Table of Contents
It's Just Math
How does your typical day look like? How much time do you spend or waste on mindlessly scrolling through social media, binge-watching Netflix, checking your emails, focusing on judging others, choosing what to cook for dinner, trying to figure out what to wear and doing other stuff that just doesn’t matter? And more importantly, how much time you could save if you just stop doing the things you really don’t need to do and focus on what really matters?
Do some quick math, look at the numbers and see how many hours do you waste each day on things that don’t add value to your life? Numbers don’t lie, people lie with numbers. While creative accounting can make you feel better, bear in mind that you are only lying to yourself. If you want to succeed you need to ditch bad habits that prevent you from reaching your goals. You need to stop wasting your time on useless things and improve your personal effectiveness. If you want to succeed in almost everything you need to learn how to obtain absolute focus and maximize the time you have so that you will be able to get more things done in less time. It’s that simple!
Success is not about having specific skills, secret knowledge or decades of experience but about focus and creativity. Both of these things, mixed with a little bit of positive energy and personal happiness are the key to success. And believe me or not, you already have everything you need to reach your professional and personal goals: You just need to unlock the full potential of your mind and start maximizing results. And if you need some help, here are my 6-step method to maximize your productivity and get more things done in less time.
1. Make Your Gut Health Your #1 Priority
I’m sure you’ve already heard about the gut-brain connection. For me, it’s an extremely fascinating topic and I am so happy that there is an increasing number of studies showing how this natural connection really works. We tend to think that our mind and body exist as two separate entities, when in fact they are two parts of an integral whole. That’s why when you are physically ill you feel emotionally drained, and when you suffer from mental health problems you start noticing physical symptoms in a short time. There’s a reason why a Functional Medicine is so effective… just saying.
Anyways, scientific research and studies have well proven that “the gut and brain are in constant bi-directional communication through the vague nerves”. It means that your brain can’t function properly if you suffer from SIBO (Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth), irritable bowel syndrome or any other digestive problems. So if you want to unlock your brain’s full potential you need to start taking care of your gut health.
Your brain controls your focus, attention and creativity so if you want to become an ultra-productive and highly effective person you need to restore healthy gut flora, increase the good bacteria in your body, and give your microbiome a healthy boost! There’s no other way to do that!
So, if you think that you can eat junk and highly processed food and stay focused on your goals 10 hours straight… I’m sorry, but it’s not going to happen. Trust me, I’ve been there. If you want to make your productivity skyrocket you need to clean your diet and restore healthy gut flora. It’s time to:
- Prioritize your health and wellbeing
- Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins
- Avoid overmedicating (avoid especially antibiotics if it’s not necessary)
- Heal your leaky gut (There is a lot of research showing that auto-immune diseases are caused by leaky gut)
- Nourish yourself with healthy food
- Drink plenty of clean water
- Take probiotics and eat fermented foods that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in your gut
- Use supplement wisely – choose only high-quality supplements that your body needs
- Try intermittent fasting
- Cut down on sugar and sweeteners
- Avoid processed and GMOs foods
- Manage your stress levels
- Get quality sleep on a regular basis
- Exercise every day (and take at least those mythical 10000 steps a day)
- Avoid Alcohol
- Quit Smoking
- Have a pet (there is a lot of research about how having a pet strengthen our immune system!)
Brain-Gut Connection Books You Might Like
- The Mind-Gut Connection: How the Hidden Conversation Within Our Bodies Impacts Our Mood, Our Choices, and Our Overall Health by Emeran Mayer Amazon US / Amazon UK
- 10% Human: How Your Body’s Microbes Hold the Key to Health and Happiness by Alanna Collen Amazon US / Amazon UK
- The Human Superorganism: How the Microbiome Is Revolutionizing the Pursuit of a Healthy Life by Rodney Dietert Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Brain Maker: The Power of Gut Microbes to Heal and Protect Your Brain for Life by David Perlmutter Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Missing Microbes: How the Overuse of Antibiotics Is Fueling Our Modern Plagues by MD Blaser, Martin J. Amazon US / Amazon UK
2. Obtain Absolute Focus
Most highly motivated, productive and successful entrepreneurs start their day at 6 am or even earlier because it gives them this extra time to perform their powerful morning routine, revise their work schedule, prioritize their to-do list and drink their coffee in peace instead of doing all of these things in a hurry.
They have their MITs already smashed before most of the people wake up. Everything is planned down to the smallest details. There is no coincidence or chaos in their actions. They obtain absolute focus with ease and poise because they have mastered the art of entering the flow state to perfection.
Ultra – productive and highly effective people know that progress is made through focus. They don’t mix professional and personal life or check their email every 5 minutes. They know how to reduce distraction to zero and how to delegate well. They don’t multitask. They don’t make personal phone calls during work hours. And they know when it’s time for a powerful break. They know all of these things not because they’re geniuses but because they have build willpower and mastered self-discipline through the years.
