Thrive, Not Just Survive
Staying Positive In Today's World
Today I want to share with you 12 positive habits that help me a lot to go through this whole pandemic in a much more positive way. I hope you will find this post fun, helpful and interesting. Please stay safe and take good care of yourself!
Habits For The Body
1. Nourish Yourself
For some reason, healthy nutrition became an extremely controversial topic. There are people who claim that a plant-based diet is the only way to nourish yourself and save the planet. Then we have those who eat nothing but meat and claim to be healthy. And then the third group of people who like me enjoy a wide variety of foods. So if you thought that I will tell you what you should eat that’s not going to happen. I am all for free choice.
I should probably add that I suffered from acute Anorexia Nervosa for many years, therefore I know how easy is to develop an eating disorder. It all starts off so innocent. With reducing portion sizes, eliminating several food groups without medical reasons and cutting calories… It’s been a long road back to health for me so as you can probably imagine I am not a big fan of dieting, food ideologies or strict eating habits that have nothing do to with healthy nutrition. I am all about balance. That is why I will not suggest you on what specific diet you should or should not follow. Instead, I will limit myself to only a few basic and quite universal healthy eating tips and here they are:
- Practice Mindful Eating
- Start Clean Eating
- Grow your own food
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Read Nutritional Facts Labels before putting food product into your shopping cart
- Avoid Frankenstein foods (Stay Away from GMO’s)
- Buy “real food” items (Avoid highly processed and packed with harmful chemicals “ready to eat” food products)
- Stay away from sodas and sugary drinks that provide only empty calories
- Having a serious sweet tooth? Opt for healthy options (my favourite is dark chocolate and low carb homemade cheesecake)
- Incorporate Superfoods into your diet
- Plan your meals in advance to prevent wasting food
- Prepare your meal at home with fresh, high-quality food products (dedicate 30 minutes on a Sunday to prepare meals or partial components of meals)
- Buy local and seasonal food to supports the local economy
Best Clean Eating & Shopping Apps
- Fooducate – eat better – Nutrition & Diet Tracker iOS / Android
- Shopwell here – your pocket-sized nutritionist and grocery food scanner
- True Food Kitchen – clean eating app here
- Nutrifix – Find Healthy Food here
- Meal IQ – “Intelligent Meal Planning & Shopping” here
- SideChef: Recipes+Meal Planner – healthy eating habits app iOS / Android
2. Go For A More Holistic Lifestyle
This habit has a lot to do with the story behind my blog. Because like the vast majority of the people, I didn’t pay attention to what I was putting into my body. I was eating ultra-processed food, buying cosmetic products packed with harmful chemicals or using a painkiller for even a little headache. Yet I’ve never read the ingredients. I just assumed that if something is being sold legally it must be healthy and safe. Can you imagine that?
I forgot to mention that I used to suffer from severe allergies, digestive issues, fatigue, joint pain and unexplained headaches. But instead of investigating my health problems I just assumed that it was stress.
Furthermore, I was convinced that it was stress that caused me all these symptoms until my friend (Certified Holistic Health Practitioner) asked me to read the ingredients of both food that I was eating and cosmetic products that Iw as applying on my skin every single day. I probably don’t need to mention that I was shocked and I mean really shocked.
This experience made me realize that I should be a more conscious consumer and pay more attention to what I put into and on my body. And you know what? All the allergies and unexplained headaches just disappeared. I went for a more holistic lifestyle and I that was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I this is exactly what I would recommend to anyone!
3. Move Your Body For A Better Circulation
You want to know the easiest way to boost your happy hormones and create your own joy? It’s called: regular physical activity! You don’t want to morph into homo computerus, do you?
So tell me, what’s your excuse for not working out? Are you too tired? You can’t afford a gym membership? Your favourite gym is closed due to Coronavirus Pandemia? You’re struggle with motivation? Or maybe you’re too busy to work out? Well, whatever your excuse is, it’s ONLY an excuse, not an actual obstacle.
It’s not a secret that a sedentary lifestyle is literally killing us. No matter how much you want to believe this, human beings are not designed to sit in front of the computer all day long.
Scientific research shows that physical inactivity is a leading cause of many chronic or even terminal diseases. So why risk so much? You don’t want to be sick, right? So, get your butt off the couch and engage in some physical activity. (I am going to do the same thing because I’ve been sitting in front of the computer for hours now.) It’s time to get sweaty!
Women's Wellness Bundle 2020 Flash Sale
for just $37!
The Ultimate Women’s Wellness Bundle is back for a 48-hour flash sale!
Before I tell you all about it, let me explain something first…
Lots of my readers are struggling with chronic illness, sleep deficiencies, and hormone imbalances. They aren’t happy with the state of their health.
In fact, so many of my readers are struggling with this, that I almost guarantee you are too. But I asked myself: are my readers and I the only ones that have a hard time with their health?
I assumed that we weren’t alone, but sometimes it’s natural to wonder if we are like everyone else. Or if we’re weird.
And then I found out that Ultimate Bundles (they’re the team who curated the Ultimate Women’s Wellness Bundle) surveyed their audience and guess what? Two percent of people felt great about their health. That means 98% of people don’t. I still feel special, but I feel a lot more normal. 😉
That’s why I feel compelled to tell you all about the Ultimate Women’s Wellness Bundle flash sale. We need this, ladies! It will help you:
- Discover natural ways to improve your sleep
- Find your ideal weight (and love your body in the process)
- Fit exercise consistently into your routine
- Eat less sugar
- Live with more energy
- Balance your hormones
- Prevent and respond to illness in a healthy way
Set loving boundaries for healthier relationships
plus, so much more!
What I love most is that you get 80 resources you can refer to as you make healthy baby steps so you can feel as well as possible. With a library of health resources this big and diverse, it can meet your needs when you run into a new health concern, or as you master one area and are ready to move on to the next.
When you buy the Ultimate Women’s Wellness Bundle you’ll get access to:
- 33 eBooks
- 32 eCourses & audios
- 12 printables & workbooks
- 2 summits
- 1 documentary
Best of all, you can get it all for just $37.
I’ll be back tomorrow to tell you more details about this bundle sale, but for now…
Check out the Ultimate Women’s Wellness Bundle right here:
Best Resources From This Bundle
- Happy Calm by Lisa Grace Byrne (eCourse)
Teaches tools to keep you calm, balanced and flexible so you can live a full and happy life.
- How to Live Simply and Reduce Stress by Angi Schneider (eCourse)
Learn how to create a vision for your life, how to get your home and finances in order, how to decide what to spend your time on, and how to live a life of contentment and gratitude.
- Be Here Now: The Benefits of Mindful Living by Christina Lerchen (eBook)
Be present in your present; living on autopilot is a habit and disengaging from it does take effort. But take it one moment at a time and it will get easier.
- Rooted in Self-Care: 30 Ways to Practice Authentic Self-Care by Rachel Silves (eBook)
- Never Diet Again: “The Sexy Confident Woman Formula” by Anna Renderer (eCourse)
Stop dieting and start dominating with this 21-day revolutionary program to end the vicious cycle of extreme dieting, feeling burnt out and doubtful so that you can finally feel happy & satisfied with your health and fitness.
- Intermittent Fasting for Better Health: The Purposeful Nutrition Guide to Weight Loss, Balanced Blood Sugar, and More Energy by Jennifer Dages (eBook)
- Healthy Habit Planner by Brandice Lardner (Workbook)
Ditch all-or-nothing thinking and find a sustainable approach to habit change that sticks!
- Medical Binder: Be Prepared & Get Organized Once and For All by Ali Chovanec (Printable)
Provides an easy, reliable, and logical system for keep track of health information for any person who wants to receive the highest quality medical care (even when they are too sick to advocate for themselves.)
4. Get Quality Sleep
We all know that getting quality sleep on a regular basis is crucial for maintaining good health, and yet we continue to sacrifice our sleep to accomplish more during our workday. But the truth is, reducing your sleep hours to get more things done, just does the opposite. Because no matter how hard you try you cannot be highly productive, mentally focused and motivated to work hard towards your goals if you are sleep deprived. It just doesn’t work that way. Not to mention maintaining good health. Getting quality sleep on a regular basis plays a critical role in staying healthy, building a strong immune system and enjoying life.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults need 7-9 hours of sleep per night to feel well-rested and maintain good health. So if you have trouble sleeping on a regular basis, it’s a good idea to address this problem. Perhaps all you need is to create a healthy night routine. Whether it is the case, improving your sleep habits is always a good idea.
