Table of Contents
Your Future Starts Today
“Today is the first day of the rest of your life”. Today is your chance to get closer to your awesome future self. But only if you want to challenge yourself, step outside your comfort zone, and start doing the things you’ve always wanted to do but you’ve been terrified to even try.
The choice is always yours, and only yours.
You can take advantage of the opportunity to make absolutely the most of this day or you can just get through this day and perform your tasks as usual. The first option will open the doors to a whole new world. The world where you are the creator of your life and your reality. The second option will make you stuck in the life you know well – your current state, your comfort zone, your status quo.
What do you choose?
If you choose the first option (I bet you do), then continue to read this post because I am sharing 9 successful habits that your future self will be thankful for!
So without further ado, let’s dive in!
Let’s make your future self proud af!!
Habit 1: Start Being Honest With Yourself
Most people when asked about the quality they admire the most in others, say honesty and authenticity. No one likes to be tricked, played, or lied to. When we discover someone we care about isn’t who we think they are, we want nothing to do with that person ever again.
So, if honesty and sincerity tend to be our biggest praises,
- Why it is so hard to be honest with ourselves?
- Why are we always deluding ourselves?
- Are we afraid of learning the truth about ourselves?
Is it because internal transparency could threaten our ego foundation? Finding out some uncomfortable truth about ourselves could easily alter or even completely destroy who we imagine ourselves to be? And that’s scary. But at the same time knowing who you truly are, discovering your life purpose, and choosing your core values is the only way to reach your full potential, live a meaningful life, and fulfill your destiny.
So stop running away from who you really are and begin that long journey into yourself.
- Let go of who do you think you are to become your authentic self.
- Let go of what society wants you to be to become who you really are.
- Embrace your true beauty (internal and external).
- Live your truth and the impossible will be possible.
Habit 2: Seek Discomfort
Living within your comfort zone makes you a manager of your circumstances who desperately tries to maintain the status quo. Change is seen as something undesirable, highly dangerous, and detrimental because it could upset the order of the universe, your universe. Thus should be avoided at any cost.
The thing is, in such a world there’s no place for growth, spectacular accomplishments, and deepest connections. Everything is well-known, predictable, and rather monotonous. Not very encouraging, is it?
Great things don’t come from your comfort zone. They happen just outside of it. Furthermore, everything you’ve ever wanted, needed, or desired can be found outside your comfort zone. But you’ve got to take the first step.
Pushing your boundaries, challenging yourself, and making yourself uncomfortable is the only way to reach your goals and make your dreams come true. Because if you learn to get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable two things will happen:
1st: you will conquer your deepest fears that block your progress
2nd: you will unlock your full potential so much needed for achieving exceptional things.
So if you want to accelerate your growth and success, it’s time to move out of your comfort zone, seek discomfort and create the life you want to live. And here some, tips that can help you achieve all of that:
- think about all these things that you’ve always wanted to do but you were too afraid of even trying
- write everything down
- create your discomfort list (activities between comfort zone and panic zone)
- create an action plan to conquer your fears (one at a time)
- schedule and organize your so-called “discomfort challenges”
- challenge yourself and get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable
- track your progress
- celebrate both small achievements and big victories
Habit 3: Learn To Articulate Your Thoughts
- Dreaming about making a lasting impact in the world?
- Hoping to create a positive community impact?
- Trying to influence others in a positive way?
Well, first you need to learn to articulate your thoughts.
Your thoughts have the potential to make a difference, change the lives of others and help your community but only if you know how to present them in a clear and understandable way.
Being able to express your entire mind in a very clear, concise, and compelling way means living a life that builds a legacy. And isn’t it something we all want?
- practice speaking in a front of the mirror
- read, read and read more
- declutter your mind and organize your thoughts on paper aka keep journaling
Habit 4: Start Being Organised
“Nature abhors a vacuum”
This postulate attributed to Aristotle “expresses the idea that unfilled spaces go against the laws of nature and physics and that every space needs to be filled with something.” In other words, true empty space is not a reality and it cannot exist in the Universe at least not for a long time. Meaning if you don’t have a strong vision of what to do with an empty space, the Universe or other people will fill it with something. And the end result may turn out to be the opposite of our intentions.
To prevent that you need to organize your space, work, life, or even thoughts in your mind before someone or something else will do that for you. This is the only way to take back your power and regain control over your life.
Being organized means focusing on what you can control so that you can be more intentional with the time you have, work more effectively, and reach your goals faster and more easily.
- Organize Your Thoughts
- Organize Your Space
- Organize Your Work
- Organize Your Life
Habit 5: Start Building Your Future Wealth
Whether you will reach financial independence or not, depends only on the financial decisions you make, the money habits you practice every day, your financial knowledge, and your willingness to increase your financial literacy.
Finding time to expand your financial knowledge is crucial if you want to boost your financial health, develop smart money habits and start building long-lasting wealth especially in the tough economic times we’re experiencing right now.
To help you with that below you will find a Personal Financial Planner, free worksheets, and a list of absolutely BEST FINANCIAL RESOURCES that will improve your financial literacy and empower your financial future immediately.
Free Financial Health Worksheets
Financial Planner Kit
Best Resources On Personal Finance
- Personal Finance Books
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Rich Dad’s CASHFLOW Quadrant: Rich Dad’s Guide to Financial Freedom by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- The Richest Man in Babylon Paperback by George S. Clason
- The Bogleheads’ Guide to Investing by Mel Lindauer
- The intelligent investor by Brando Graham
- Think and Grow Rich: The Landmark Bestseller Now Revised and Updated for the 21st Century by Napoleon Hill
- Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money by Vicki Robin
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- The Total Money Makeover Workbook by Dave Ramsey
- The 4-Hour Work Week: Escape the 9-5, Live Anywhere and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss
- The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America’s Wealthy by Thomas J. Stanley
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich, Second Edition: No Guilt. No Excuses. No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works by Ramit Sethi
- The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey
- Start Your Own Corporation: Why the Rich Own Their Own Companies and Everyone Else Works for Them by Garrett Sutton
- Youtube Channels
- Bloomberg TV Markets and Finance
- MoneyTalks News
- GoldSilver (w/ Mike Maloney)
- Bigger Pockets
- The Financial Diet
- SeedTime Money
- Financial Times – Banking Weekly
- Morgan Stanley Ideas Podcast
- Bloomberg Masters in Business Podcast
- Bloomberg P&L
- Exchanges at Goldman Sachs
- Financial Times News Briefing
- Financial Modeling Podcast
- Motley Fool Money
- Blogs on Business & Personal Finance
- Financial Samurai
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich
- Business Insider
- Real-Time Economics
- The Consumerist
- Calculated Risk
- The Conscience of a Liberal
- Board games
Habit 6: Control Your Focus
Are you distracted from your real life by constantly scrolling social media, watching Netflix, or thinking about other people’s choices instead of focusing on yourself? Next question: what your life would be like if you paid more attention to yourself? And more importantly, what would you already achieved if you have stayed focused on your goals instead of wasting your time on useless activities?
You probably know where I’m going with this.
You become what you focus on. The things, people, or even situations you pay attention to influence your thoughts, feelings, and actions slowly but consistently becoming your reality even if they have nothing to do with you. Thus, if you want to achieve your goals 10x faster, live the life you want, and make your future self proud you need to redirect your focus up to you.
- create a list of things you CAN CONTROL and focus on them
- let go of the things you cannot control
- study the right type of content that helps you meet your goals
- unsubscribe and unfollow the people who don’t bring value into your life
Grab Your Free Procrastination Killer Workbook
Habit 7: Simplify Your Life
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Even though this famous quote from Albert Einstein was closely referred to the science, it works well in pretty much every sphere of life. Because by simplifying your tasks you avoid unnecessary actions, decision fatigue and complexity trap – the famous three behaviors that effectively block success and prevent you from living your best life.
By keeping things simple you avoid adding unnecessary work to your already jam-packed schedule and wasting your time on “mediocre” activities that do not move you closer to your long-term goals. As a result, you can focus on what’s truly important and what pays you the most.
Simplicity is the key to a successful life both professional and personal. You want to focus on taking action, not on planning on endless possibilities and overthinking unimportant details that are not really making any difference. Only by taking action, you can create results.
- prioritize your tasks using The Eisenhower Box
- simplify your actions using The Pareto Principle
- Use the Parkinson’s Law to manage your time and yourself
Simplify Your Life Free Worksheets
Habit 8: Positive Self-Talk
The way you speak to yourself truly matters. Because, first of all, you are listening. Second, you probably believe everything you tell yourself, especially the negative stuff. Because for some reason, the bad stuff is easier to believe.
And the third reason why your self-talk is extremely important is that you create your own reality with the power of your thoughts, words, and actions. Because you think in terms of how you feel and you act based on your current mental state. That’s why when you constantly telling yourself that you can achieve something you probably won’t. But if you reprogram your mind to be positive your chances for success will increase dramatically. And if things don’t go as planned you you’ll find a way through.
Positive self-talk is a powerful tool for increasing your self-confidence, hacking your happiness, improve your problem-solving skills, and motivating yourself to achieve your goals. So, if you’ve been talking to yourself in a nasty, unpleasant, and unfriendly way, now it’s time to change the tone of your inner dialogue.
- Make practicing positive self-talk your daily habit, pay attention to the tone of your inner dialogue and make sure to take 5 to 10 minutes every day to say out loud and write down positive affirmations.
Habit 9: Make Your Health Your Top Priority
Scrolling through social media profiles of fitness gurus can give you the idea that living a healthy lifestyle is about spending hours of training at the gym and eating a calorie-restricted diet. Well, that’s probably the biggest misconception about health and wellness that may be holding you back from improving your lifestyle.
Although good nutrition and a consistent workout routine have the potential to improve your health and wellbeing in a relatively short period of time, it doesn’t mean that you have to put your blood, sweat, and tears into your workouts or eat 100% clean diet. What you need instead is a healthy balance. