for a more positive and fullfiling life
Excess Is Not The Answer
We’re living in a noisy world where every moment of silence is worth its weight in gold. Constantly bombarded by an insane amount of external stimuli that our brains cannot even process, we want a moment of peace. We crave peace more than anything else. But instead of slowing down the speed of life and take a brief respite we’re traveling faster than the speed of light. Our schedules are insanely overbooked with things that were due yesterday. Our brains are incredibly overloaded by too much irrelevant information because for some strange reason we need to know what exactly is going on halfway around the world. By the way, have you noticed that sometimes we know more about the political situation in some foreign country than we know about our local community? Doesn’t it seem strange to you?
But the truth is, too much irrelevant information will not make you more informed. Too many false choices will not make you more satisfied. Too many useless activities will not make you more productive. And too many unnecessary decisions will not make more in control. Excess causes only stress and anxiety. Mindless self-indulgence leads to trouble and self-hatred. And over consumerism so heavily promoted leads to addiction and environmental disaster. It’s time to realize that.
Too much of anything is bad for us because it causes us to lose sight of the things that are truly meaningful. Excess creates the chaos of clutter that makes us feel powerless, overwhelmed and extremely anxious. And correct me if I am wrong but I really think that navigating life through this uncontrollable chaos is extremely hard and mentally draining, if not impossible.
So, what’s the solution then? Well, the solution to this madness is actually easier than you think and it’s called: mental cleanse.
So if you feel overwhelmed by an insane amount of external stimuli to interpret and process, choices to make, activities to do, products to buy, know that you’re not alone with these feelings don’t panic because I am about to reveal my 7 step method to detox your mental well-being, rebalance your life and slow down a bit this insane speed of life.
Are you ready to do a mental cleanse for a more positive and fulfilling life? Yes?! So, let’s get started!!
7 steps to Cleanse Your Mental Wellbeing
1. Detox Your Mind
Sometimes we don’t even realize how much intrusive thoughts, difficult emotions, and stressful situations that happen during the day affect our life. We just keep through our endless to-do list trying to be productive and self-motivated completely ignoring our mental wellbeing. But the truth is that you cannot be healthy, productive, motivated and focus on your goals if you feel emotionally drained and worn-out. If you want to transform your life, tap into your full potential and gain the most of this crazy journey we call life you need to focus on your mental wellbeing. You need to detox your mind, clean your mental home and free your mental space for a healthier and more positive life. It’s time for a serious Mental house-keeping. Here are some great ways you can easily do that:
- Stop PROCRASTINATING HERE and Get Seriously ORGANIZED HERE
- Get rid of your MENTAL CLUTTER (journal, engage in physical activity, mediate)
- Overcome INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS HERE
- Get rid of unnecessary MIND COLLECTIONS (stop labeling yourself and others)
- Challenge your NEGATIVE THINKING and negative SELF-TALK (journal, try the mirror technique)
- Try GUIDED MEDITATION (guided meditations are fun and easy to follow!)
- Use POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS to boost your self-esteem and confidence (make writing positive affirmations your daily habit!)
- Incorporate a DIGITAL DETOX into your daily routine – switch off and live in the moment!
- TALK to someone you can trust about your struggles (Talking to someone about your struggles is a great opportunity to release stress and tension from your body, refresh your thinking, gain a new point of view and in consequence look at your problem from a completely different perspective.)
2. Detox Your Emotions
We have this tendency to label our feelings and emotions as “good” or “bad” on a basis of how they affect our thinking and of course, we try to red rid of those negative ones as soon as possible. Because who likes to feel bad?
But the truth is that emotions play a crucial role in our lives and without them, we wouldn’t be able to make decisions, avoid danger, experience happiness or create an authentic human connection with others. Emotions we have, tell us a lot about the situation we’re in and they won’t go away until we acknowledge, accept and embrace their real nature. They won’t magically disappear only because we don’t like them. But they will stop hunting you if you let yourself experience them without trying to suppress, reject or deny them.
So instead of resiting of what your body is trying to tell you, delve deep into this experience, accept your emotions and work through them to find the reason why they happen. Listen to your gut. Focus on what your body is trying to tell you and use it to navigate your life wisely. Use your emotions, good and bad to your advantage. Use your emotions as your guidance system. Delve deep into your experience.
- Take OWNERSHIP of your feeling and emotions (Own your sh*t)
- Go outside and connect with NATURE (walk barefoot and ground yourself, hug a tree, get natural VITAMIN D form the sun)
- Practice BEING PRESENT HERE
- Use simple BREATHING techniques to relax and de-stress
- Keep a JOURNAL as a therapeutic form of emotional release
- Work through ANGER and resentment
- Express your GRATITUDE to yourself and others (create a gratitude jar!)
