Top 10 Ways To Manage It All
work smarter NOT harder
Table of Contents
Most of us wish that there were more than 24 hours a day. But if there were 30 or even more hours a day we would plan, schedule and organize even more activities without a realistic possibility to accomplish them. The truth is, a longer day wouldn’t make you any more productive and any less anxious. Your daily success depends on your self-management skills and your commitment to your goals. So instead of wallowing in sadness about not having enough time to accomplish everything you have on your to-do list plan your day properly and set yourself up for success. And if you need some help with that here are the top 10 time management tips to help you make the best use of your time.
1. Wake Up Early
Most highly motivated, productive and successful entrepreneurs start their day at 6 am or even earlier because it gives them enough time to perform their powerful morning routine, revise their to-do list and drink their coffee in peace instead of doing this on the run. I don’t know about you but I really like to get up early and have this extra time for my energy-boosting habits, morning self-care routine and my powerful morning ritual that set my mood for a positive day even if I wake up on the wrong side of the bed.
Of course, if you are a night owl that prefers stay awake long after darkness falls instead of waking up at dawn, waking up early in the morning may not be the easiest thing to do BUT it’s definitely doable! Just start going to bed at a reasonable hour and set your alarm an hour or even two hours before you’re supposed to go somewhere in the morning. Give yourself this extra time to perform your positive morning rituals, create motivation, boost your productivity levels and set the tone for a positive day.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour and wake up early
- Start your day with a positive morning ritual (more about morning rituals here)
- Perform your powerful morning routine (Perfect Morning Routine here)
- Make time for morning self-care (Simple, Healthy & Positive Self-Care ideas here)
- Create a positive night routine for a productive morning here
2. Plan, Schedule & Organize Your Day Like A Pro
If you want to feel inspired, motivated and energized in the morning plan your day the night before. Don’t rely on your morning sleepy mood to guide you because the chances of you feeling insanely motivated and ready to smash your day without a plan are relatively low. Unless you are extremely good at improvisation and embracing the morning chaos.
Although, technically, a good improvisation requires some preparation, fluency, and knowledge. So whether you prefer to have everything planned out or you just go with the (morning) flow you will have to have some sort of plan to guide your day otherwise you will be wasting your time and energy on unimportant tasks and unnecessary decisions. Whereas, an effective plan will help you to determine both the direction and time of the day. So as you can see, with a little planning, you will be able to design your own perfect day for productivity, creativity, and motivation. So every single evening take some time to create your schedule and make a powerful to-do list that will help you get through the next day in a productive and exciting way! Remember to:
- Create a powerful, productive and positive daily routine
- Fill up your Calendar before others do (I highly recommend Google Calendar!)
- Plan Your Day According to The 3 x 8h rule (8h of work, 8h of productive “me time”, 8h of quality rest. A 3 x 8h rule it a great way to achieve work-life balance. You don’t believe me? Just try it and see how it works for you.
- Set 3 MITS – the most important tasks (get them knocked out in the early morning, as soon as you can when your mind is fresh) You can use the 20/80 Pareto Principle to set your priorities, eliminate your distractions and focus on personal and professional growth. 24 hours a day can be enough to get the most important things done if you eliminate distractions and time-wasters (in every area of your life).
- Set realistic but challenging daily goals (and deadlines)
- Break down your goals into more realistically achievable steps
- Create a reasonable plan of action to accomplish your goals
- Create motivation through intentional action (I cannot stress this enough)
- Rember that being busy doesn’t necessarily mean being productive. So be productive!
Best Posts On Productivity:
- Maximize Your Productivity: 6-Step Method To Get More Things Done In Less Time. HERE
- How To Be Productive During The Pandemic – 10 Powerful Tips For Working From Home Effectively. HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
3. Set SMART Goals And Effective Deadlines
They say that a goal without a plan is just a wish and I totally agree with that. However, I would add to this statement that if you want to succeed in life you need to learn how to set proper goals and how to design a strategic action plan to actually achieve them. Because most people try to achieve something and they fail not because they lack skills, knowledge or expertise but because they lack a clear vision of what they exactly want to achieve. That’s crazy, right?
You need to know exactly what you want to achieve, how you’re gonna do that and estimate the time it will take to complete the tasks. In other words, you need to set proper goals, design a plan of action and set effective deadlines so that you can focus on what’s really important and use your time wisely. Otherwise, you will be wasting your time and energy running in circles and doing the wrong things. (check out The Parkinson’s Law here) So before you get to work make sure you have a clear idea of what you want to accomplish, how you’re going to do that and when each task is to be completed.
What Are SMART Goals?
4. Create Motivation & Build Momentum
There is this huge misconception about the motivation that creates action, but it’s actually the other way around. It’s an action that creates motivation. Furthermore, the more action you take the more self-motivated you become. It happens because the moment you start noticing your accomplishments your appetite for success grows. And what happens next? Well, you start producing real results! So stop overthinking, over-analyzing and planning everything to the nth degree, instead, get into action and build powerful momentum. Eliminate distractions, obtain absolute focus and start producing real results. Don’t multitask! Focus on one activity or project at a time. Set clear deadlines and start producing real results! You will quickly notice how ticking off the things you’ve already done make you insanely happy, satisfied and immensely proud of yourself and your accomplishments.