Best Posts On Quality Sleep
- The Ultimate Night Routine For Better Sleep And More Productive Mornings + free printables and checklists for organizing your evenings
- In Search Of Sleep – Get a Good Night’s Sleep with this Healthy & Productive Night Routine + lots of freebies & Ultimate Bundles
- How I Deal With Insomnia. 10 Proven Tips To Get Quality Sleep Again.
Habits For The Mind
5. Honour Your Feelings
We tend to label emotions as “good” or “bad” based on how they affect us. And of course, we try to get rid immediately of difficult and negatives ones because we just don’t want to feel bad. Isn’t that obvious? Well, maybe it is. But the problem with looking at emotions as “good” or “bad” is that it creates inner conflict. In other words, we’re in a constant state of internal battle trying to suppress difficult emotions or replace them (on force) with positive ones. And in consequence, instead of feeling better, we feel much worse.
Truth is there is no such thing as “good” or “bad” emotions. Every emotion is important and valid. Furthermore, emotions play an essential role in our lives and without them, we wouldn’t be able to make decisions, avoid danger, experience happiness or create an authentic human connection with others.
Emotions we experience, tell us a lot about the situation we’re in and they won’t go away until we acknowledge, accept and embrace their real nature. They won’t magically disappear only because we don’t like them. But they will stop hunting you if you let yourself experience them without trying to suppress, reject or deny them.
So instead of resiting of what your body is trying to tell you, delve deep into this experience, accept your emotions and work through them to find the reason why they happen. Listen to your gut. Focus on what your body is trying to tell you and use it to navigate your life wisely. Use your emotions, good and bad to your advantage. Use your emotions as your guidance system. Delve deep into your experience.
Best Apps For Stress & Anxiety Relief
- SuperBetter (Android / iOS)
- Shine – Motivational texts (Android / iOS)
- Pocket Yoga (Android / iOS)
- Calm Meditation and Sleep Stories (Android; iOS)
- Happify: for Stress & Worry (iOS and Android)
- Happier (iOS)
- Headspace (Android; iOS)
- Breathe2Relax (Android; iOS)
- Anxiety Reliever (Android; iOS)
- Self-help for Anxiety Management (iOS)
- Sanvello (Android; iOS)
- SAM App (Android; iOS)
- What’s Up? – A Mental Health App (iOS and Android)
- Self-help for Anxiety Management (iOS and Android)
- Smiling Mind Meditation for all ages (iOS and Android)
6. Control Your Mindset
One of the most important steps to reduce anxiety and stress is to recognize that you are in control of your mindset. Without this awareness, you will most likely fuel your fearful ego and indulge in negative thinking. We all know how easy it is obsess over worst-case scenarios especially if the situation we found ourselves in is pretty tough.
The coronavirus pandemic is one of those highly complex situations that are dangerous and beyond your control. However, even if you cannot predict what is going to happen next you can still control how you respond to events in your life. But in order to do it, first, you need to recognize that you are in control of your thoughts. You decide what thought to feed and what to free immediately. You have the power to turn negative thoughts upside down and use less-than-perfect circumstances to your advantage.
If you want to thrive in chaotic and uncertain moments like this, you need to focus on developing a long-lasting positive mindset. Positive thinking and unconditional belief that you can use this crisis to come out stronger will help you to restore mental clarity, look at our current world from many different angles and points of view and make the right decisions about your future.
7. Practice A Hobby
Social distancing, quarantines, and isolation during the Coronavirus pandemic are quite challenging, to say the least. In these difficult times is so easy to engage in negative thinking and obsess over worst-case scenarios, but it’s not how you build strong mental health and improve your mood. So instead of watching news 24/7 that can only make you feel worse and worse do the things that make you feel genuinely happy, peaceful and fulfilled. Do something that feeds your soul and makes you feel alive! Create a hobby (or hobbies) and make time for it!