- Practice SELF-REFLECTION to have a better understanding of your feelings, emotions, and thoughts
- Overcome SELF-LIMITING beliefs
- Manage your EMOTIONAL TRIGGERS
3. Detox Your Body
Are suffering from unexplained headaches, allergies, digestive issues, fatigue, joint pain or back pain? Have you ever considered that your health problems may be caused by toxic food ingredients and artificial additives you consume with your favorite food products? Have you ever read and decoded labels on your favorite cosmetic products to get a better understanding of what you put into your body? (Yes, our skin absorb cosmetics). What about your water intake? Are you drinking enough water?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it’s time to change your lifestyle. It’s time to help your body to detoxify itself. And this is how you can easily do it:
- HYDRATE like a Boss (water helps remove harmful toxins from our bodies)
- Eat CLEAN DIET (eat more organic, buy “real food”)
- Discover the benefits of MINDFUL EATING HERE.
- Read NUTRITIONAL Facts Labels before putting food product into your shopping cart
- Avoid FRANKENSTEIN foods (Stay Away from GMO’s and highly processed foods packed with harmful ingredients)
- Cut down on SUGAR(Stay away from sodas and sugary drinks that provide only empty calories)
- Decrease your SALT intake
- Incorporate SUPERFOODS into your diet
- Incorporate PROBIOTICS into your diet
- Live a more ACTIVE lifestyle HERE
- Avoid HORMONE ALTERING CHEMICALS (Avoid BPA, Mercury, Dioxin, Perfluorinated Chemicals, Glycol Ethers, Organophosphate Pesticides)
- Use non-toxic, natural PERSONAL CARE products
- Get Quality REST (Adopt healthy sleeping habits HERE)
- Practice Relaxation Techniques to reduce STRESS
My ABSOLUTELY Favourite Natural & Organic cosmetics brands:
4. Detox Your Home
We live in a world full of harmful chemicals and environmental toxins, and even if it’s not possible to get rid of them all we can easily reduce toxic exposures and protect yourself and your family’s health. By making small changes you can not only make your house a safe and comfortable place but also save the planet!
It’s time to back to nature, get rid of toxic cosmetic products, cleaning supplies, food packaging, bedding items that are slowly making you sick. Stop surrounding yourself with tones of harmful chemicals hidden in your favorite products and start reading product labels. Trust me once you read and decode your favorite cosmetic product label you will find a motivation to buy natural, environmentally-friendly and SAFE personal care products. The same with cleaning supplies!
Reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals and environmental toxins that in time may result in health complications or even chronic diseases.
Make your house a safe and comfortable place where you can relax and recharge your batteries away from harmful chemicals. Live a more natural and sustainable lifestyle.
- Free your home off HARMFUL CHEMICALS (avoid toxic cleaning supplies, toxic food packaging, cosmetic products packed with harmful ingredients)
- Use NON-TOXIC, natural, green cleaning products (DIY your natural cleaning supplies)
- Get rid of artificial AIR FRESHENERS
- Eliminate or Reduce PLASTIC
- Get a WATER FILTER system for your drinking water.
- Turning off your WIFI ROUTER at night (WIFI router is a large source of EMF radiation)
- Have a “NO SHOES” Rule in your house
- Get rid of the UNWANTED THINGS residing in your home
- DONATE stuff you don’t need
- Clean the AIR at home naturally (Use SALT LAMPS here or here, Organic and Natural CANDLES here, ACTIVATED CHARCOAL, ESSENTIAL OILS, air-purifying household PLANTS ex. English Ivy, Spider Plants, Aloe Vera, Weeping Fig)
- Go for Natural BEDDING Sets
- Buy Natural Non-Toxic MATTRESS
Best Posts About Health:
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized Before 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- 10 powerful life-changing healthy morning rituals HERE
- 6 Simple Ways To Live A Healthier Lifestyle HERE
- How To Start Eating Mindfully HERE
- Put Yourself In A Positive Headspace HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 simple ways to bring mindfulness into your daily life HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
5. Detox Your Social Media
Social media can be a great tool for self-improvement or a dangerous trap of self-destruction. It all depends on how you decide to use it, they say. Well, it seems easy at first but it gets more complicated when you’ve got the phone in your hand. We love to say that we use our social media profiles to connect with like-minded people, create new life opportunities, spread an important social message around the globe or unlock your full creative potential but the reality is entirely different. And we all know that.
Did you know that an average person wastes approximately 2 hours a day on networking and messaging platforms? And no, we’re not talking about LinkedIn but more about Instagram. Does this sound like time well spent? I highly doubted it.
The rat race of social media is insane and resisting the temptation to compare yourself to others seems almost impossible. And the worst thing is that, before you know it, you have entered a black hole that mercilessly sucks you in.