- Adopt habits of highly motivated people (learn more HERE)
- Make your motivation flow effortlessly every single morning (learn how HERE)
- Use the Pareto Principle (According to the Pareto Principle, 20% of your work produces 80% of the result. This means that if you manage to identify that 20% correctly you will spend more time doing the right things that will produce the greatest outcome.)
- Stop thinking and start doing – Put yourself in motion and get inspired by your own actions
- Adopt anti-procrastination strategies and boost your productivity levels (post about how to become a highly productive person HERE)
- Unlock your creative potential (The best way to do it is through observation, connecting with nature, interacting with others and fueling your passion. Personally, I like to train my creative mind through journaling and communicating with my inner child because I really believe that our inner child is our source of creativity and infinite potential.)
5. Maximize Your Time For Better Results
Most of us wish that there were more than 24 hours a day. But if there were 30 or even more hours a day we would plan, schedule and organize even more activities. The truth is, a longer day wouldn’t make you any more productive and any less anxious. Your daily success depends on a solid routine and your commitment to your goals. So instead of wallowing in sadness about not having enough time to accomplish everything you have on your to-do list plan your day properly and set yourself up for success.
If you want to make your day Ultra-Effective, accomplish your goals and live a happy and fulfilling life you need to manage your time more efficiently. How can you make this happen? The answer is quite simple. If you want to get things done, you need to improve your time management skills.
Top 11 Ways To Maximize Your Time
- Set your priorities straight (New FREE Printable Workbook On How To Prioritize Your Life Will Be Available On My Website for tomorrow!!!)
- Separate your professional and private life to create a balance between work and family and you will live a healthy, happy and fulfilling life
- Set SMART goals and deadlines
- Create an action plan for your goals (A goal without a PLAN is just a wish!)
- Make a prioritized daily to-do list (complete your MITs first)
- Use time-blocking methods to make your productivity skyrocket (The Pomodoro Technique rocks!)
- Avoid multitasking (the human brain is incapable of focusing on two things at once) and master single-tasking
- Identify your distractions and create an effective strategy to eliminate them (put your phone on aeroplane mode while working, turn off social media notifications etc.)
- Take powerful breaks to ease your body and reboot your brain
- Establish a powerful morning routine to optimize your day for maximum results and eliminate all the unnecessary decisions and non-critical choices from your daily life
- Master your meal prep routine
Best Productivity Apps Of 2020
- Trello – project management app here
- Any.do – get seriously organized here
- Todoist – task management software here
- FocusList iOS / Android – productivity app that helps you get more DEEP work done
- Y Productive here
- TickTick: ToDo List Planner, Reminder & Calendar (Android / iOS)
- Hours – Time Tracking App Online here
- Toggl – Free Time Tracking Software here
- RescueTime: Fully Automated Time Tracking Software here
- Google Drive (My Absolutely Favourite!)
Make Your Productivity Skyrocket With The Ultimate Bundle
6. Make Your Health Your #1 Priority
Are you getting enough sleep, nourishing yourself with healthy food and working out on a daily basis? Or maybe you constantly sacrifice your sleep to get more things done during the day, eat pre-prepared junk food and struggle with reaching 10,000 steps a day? Are you take good care of yourself or neglect your health? Are you making your health your priority? If not, it’s time to change this. Because if you want to be a highly productive, self-motivated and ridiculously focused on your goals you need to prioritize your health and wellbeing. Otherwise, you won’t be able to reach your full potential and live life on your own terms. It seems pretty obvious, right? So stop making excuses for not eating healthy, not working out and not getting enough sleep on a regular basis. Put yourself on your priority list. Slow down and take good care of yourself. Keep calm and read 20 health commandments that you (we) should live by:
20 Health Commandments To Live By
- Nourish yourself with healthy food (Mindful Eating HERE)
- Take care of your mental and emotional health (7 Steps To Detox Your Mental Wellbeing HERE)
- Create an exercise routine you will stick to (home workouts are very effective)
- Get quality sleep on a regular basis (The Ultimate Night Routine HERE)
- Start and practice self-care routine using FREE Self-Care Workbook & Free Printables that you will find below (The Ultimate Self-Care Routine That Will Make Your Thrive HERE)
- Use non-toxic, natural and organic skincare products (10 natural and organic personal care products that you will love HERE)
- Cut down on sugar and sweeteners (Overcome Sugar Addiction HERE)
- Avoid processed and GMOs foods
- Manage your stress levels (below you will find the best apps to relief stress and anxiety of 2020)
- Create a healthy work-life balance HERE (Grab your FREE Workbook below!)
