Table of Contents
Balance: Happiness And Productivity
I used to think that my days were too short to get everything done without giving up my free time and sacrificing my sleep. So I did that. I gave up on my hobbies and reduced the number of hours of my sleep from 7 hours to 5 hours. And I lived that way for years until I reached the point of burnout and I couldn’t deal with tiredness anymore. That was also the time when I went from anxiety to a deep depression. Long story I was overworked, overwhelmed and unhappy. That was a very unhealthy time. I knew that I couldn’t go on living like this so I started searching for a solution. And I’ve found it!
After having tested out many approaches, methods, and strategies I’ve finally found the way to get things done, work on a side project, relax, recharge my batteries and get 8 hours of sleep a day. And I’m telling you it’s a life-changer! This 10-step strategy will help you to create a balanced lifestyle so that you can increase your productivity levels without giving up your free time (or sleep)! I hope you enjoy it!
If only there were more hours in the day we could get so much more done, right? Well, not really. The truth is, a longer day wouldn’t make you any more productive, organized, or satisfied with your life. Most likely you would do the same things that you’re doing now but with longer breaks. Not to mention that you would wait until the last possible minute to start on your work according to Parkinson’s Law. So basically, you would be procrastinating even more.
Your daily success depends on a solid routine and your commitment to your goals. So instead of wallowing in sadness about not having enough time to accomplish everything you have on your daily to-do list, plan your days properly. Learn to manage your time and energy levels effectively and there will be no need for longer than a 24-hour day. How can you make this happen? Try the following approach. Split your day into three 8 hours parts:
Dedicate 8 hours a day for work. Of course, you don’t have to obey these 8 hours religiously. Just make sure you’re not over scheduling your work. Being busy doesn’t necessarily mean being productive. (Remember about The Pareto principle!)
2. Productive Relaxation (“me time” on a purpose)
Dedicate 8 hours a day for relaxing activities. But don’t spend 8 hours laying on the couch and watching TV. Instead, find your ways to relax productively, for instance, go to the gym, develop your skills, learn something new, gain inspiration or spend quality time with your loved ones.
3. Sleep (quality rest)
Dedicate 8 hours a day for a quality rest. Don’t sacrifice your sleep to accomplish more work in a day because it won’t make you any more productive. Compromising sleep will negatively affect your mental and physical performance. So make sure that you get enough quality rest.
Clean Your Mental Clutter
We live in a busy, noisy and chaotic world. And while the right amount of these ingredients adds delicious flavour to the salad of life, the problem starts when you add too much of them. Too much chaos, busyness and noise create a mix that not only doesn’t taste good but it’s also quite indigestible. Not to mention that this strange mixture can easily transform into unbearable mental clutter which is pretty hard to deal with. That’s why if you want to stay focused on your priorities and maintain a solid life balance you need to declutter your mind and surroundings regularly.
Sometimes we don’t even realize how much intrusive thoughts, difficult emotions, and stressful situations that happen during the day affect our life. We just keep through our endless to-do list trying to be productive and self-motivated completely ignoring our mental wellbeing. But the truth is you cannot be healthy, productive, motivated and focus on your goals if you feel emotionally drained and worn-out.
If you want to transform your life, tap into your full potential and gain the most of this crazy journey we call life you need to focus on your mental wellbeing and regain your mental focus. In other words, you should schedule time a mental cleanse. Cleaning your mental home and freeing your mental space is the key to a healthier, happier and more positive life.
Simplify & Prioritize
Are you constantly running out of time desperately trying to finish your never-ending to-do list? Do you feel completely overwhelmed by a tremendous amount of tasks to do? Do you wish there were two of you and 48-hour days so you could get everything done? Well, the 34th president of the United States – Dwight D. Eisenhower has a solution for you and it’s called the Eisenhower Matrix.
