Table of Contents
Uplevel You In The Next 6 Months
What better moment to uplevel your life, upgrade your habits, and create some awesome opportunities for yourself than the mid-year? Why waiting for January 1st to set new goals, make some positive changes in your life, or move closer to your future self when you can do all of these things right now?
The second half of the year is the perfect time for resetting, restarting, and upgrading your life for maximum results and happiness. Because after 6 months you already know what New Year’s resolutions didn’t work out, what habits you want to quit, and what goals you need to pivot in order to succeed.
Therefore, today I want to share with you my formula for upgrading your life and becoming the person you’ve always want to be in 6 months.
Sow without further ado, let’s dive in!
STEP I: Visualize The Person You Want To Become
The first step in the process of upgrading your life in the next six months is to create an inspiring and captivating image of your future self. The purpose of this exercise is to create a clear sense of purpose, increase your motivation for higher performance and boost your inspiration to take steps towards the person you’ve always wanted to become.
When setting a vision for your future self start with a big picture of who do you want to become, how do you want to feel and how do you want to present yourself to the world in the next 6 months. Be very specific and make your ideas as clear as possible. And if you need some help to visualize your future self, here are 12 questions that will help you to do that:
- What my future self looks like?
- What would my future self say to me?
- What values do I want to embody?
- How do I want to show up in the world?
- How do I want to feel?
- What do I want to experience?
- How do I want to make a living? (do I want to change my job?)
- What kind of people do I want in my inner circle?
- What do I wish to contribute?
- What can I offer to others?
- What would make me feel the happiest?
- What (10) worlds would describe best my future self?
Current Self VS Future Self
Another great way to get crystal clear on how do you want to change and who do you want to become in the next 6 months is to describe your current and future self.
Grab your free worksheet below!
The purpose of this step is to:
- increase your self-awareness
- define precisely your transformation starting point along with the specific result you want to achieve
- identify the sense of dissatisfaction that can be a great motivator and powerful source of inspiration for change
- create an emotional connection with your future self
- identifying the gap between current and desired results within different areas of your life
Free Current Self VS Future Self Worksheet
STEP II: 8 Dimensions Of Wellness
The next step in the process of upgrading your life is to go through the 8 dimensions of wellness, identify what are the areas of your life you’re not thriving in, explore factors affecting your life dissatisfaction and recognize what are the things you can do to change that.
A healthy sense of dissatisfaction – the one that motivates you to work hard to achieve your goals, can be a trigger to challenge the status quo successfully so that you can improve the quality of your life and take important steps towards the person you’ve always wanted to be. And the best part, you can do it in 5 simple steps:
STEP 1: look at the 8 dimensions of wellness (8 different areas of your life)
- Occupational Wellness
- Spiritual Wellness (connection with your higher self, understanding that you are part of something bigger)
- Social Wellness
- Intellectual Wellness (internal “wealth”)
- Financial Wellness (external wealth)
- Physical Wellness (health)
- Emotional Wellness
- Environmental Wellness
STEP II: ask yourself what do you want from each of these 8 aspects of your life
STEP III: determine the sense of dissatisfaction within each of the 8 areas of your life (8 dimensions of wellness)
STEP IV: identify what particularly in your life at this moment is not lightening you up and how you can change this
STEP V: Answer 5 self-reflective questions below:
- In which area of my life I am not thriving?
- What is the exact reason why I am not thriving in this particular area(s)?
- What can I do to upgrade the results in this particular sphere(s) of my life?
- What can I start or stop doing immediately to improve this particular area(s) of my life today
- What is the thing or activity I should continue doing to feel more in control in this particular area(s) of my life?
TIP: focus on balancing all these 8 dimensions of wellness to improve your life satisfaction and boost your overall health
STEP III: Set Your Goals For The Next 6 Months
The third step in upgrading your life in the second half of the year is to use your desired future and idea of your future self to set goals that you want to accomplish by the end of this year. Be extremely specific with what you want to achieve and how do you want to feel so that you avoid confusion and time-wasting.
- Set 3-4 (up to five) SMART half-year goals
- Break down each of your goals into small manageable steps (tasks)
- Set realistic deadlines for each step (task)
- Schedule & Calendar each step so that you know what to do and in what order
- Celebrating every step, every victory toward your goal(s)
S – specific
M – measurable
A – achievable
R – relevant
T – time-bound
Free SMART Mid-Year Goals Worksheet
Set Powerful Intentions Behind Your Goals
A powerful intention is your conscious “WHY”, your motive for action, a true reason why you want to achieve a specific goal. Having a clear reason behind your goal(s) will help you to stay motivated, push through obstacles when they occur, and maintain continuity of work, regardless of circumstances. And only by staying consistent you can meet your goals and realize your dreams.
- Identifying the exact reason why you want to achieve a specific goal (a particular result of your daily actions)
- Start with the feeling or state you want to achieve once a specific goal is accomplished
- Think about how achieving a specific goal will change your life (your current version of yourself)
- Write your thoughts down on a piece of paper
STEP IV: Replace Bad Habits With Good Ones
Breaking bad habits is difficult even if you know perfectly well that they block your progress and sabotage your success. This is because bad habits address a certain need we have in life. They help us deal with difficult feelings, stressful situations, uncertainty, low self-esteem, or fear of failure. We use them as a coping mechanism.
That’s why if you get rid of one bad habit that serves a certain purpose you leave an empty space ready to be filled with another bad habit. Because let’s face it, it’s easier to develop a bad habit than a good one.
In order to prevent it, you need to choose a substitute for every bad habit you want to break in order to go towards your dream life. Replacing a bad habit with a good habit that serves the same purpose and addresses the same need in your life will make it way easier to break bad behaviour patterns in your life. The transition will be smooth and enjoyable.
- Create a list of your bad habits that sabotage your health & success
- Look at your list of bad habits that you want to break.
- Think about what is a certain need you have in life a particular habit addresses
- Figure out what good habits would serve the same purpose as your bad habits
- Generate as many ideas as possible before considering any of them.
- Choose substitutes for your bad habits and think about how you could incorporate them into your daily life
Bad Habits To Break Example
Good Habits To Develop Example
STEP V: Create A Bucket List
The next step in upgrading your life in the next 6 months is to create a bucket list. The purpose of this task is to determine a set of absolutely awesome experiences that will bring you joy during the whole process of personal transformation.
You can use this mid-year bucket list as your highly personalized reward system designed to celebrate every step, every victory toward your goals.
Why it’s a great idea?
Because being rewarded for following the rules and mastering positive habits will encourage you to keep doing a good job.
Your mid-year bucket list/reward system may include:
- self-care activities
- mindful moments
- staycation ideas
- family dinners
- solo dates
- social events
- SPA & wellness experience
- weekend trip
- or any type of activity that will create more joy in your life
Grab Your Free Printable Workbook
Best Posts On Achieving Goals:
- Discover 10 simple ways to train your self-discipline muscle
- Use best time management apps to keep you on schedule at work
- Organize your day around your goals
- Use the Eisenhower Box to identify your top priorities and avoid the urgency trap
- Create and maintain a powerful morning routine
- Develop morning rituals to make your motivation flow effortlessly
- Keep your mind sharp
- Create motivation through action
- Start before you are ready
- Improve your decision-making process
- Overcome your self-limiting beliefs that block your progress
- Balance productivity and happiness
- Cultivate self-care routine
- The 3 x 8 rule for Perfectly Balanced Day & Life
- Create rituals to induce a flow state
- Try Dopamine Detox for Maximum Productivity
grab your freebies and upgrade your life in the next 6 months!