- Start practising digital detox
- Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins
- Avoid overmedicating (avoid especially antibiotics if it’s not necessary)
- Heal your leaky gut (There is a lot of research showing that auto-immune diseases are caused by leaky gut)
- Drink plenty of clean water aka Hydrate like a BOSS
- Take probiotics and eat fermented foods that promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in your gut
- Use supplements wisely – choose only high-quality supplements that your body needs
- Try intermittent fasting
- Avoid alcohol & quit smoking
- Connect with nature (Nature is the best medicine HERE and HERE)
Grab Your Free Self-Care Workbook
Best Anxiety & Stress Relief Apps Of 2020
- SuperBetter (Android / iOS)
- Shine – Motivational texts (Android / iOS)
- Pocket Yoga (Android / iOS)
- Calm Meditation and Sleep Stories (Android; iOS)
- Happify: for Stress & Worry (iOS and Android)
- Happier (iOS)
- Headspace (Android; iOS)
- Breathe2Relax (Android; iOS)
- Anxiety Reliever (Android; iOS)
- Self-help for Anxiety Management (iOS)
- Sanvello (Android; iOS)
- SAM App (Android; iOS)
- What’s Up? – A Mental Health App (iOS and Android)
- Self-help for Anxiety Management (iOS and Android)
- Smiling Mind Meditation for all ages (iOS and Android)
7. Eliminate Non-Critical Choices
How many unnecessary decisions and non-critical choices do you make every single day? And more importantly, how are much valuable time and energy you could save if you eliminated unnecessary tasks? I bet you could free up 1-2 hours every single day just by getting rid of some non-critical decisions such as what to wear, what to eat, what to read, what Netflix show to watch, when to workout and all that.
We tend to attach great importance to completely irrelevant things instead of focusing on what’s really important for us. And then we realize it, it’s usually too late because we wasted the greater part of our day doing absolutely nothing meaningful and now it’s time for bed. That’s crazy and incredibly unproductive. Don’t let small non-critical decisions to destroy your focus and productivity. Instead, get rid of as many unnecessary decisions as you can and use the extra time to do something meaningful. Focus on your priorities instead of wasting your precious time and energy on things that contribute absolutely nothing to your life. Set up a highly personalized daily routine, that will create a balance and structure in your day and regain control over your day, time and work.
8. Take Productive Breaks
Fitting relaxation in a busy schedule can be quite challenging but it’s crucial for maintaining your physical health and emotional wellbeing. Not to mention that quick, powerful breaks during your working day drastically improve the levels of productivity and efficiency in your work. That’s why time blocking techniques are so effective. I am sure you’ve heard about the Pomodoro Technique, that is probably the most famous and effective time management system that has ever been invented. Why is it so effective? Well, because it’s simple. And simplicity is the key to success in both professional and personal life. So if you haven’t already tried the
Pomodoro Technique to improve your work performance now it’s time to do that! It’s a life-changer. However, there is much different time blocking methods out there and it’s up to you to choose. The idea is the same, you work with the time you have—rather than against it. So plan your workday appropriately so that you may be as effective as possible. Break your daily tasks into cycles of work blocks separated by short breaks and use those breaks to reset your mindset. Trust me, these short mindset resets throughout the day will help you skyrocket your productivity.
Grab Your Free Work-Life Balance Workbook
9. Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone
Step outside your comfort zone and try things that make you feel uncomfortable. Put yourself in challenging (but healthy) situations, breathe through discomfort just like you’re doing this during an ice-cold shower, balance it out and feel this incredibly powerful adrenaline rush.
Are you scared? You’re not sure what is going to happen? You’re unsure whether or not you’re going to succeed? That’s awesome! Stepping outside of your comfort zone is all about trying new things, challenging yourself, facing your fear and eventually growing as a person. All these self-limiting beliefs that sabotage your progress are only in your head. And you know what? You can change them but you need to step outside your comfort zone first. So think about the things you really want to achieve but you’re afraid of even trying, write them down and plan step by step how you’re going to do them and challenge yourself. Make yourself uncomfortable, feel the adrenaline moving through your veins, feel anxious a little bit, challenge yourself, fail (optional) and succeed (inevitable)!
All highly motivated, productive and successful people are those who venture deep outside their comfort zone. So stop running away from the discomfort instead embrace it. Seriously, push through discomfort, own that discomfort, embrace that discomfort and then… succeed. Remember yourself that every time you’re scared and uncomfortable you’re growing as a person. The magic of creativity happens outside of your comfort zone.
10. Build Self-Discipline
What you really need to achieve your goals is self-discipline, not motivation. While motivation is important it does not guarantee success because it’s not consistent. Of course, you can easily increase your motivation but still, it will be only a temporary boost rather than a permanent state. In contrast, self-discipline is nothing more than a habit of consistency. So if you are trying to plot your path to success you should focus primarily on building self-discipline. Certainly, building unbreakable self-discipline requires time, effort and patience but it definitely worth it. Self-discipline means control of your action, commitment to your goals, avoiding distractions, increasing your focus and boosting your productivity. Furthermore, it helps you to stick to your decisions and pushes you forward despite countless obstacles, difficulties, and failures.
- Own who you are
- Stop making excuses
- Increase your accountability
- Create a priority list
- Set SMART goals and effective deadlines
- Manage your time wisely and efficiently
- Develop a specific action plan toward your goals
- Value your worth
- Keep the inspiration going
- Track your progress and ask for feedback
- Celebrate your achievements to increase your job satisfaction
Improve Your Time Management Skills For Better Results