I am sure you’ve already heard about this time management strategy but have you ever tried it? If not, it’s time to give it a shot. But what is it all about? Well, the Eisenhower Matrix, also known as Urgent-Important Matrix is a simple decision-making tool that will help you prioritize tasks and manage time effectively. The Eisenhower Matrix consists of four quadrants;
- DO – urgent and important tasks that need to be done immediately (ex. finishing a client project, paying bills)
- DECIDE – important but not urgent tasks that aren’t your top priorities but you should schedule them to ensure that progress is being made (ex. strategic planning, personal development, new opportunities)
- DELEGATE – urgent but not important tasks that need to be done but they can be done by someone else (ex. responding to some emails, meal prep)
- DELETE – not urgent and not important tasks that don’t add value to your life (time-wasters, distractions, unnecessary decisions, non-critical choices)
Free "Eisenhower Box" Worksheets
Grab Your Free Workbook
Always Work Smarter Not Harder
Productivity is not only about time management but also about attention and effectiveness. Because if you want to accomplish more in less time you need to identify what produces the most results of all the work you do and focus on those activities. And what better way to do that if not by using the Pareto Principle? This theory, also known as the rule 80/20 developed by the Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto states that 20% of your actions or the activities produce 80% of the outcomes.
That means that if you manage to identify that 20% correctly you will spend more time doing the right things and as a consequence, you will see better results sooner compared to your current working approach. If you want to know how does the Pareto Principle apply to time management, John Rapton explains this perfectly in his post that you can read here.
5 Ways To Work Smarter Not Harder
- Find your most productive hours (“peak hours”) – measure your productivity during various hours of the day to find out when you are the most productive
- Set your MITs and schedule them for your most productive hours when your mind is fresh and your motivation is at its highest
- Identify your top priorities using The Eisenhower Box
- Ensure that you are prioritizing your tasks
- Focus on what’s really important and related tasks that are completely unnecessary
Best Productivity Apps In 2020
- Trello – project management app here
- Any.do – get seriously organized here
- Todoist – task management software here
- FocusList iOS / Android – productivity app that helps you get more DEEP work done
- Y Productive here
- TickTick: ToDo List Planner, Reminder & Calendar (Android / iOS)
- Hours – Time Tracking App Online here
- Toggl – Free Time Tracking Software here
- RescueTime: Fully Automated Time Tracking Software here
- Google Drive (My Absolutely Favourite!)
- Google Calendar
This workbook (53 pages) is designed to help you maximize your productivity and increase your effectiveness without sacrificing your life balance.
Whether you work from home during the Coronavirus Pandemic or thinking about starting a side hustle, this workbook can help you build a more thoughtful work-from-home strategy, bring structure to your workday and create a healthy work-life balance.
– Tips for Working from Home Effectively
– Tips To Stay Organized & Motivated
– Tools for designing your own schedule, rock your to-do list and create an ideal daily routine
– Time Management Tips (The Eisenhower Box, The Pareto Principle worksheets included)
– Yearly, Monthly & Weekly Goal Setting (+ Goal Progress Index)
– Yearly, Monthly, Weekly Planner
– Daily Plan & Schedule
– Monthly & Weekly Organizer
– Time blocking method schedule
– Daily Routines for successful entrepreneurs
– Work Task Checklists
– Powerful Work-Breaks Planner & Checklist
– Yearly, Monthly, Weekly Project Planner
– Creative Worksheets
– Password Keeper
– Healthy Meal Planner
– Flow State & Mindful Motivation Checklist
– Professional Skills Development Tracker
– Healthy Habit Trackers
- Small Business Owners
- People currently working from home due to Coronavirus
- Work from home Moms & Dads
- Direct Sales & Network Marketing
- Online Shops
- & more!
Improve Your Gut Health
We tend to think that our mind and body exist as two separate entities, when in fact they are two parts of an integral whole. That’s why when you are physically ill you feel emotionally drained, and when you suffer from mental health problems you start noticing physical symptoms in a short time. In other words, mental health affects your physical health and vice versa.
Indeed, a good example of the mind-body interconnection and interdependence is the exact nature of serotonin – our happy hormone.