I am sure you know this saying: “Always have 3 hobbies. One that keeps you in shape. One that keeps you creative. One that makes you money.”
Isn’t that a wonderful approach to look for a hobby you will love?
It’s the exact approach I’ve decided to adopt a couple of years ago and since then the quality of my life improved drastically! That’s why I suggest you do the same!
Think about some activity that inspires you, motivates you and makes you feel good about yourself and make time for it! Create a side hustle to improve your financial situation. Feed your passion and make some money at the same time!
8. Take Care Of Your Financial Health
Most of us knew that there would be severe economic repercussions of COVID-19 already in March when they put many countries under total lockdown. Most people were too preoccupied with trying to make sense of this health crisis that they didn’t think about how it would affect the global economy. Now pretty much everyone is talking about that.
Whether we like it or not, money affects the most important things in life. Money can’t buy happiness but they can buy financial freedom and open door to opportunities you didn’t have before. For instance, if you’re struggling financially you cannot afford the highest-ranked University even if you’ve got accepted, you’re not able to travel abroad and see the most beautiful sights for yourself, you cannot improve your healthy eating habits by adding more organic food products into your diet and you cannot afford major medical insurance.
All of these “can’t” causes a lot of unnecessary stress, anxiety and worry. Money should not be your GOAL but if used wisely it becomes a powerful TOOL to reach your objectives and make your dreams come true. That’s why it is so important to take care of financial health and start building your future wealth right now. And to help you with that I’ve created an eBook titled “A Simple plan for your financial independence” and financial planner kit that you can purchase here. They are on SALE now! If you want to learn more about these brand new products you will find all the information here
Best Posts On Personal Finance
- 10 Money Habits To Develop Financial Freedom And Success.
- How To Become Money Conscious And Start Saving Money From Scratch
- Mindful Money Management
- Become a More Mindful Shopper and Save Money
- The 5-Step Weekly Routine For Living A Successful And Happy Life.
- Embracing Frugal Lifestyle: 7 Things I Stopped Buying And Start Doing To Save More Money.
- Frugal Living: 20 Practical Tips On How To Save Money But Still Have Fun.
Personal Finance Bundle On Sale!
SUPER FINANCIAL BUNDLE SALE!
PURCHASE 2 Products (ebook + financial planner) for ONLY $19,99!!
120 Pages of FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE that will help you to achieve your ultimate goal – financial FREEDOM!!
“A Simple Plan for Your Financial Independence” provides essential skills and actionable strategies you can use to improve your financial health and create lasting wealth and abundance.
This eBook is an easy step-by-step guide to go from BROKE to FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT!
Every chapter is a self-improvement challenge that will move your closer to your biggest goal – financial independence.
Financial Planner is a bundle that contains 29 pages of printable writing worksheets that will help you to evaluate your financial health, set SMART financial goals, set effective budget, set an emergency fund, get into the habit of saving more money, become money conscious and develop powerful habits for achieving financial freedom.
Habits For The Soul
9. Practice Gratitude
Remember the time when we could travel without limits, meet our friends without worrying about “socialize safely” or watching TV news without risking a major panic attack? Well, that was before coronavirus was declared a pandemic.
With the COVID-19 outbreak now pandemic, the world became extremely chaotic, uncertain and almost unreal. All of a sudden everything changed. The entire world has dramatically changed. Our daily habits, customs and attitudes have changed. We had a different kind of Easter and summer vacation. Most of us try to cope with a strange mix of feelings that we never experienced before.
If this pandemic teaches us anything it is simply this – stop taking things for granted and be grateful for what I have. That seems more obvious than ever now that appreciating all things and enjoying every moment is crucial for living a more meaningful life. Practising gratitude will not only help you to reduce anxiety but also it will increase your life satisfaction. So stop taking things for granted and notice how lucky you are to be in the here and now.
Best Posts On Self-Care
- How To Make An Epic Self-Care Kit For Strong Mental Health + Freebies!
- How To Create A Simple Self-Care Routine That Will Make You Thrive + Free Printables & Checklists!
- Natural and Non-Toxic Personal Care Products To Indulge Yourself With For The Ultimate Self-Care Ritual.