So if you want to be an ultra-productive and highly effective person you need to strengthen your self-discipline muscle, increase your willpower and learn how to unlock your brain power. Everyone is different and for every person entering the flow state will look looks slightly different but if you struggle with achieving a heavy sense of concentration and sense of clarity here are some powerful ways to induce a flow state very quickly:
- Create a powerful, productive and positive daily routine
- Create rituals around your flow state
- Use time-blocking techniques (The Pomodoro Technique is the best)
- Clear away distractions
- Eliminate time-wasters (no you cannot focus on your work with your phone in your hand!)
- Practice Mindfulness
- Try guided meditations (they are fun and extremely easy to follow)
Train Your Brain To Be Fully Focused
- Find your most productive hours (“peak hours”) – measure your productivity during various hours of the day to find out when you are the most productive
- Master single-tasking
- Eliminate distractions and time-wasters (put your cellphone in aeroplane mode during your working hours, turn your social media notifications off)
- Build and master productive habits
- Build willpower and master self-discipline (remember that you are in control of your life, time and day)
Best Brain Boosting Supplements Of 2021
You Might Also Like
- Improve Your Brain Power: 10 Simple Ways To Boost Your Memory, Increase Your Mental Focus and Keep Your Mind Sharp.
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020
- The Ultimate Way To Overcome Procrastination And Become A Highly Productive Person
- How To Be Productive During The Pandemic – 10 Powerful Tips For Working From Home Effectively.
3. Maximize Your Time
I used to think that 24 hours in a day weren’t enough to finish my work. I was constantly running out of time desperately trying to finish my never-ending to-do list. I was sacrificing my sleep to accomplish more during my workday, eating in a hurry usually in front of a computer screen, skipping up my workouts because who’s got time for that and of course not taking care of my mental wellbeing…
As you can imagine, that didn’t work out so well. I’ve reached the point of burnout. I was so exhausted that I slept for 5 days in a row with short awake periods to drink some water, take a shower and eat. That never happened to me before. This whole situation forced me to go within and examine what was really going on with me. And believe me or not, but it took me a while to understand that I wasn’t using my time wisely, I was extremely confused with my life goals and I definitely had the wrong priorities. No wonder 24 hours in a day weren’t enough for me.
How can you be able to finish your work on time and have some extra time for your personal life if everything’s urgent and most of it is due yesterday? That’s crazy, right? I knew by then that I couldn’t continue in this way. I needed a major lifestyle change.
So I started spending time learning about time-management skills and techniques that would help me to optimize my daily schedule for maximum productivity. My main goal was to maximize my time. And this is what I’ve learned:
20 Simple Ways To Maximize Your Time
- Separate your professional and private life to create a balance between work and family and you will live a healthy, happy and fulfilling life
- Not everything is urgent nor important that’s why you should prioritize your to-do list and complete MITs first
- Getting your priorities straight is the only way to achieve your professional and personal goals
- A goal without a plan is just a wish. That’s why you need to set smart goals with deadlines and create an action plan to achieve them
- Powerful and productive morning routine set the tone for the entire day and cut all the unnecessary decisions and non-critical choices from your daily life
- Multitasking is a bulls*it because the human brain is incapable of focusing on two things at once
- Distractions are everywhere
- Time wasters kill your productivity
- You cannot focus on your work with your phone next to you
- The act of mindlessly scrolling through social media is much more time consuming and addictive that I thought it was
- Taking powerful breaks at work can make you happier, more focused and more productive.
- Time blocking techniques are extremely effective (especially The Pomodoro Technique)
- Workspace has to be clean, organized and clutter-free otherwise you will not be able to focus on your work
- If you’re not organised, you are disorganized
- If you’re not oriented towards something, you are disoriented
- Human beings are more productive in the morning
- Don’t eat in front of your computer
- Single-tasking is a key to extreme productivity
- Planning meals in advance is a life-changer
- You are in control of your life, time and day
This workbook (53 pages) is designed to help you maximize your productivity and increase your effectiveness without sacrificing your life balance.
Whether you work from home during the Coronavirus Pandemic or thinking about starting a side hustle, this workbook can help you build a more thoughtful work-from-home strategy, bring structure to your workday and create a healthy work-life balance.
- Tips for Working from Home Effectively
- Tips To Stay Organized & Motivated
- Work from Home Motto
- Tools for designing your own schedule, rock your to-do list and create an ideal daily routine
- Time Management Tips (The Eisenhower Box, The Pareto Principle worksheets included)
- Yearly, Monthly & Weekly Goal Setting (+ Goal Progress Index)
- Yearly, Monthly, Weekly Planner
- Daily Plan & Schedule
- Monthly & Weekly Organizer
- Time blocking method schedule
- Daily Routines for Successful Entrepreneurs
- Work Task Checklists
- Powerful Work-Breaks Planner & Checklist
- Yearly, Monthly, Weekly Project Planner
- Creative Worksheets
- Password Keeper
- Healthy Meal Planner
- Flow State & Mindful Motivation Checklist
- Professional Skills Development Tracker
- Healthy Habit Trackers
- Small Business Owners
- People currently working from home due to Coronavirus
- Work from home Moms & Dads
- Direct Sales & Network Marketing
- Online Shops
- & more!