We are encouraged to participate in this “rate race”, compete with others, bury our competition and basically kill our integrity, individuality, and personality. Is this worth it? I highly doubt it. So be a mindful social media user. Don’t waste your time and energy comparing yourself, your life, your achievements, your experiences and your struggles to others. Instead, focus on yourself and your self-improvement journey. And remember that social media accounts represent only a small piece of someone’s life documented in usually carefully selected and heavily photoshopped photos. Instagram glam has nothing to do with real life. Nobody is always happy and nobody looks good all the time.
Comparing yourself to others is in general extremely unhealthy, damaging and devoid of any sense for many different reasons. But probably the most obvious one is that if you compare yourself to others, especially to those who appear to have their life together and perfect makes you feel REALLY bad about yourself. Because your life most probably is NOT perfect just like the life of any other person but for some strange reason, we forget about that scrolling through social media accounts of pretty, happy, wealthy people.
- Manage your SOCIAL MEDIA profiles wisely
- Be careful what you POST (everything posted online is there forever, even if after it’s been deleted)
- Be careful who you FRIENDS with (People love creating fake online personas)
- UNSUBSCRIBE & UNFOLLOW people that don’t add value into your life
- Avoid COMPARISON TRAP (Unfollow people who make you feel bad about yourself)
- Do a regular DIGITAL DETOX
- Don’t let other people’s NEGATIVE ENERGY to affect you
6. Detox Your Relationships
Choose your circle wisely because the people you surround yourself with not only shape your reality but above all they determine who you are as a person. The people you dedicate your time will bring the best in you or completely break you. Optimistic and positive people will add value to your life, while negative individuals will steal your happiness and distract you from achieving your goals.
Choose the people you spend your time with mindfully. Differentiate between people who inspire you, push you to become a better person, give you hope and empower you to succeed and those individuals who make you feel bad about yourself, discredit your ambitions and drill holes under your boat to get it leaking.
Choose your friends wisely. Find your tribe, your people with whom you connect, share your joys and sorrow, celebrate your achievements and grow. Listen to your intuition and invite in your life only those who give you a feeling of belonging, offer emotional support, bring great joy and positively impact your life. Get rid of toxic individuals that harm your health and wellbeing.
- Make time with FAMILY and LOVED ONES count – reconnect with your loved ones whenever you can and squeeze from these special moments as much positive energy as you can.
- Spend your free time in a good COMPANY (Spending time in a good company is an incredible opportunity to create memorable experiences, connect with others, boost happy hormones, and just relax.)
- Remove TOXIC PEOPLE from your life, they have a problem for every solution
- Establish and maintain healthy BOUNDARIES with others
- If you have to interact with a negative person use the Gray Rock Method (The Gray Rock Method is essentially about coming across as a boring, uninterested, indifferent and monotonous person. It is intended to make a toxic person lose attraction to you.)
- Improve your relationship with YOURSELF
7. Detox Your Ego
We all fall in the ego trap sometimes especially when we feel the need to be noticed, heard as perceived as special and better than the others. It’s important to notice this moment and regain control over your life again. Be grateful for what you have, pay attention to your self-improvement, stop being jealous of others and find your true self. You don’t have to win an argument to prove you’re right. Don’t let your ego to control your life and sabotage your happiness. Don’t wait for people to praise you. Be humble and do your thing.
- Recognize unrealistic EXPECTATIONS
- Get rid of unrealistic GOALS
- Set SMART GOALS
- Leave the PAST where it belongs (Stop dwelling in the past, you don’t live there anymore.)
- Stop worrying about the FUTURE (Focus on the present moment and start building foundations for your future self)
- Stop looking for excuses and take RESPONSIBILITY for your life (Embrace the Creator Role)
- Start your journey of SELF-DISCOVERY
- Control what you can control and ACCEPT the things that you cannot change
- Step outside your comfort zone and overcome the fear of CHANGE
Simplicity Is The Key
Nothing has meaning alone. We create meaning. We create stories and narratives to make sense of the world. We create words to describe our experience. We create happiness and suffering. We create hope and doubt. We create self-love and self-hatred. We create success and failure. We create ourselves.
As human beings, we truly love overcomplicating things. We’re looking for extreme highs and trying to avoid extreme lows. But what we forget about, is this moment of pause. The moment of letting go. We are afraid of being in the present moment without overthinking and creating meanings. We are afraid of silence. We are afraid of being ourselves. But this fear melts away when you stop resisting the present moment. So stop for a moment. Take a pause. Breathe. Stop overtaking. Just be. Don’t let these meaning you constantly create to consume you. Just be. Simplicity is the key to a meaningful life.
Click on the Photos And Dowload Your Free Printable Workbooks
And Take a Mental Cleanse for a More Positive Life!