- 7 Steps to Detox Your Mental Wellbeing. – Cleanse Your Mind for a More Positive Life
- Everything Starts In Your Head – 12 Healthy Rules For a Strong Mental Health.
- Wellness Weekend Challenge: 10 Ways To Reset, Relax And Reboot.
10. Connect With Others
Whether you’re self-isolating or not during the coronavirus pandemic you should stay in contact with your loved ones. Just because you cannot spend time physically with your family and friends doesn’t mean that you should shut yourself off. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.
Isolation is hard. Social distancing, staying at least six feet away and avoiding physical contact is not something we are used to. But with a bit of goodwill, we can make this experience less fearful. Besides, we live in the digital era, we use technological devices all day, every day. We can stay connected to those we care about 24/7. You can self-isolating without feeling totally isolated.
Or you can engage in social activities that are fun but STILL safe during the Coronavirus pandemic. You can have fun with your family and friends without breaking “social distancing” rules. For instance, you can go for a hike, go on a bike trip, have a picnic In the park, attend a class or event virtually. So as you can see you can meet your loved ones without risking your or their’s health.
Spending quality time with family and friends is not only a great way to build strong relationships but also a wonderful opportunity to create unforgettable memories. So don’t give up on that.
Best Posts About Health:
- Immunity-Boosting Shopping List On A Budget – Make Your Immune System Bulletproof And Build Your Resistance To Viruses Now! HERE
- 10 Simple Ways To Boost Your Immune System During The days Of Coronavirus. HERE
- Effective Self-Help – Discover The Best Self-Help Resources To Improve Your Mental Wellbeing HERE
- The 20 Most Unexpected Benefits of Anxiety HERE
- Anxiety Self-Kit – Create Your Own Self-Calming Strategy. HERE
- Smart and Powerful Ways to Deal with a Panic Attack in a Public Place. HERE
- 7 Steps To Detox Your Mental Health HERE
- 10 Powerful Ways To Recover After A Hard Day HERE
- In Search Of Sleep – Get a Good Night Sleep HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The 3 x 8 Method Will Immediately Change Your Life For Better! HERE
- 10 simple ways to bring mindfulness into your daily life HERE
11. Cultivate Beginner's Mind
“I know that I know nothing”
This famous Socratic paradox is a starting point in acquiring knowledge. Most people‘s deepest fear is to admit that they don’t know something as if possessing all the knowledge of the universe was possible. And just like we all know that it’s impossible we shouldn’t be afraid of saying “I don’t know”. It’s actually a very humble thing to do and an incredible opportunity to explore, experience and learn something new. So instead of being afraid of not knowing something cultivate a Beginner’s Mind.
Practice being curious, be open to new experiences, ask questions, observe, take notes and fuel your desire for new information. Every day you have an incredible opportunity to learn something new and use it to fuel your personal growth. Curiosity is the basis of true learning and self-improvement.
- Cultivate Growth Mindset
- Be Open-Minded
12. Practice Mindfulness
Mindfulness is the art of paying attention and living in the present moment without the need to create a perfect experience. It’s about taking advantage of the current situation, observing and getting inspired by what is happening “here & now”. That’s why mindful people listen attentively, observe carefully, make conscious decisions, embrace the current experience and develop the ability to find beauty in little things. Live is here and now, that’s why dwelling in the past and worrying about the future is counterproductive, demotivating and uninspiring. So if you want to increase your concentration, boost your focus and develop an acute sense of observation I highly recommend you to start practising mindfulness on a daily basis. Train your brain to be fully present. Be in the moment and make the most of every minute of your life.
- Live In The Here And Now
- Try Guided Mindfulness Meditation
- Use Positive Affirmations to boost your mental power, self-esteem, and self-worth (try “I AM” positive affirmations guided meditation!)
- Practice Gratitude (Start a Gratitude Jar – Every day write down what you are grateful for and add these “Gratitude Notes” to your gratitude jar.)
- Feed your passion and unlock your creative potential
- Connect With Nature – contact with nature is highly beneficial to our physical and mental health, it keeps us healthy, grounded and relaxed. So stop hiding in your home. Instead, get outside and connect with nature. Get some natural vitamin D from sunshine and boost your happy hormones.
Stay Safe And Take Care Of Yourself