Grab Your Free "Work-Life Balance" Workbook
4. Learn To Set Proper Goals
They say that a goal without a plan is just a wish and I totally agree with that. However, I would add to this statement that if you want to succeed in life you need to learn how to set proper goals and how to design an action plan to actually achieve them. Because most people try to achieve something and they fail not because they lack skills, knowledge or expertise but because they lack a clear vision of what they exactly want to achieve. That’s crazy, right?
You need to know exactly what you want to achieve, how you’re gonna do that and set a deadline for this specific goal. Otherwise, you will be wasting your time and energy running in circles and doing the wrong things. So before you decide to go after the life you want, make sure you know exactly what you want to achieve. Set proper goals and design an action plan to actually achieve them. Create a clear vision and the path for your success.
Remember that everything begins with clarity of vision. Having a clear vision is crucial for success in both professional and personal life. You need to identify your destination first to be able to choose the right path. Otherwise, you will be going in circles with no purpose.
Your vision is your life guidance, a life compass that will help you to move forward in the right direction. Having a clear destination in sigh will help you to avoid confusion and align your goals with your purpose.
You Might Also Like
5. Create Motivation
Once you get your goal structure set up it’s time to put yourself in motion in order to produce results. Most people think that they need to find motivation and gain inspiration before they even start working on their goals. That’s a huge mistake. Because motivation is not something you find or something that magically happens to you while you just sit and do nothing.
Motivation is something you create through your actions. Furthermore, the more you do the more self-motivated you become. It happens because the moment you notice your accomplishments your appetite for success grow and you become unstoppable but only if you keep working towards your goals. Because you need to know that motivation is not constant. Motivation is a feeling and like any other feeling, it is a natural response to a situation. In other words, it has to be triggered by a specific action or event.
So if you want to become insanely self-motivated and highly productive you need to take intentional action. You need to put yourself in motion and start creating real results. There is no magical way your dream will come true only because you think intensively about it. You need to act before you get a dopamine spike that is one of the most powerful motivational triggers. But the good news is that you can learn to create motivation.
All you have to do is to create your own highly personalized morning ritual (or rituals) that will double your energy levels, create a positive mindset and make your motivation flow effortlessly before you start doubting yourself. See how easy that is? You just need to develop an action habit.
So stop waiting and start doing. Seriously stop waiting for something to happen to you. Instead, take intentional action and start moving towards your goals. Besides, waiting instead of doing leads to procrastination. And procrastination leads to poor decisions. And poor decisions lead to trouble…
Let’s avoid that! So stop overthinking, overanalyzing and overplanning because it only makes every task much more complex than it ever needs to be. Instead, set appropriate goals and deadlines and put yourself in motion. Take intentional action and become insanely self-motivated!
You Might Also Like
6. Improve Your Own Self-Discipline
What you really need to achieve your goals is self-discipline, not motivation. While motivation is important it does not guarantee success because it’s not consistent. Of course, you can easily increase your motivation but still, it will be only a temporary boost rather than a permanent state.
In contrast, self-discipline is nothing more than a habit of consistency. So if you are trying to plot your path to success you should focus primarily on building self-discipline. Certainly, building unbreakable self-discipline requires time, effort and patience but it definitely worth it. Self-discipline means control of your action, commitment to your goals, avoiding distractions, increasing your focus and boosting your productivity. Furthermore, it helps you to stick to your decisions and pushes you forward despite countless obstacles, difficulties, and failures.
Simple Ways To Master Self-Discipline
- Stop making excuses
- Increase your Accountability
- Create a priority list
- Align your goals with your purpose
- Manage your time wisely and efficiently
- Set specific goals with a hard timeline
- Develop a specific action plan toward your goals
- Value your worth
- Keep the inspiration going
- Track your progress and ask for feedback
- Celebrate your achievements
Grab Your Free Self-Care Workbook
You Might Also Like
- How To Create A Simple Self-Care Routine That Will Make You Thrive + Free Printables & Checklists!
- Natural and Non-Toxic Personal Care Products To Indulge Yourself With For The Ultimate Self-Care Ritual.
- 7 Steps to Detox Your Mental Wellbeing. – Cleanse Your Mind for a More Positive Life
- Everything Starts In Your Head – 12 Healthy Rules For a Strong Mental Health.
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
Train your brain to be ultra-productive