According to Elaine Hsiao, a researcher at the University of California, Los Angeles (USA) that studies serotonin in the context of the brain-gut connection, the feel-good hormone is made both in the digestive tract and the brain. Points out, however, that, the vast majority of serotonin is produced in the gut. That is why if you want to increase serotonin naturally you should focus on improving your gut bacteria. Your gut health is the key to a healthy, balanced and happy life.
18 Ways To Improve Your Gut Health
- Prioritize your health and wellbeing
- Start Clean Eating
- Prepare your meals at home from fresh and high-quality ingredients
- Grow your own food
- Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins
- Avoid overmedicating (avoid especially antibiotics if it’s not necessary)
- Heal your leaky gut (There is a lot of research showing that auto-immune diseases are caused by leaky gut)
- Take probiotics and eat fermented foods that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in your gut
- Use supplement wisely – choose only high-quality supplements that your body needs
- Try intermittent fasting
- Cut down on sugar and sweeteners
- Avoid processed and GMOs foods
- Manage your stress levels
- Get quality sleep on a regular basis
- Exercise every day (and take at least those mythical 10000 steps a day)
- Avoid Alcohol
- Quit Smoking
- Have a pet (there is a lot of research about how having a pet strengthen our immune system!)
Need Some Help With Meal Planning?
Make meal planning easier with meal plans, save money on groceries with smart shopping strategies, eat healthier breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with hundreds of tested recipes, and free up hours every week with an organized meal plan. That’s exactly what the Healthy Meal Planning Bundle will teach you with 58 eBooks, eCourses, cookbooks, and printables! $37 for 5 days only! Learn more here:
Time Alone On A Purpose
When was the last time you took yourself on a date? Bet you can’t even remember. It’s funny how most of us would spend a lot of time, money and effort to plan and organize a perfect date night to impress that special someone, whilst we completely forget to nurture our self-relationship. That’s insane! Especially when you realize that the most important person to please is yourself. I’m not saying to neglect the people who are important in your life, obviously not, the ones who truly love you will always be there for you. But the truth is there is only one person you will spend your whole life with, and that is yourself. That’s why you should start treating yourself like someone you love.
Developing a strong, positive and healthy relationship with yourself might take some time, but it’s worth the effort. Why is it so important? Well, because the relationship you create with yourself determines everything in your life. It is not only crucial for your own health and wellbeing but it also sets the tone for every other relationship you have. That is why, if you want to take good care of others you should start taking care of yourself. And what better way to do that if not by creating a new tradition of dating yourself? In other words, it’s time to show yourself a bit more self-love by taking yourself on a fun, captivating, and enjoyable solo date!
Quality Time With Your Tribe
As human beings, we are social creatures and even a pandemic cannot change this. We need each other for psychological survival. That’s why even a staunch introvert needs community to maintain emotional balance. So maybe we should call this new phenomenon “physical distancing” instead of “social distancing”? Such naming would be much less depressing, don’t you think?
Anyways, staying connected to your loved ones is incredibly important and highly beneficial to your health and wellbeing. That’s why you should not give that up even or especially during these very difficult times. Spending quality time with family and friends is not only a great way to build strong relationships but also a wonderful opportunity to create unforgettable memories. Besides, there is a range of joyful social activities that don’t break social distancing rules such as going on a hike, going on a bike trip, having a picnic, attending a class or event virtually or even making a video chat with friends or family members. So as you can see you can stay connected without breaking social distancing rules! Heads up high, we will go through this together!
Start A Side Hustle
Starting a side hustle and build a business while keeping your day job is the best way to develop your professional skills and create a foundation to become self-employed. So if you’re tired of the 9 to 5 work grind and you’re thinking of becoming your own boss you should start building your side hustle business. What better time than now? And even if you’re not interested in being self-employed, having a side hustle has a number of advantages that you should not underestimate.
First of all, side hustle gives you an opportunity to generate a different source of income which is particularly relevant in economically challenging times we live in right now. Second, having a side hustle can drastically increase your skillset and improve your creativity which brings greater success in life. And finally, a side hustle or a hobby that you could easily monetize will certainly reinvigorate you and reinstil a sense of purpose and meaning into your daily life. So as you can see, there are many undeniable benefits that you may be gained by having a side hustle. Thus, it is worth to try it.
A Side Hustle Without Leaving Your Home!
Is it time for a side hustle? Why not learn to earn money (without a commute or office politics)? And take your career into your own hands? That’s exactly what the Work at Home Bundle is all about: 28 eBooks, eCourses, and printables to help you find work you love. Just $47!
It often happens that we live in a psychological time in total detachment from the present moment. We spend so much time and energy on thinking about what has happened or what is yet to come. We overthink about our past and worry about the future instead of focusing on what’s is happening right now. But if you think about it, there is no past, not future. All we have in now. The past is just a memory and the future is only a promise… but in a good way. So don’t worry!
„Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” So stop for a while, take a deep breath and just be present. Get rid of excessive worry and drop the needless expectations. Accept this perfectly imperfect experience without labelling as „goo” or „bad”. Savour every delicious, mind-blowing second of the present moment. Focus on the present moment and start building foundations for your future self. Use the time to your advantage but be present. Learn from the past and plan for the future but avoid overthinking, overanalyzing and obsessive worrying because it takes away the joys of life. Staying present will help you to regain mental clarity and redirect your focus on what’s truly important.
Self-Care Like A Boss
Most people think that practising self-care is limited to skincare, which is not the case. Taking care of your skin is only a small part of the self-care routine. Self-care is about developing healthy and positive habits that will improve the quality of your life. So we’re talking here about those activities that not only boost your health and wellbeing but also make you feel good about yourself. Of course, activities such as taking a bubble bath or getting a face mask are also included but it’s not just that. A healthy, positive and powerful self-care routine should address 8 areas of your life which are:
Self-care routine is not only an important health practice but also a great way to get out of the funk and uplift your spirits. So if you haven’t already created a self-care routine, now’s a good time to do that. And you know what? It’s easier than you think. All you have to do is to find an activity that brings you joy and happiness and make a ritual out of it! It can be anything, but it has to be something that inspires you, motivates you and makes you feel good about yourself!
Self-Care Mini Bundle For A Fun Self-Care Routine
Lately, it’s been extra hard to find time for self-care as I’ve been dealing with changing schedules and plans, extra stress, and anxiety. I’m sure you understand.
I was so thrilled to find out that the team at Ultimate Bundles created a new 2020 edition of the Self Care Mini Bundle
We could all use a little more self-care right now, am I right?
Inside this bundle, you’ll learn how to:
- Manage your mood and emotions
- Create luxurious beauty products
- Get clear, glowing skin
- Build a fashionable, functional wardrobe that works for your everyday life
- Balance your hormones and shed stubborn pounds
The 22 resources are worth $591.80, but you can get the Self Care Mini Bundle for $29.99.
With these resources, you can live your life with less stress and more joy. Which will be a blessing to you, your family, and everyone you come in contact with. So don’t listen to the inner critic who makes you feel guilty about investing in yourself. When you’re at your best, everyone wins.
Check out the Self Care Mini here:
Best Posts On Self-Care
- How To Make An Epic Self-Care Kit For Strong Mental Health + Freebies!
- How To Create A Simple Self-Care Routine That Will Make You Thrive + Free Printables & Checklists!
- Natural and Non-Toxic Personal Care Products To Indulge Yourself With For The Ultimate Self-Care Ritual.
- 7 Steps to Detox Your Mental Wellbeing. – Cleanse Your Mind for a More Positive Life
- Everything Starts In Your Head – 12 Healthy Rules For a Strong Mental Health.
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Maximize Your Productivity: 6-Step Method To Get More Things Done In Less Time. HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
Create A Solid Balance In Your Daily Life!
2 thoughts on “Productivity And Happiness: How To Create A Healthy Work-Life Balance”
Useful post. Look forward to read more topics
Thank you for your positive feedback!! Have a wonderful day! 😃😉