning rituals to make your motivation flow effortlessly
- Create motivation through action
- Start before you are ready
- Improve your decision-making process
- Overcome your self-limiting beliefs that block your progress
- Balance productivity and happiness
- Cultivate self-care routine
- The 3 x 8 rule for Perfectly Balanced Day & Life
- Create rituals to induce a flow state
and take more smart and MASSIVE ACTION on your goals!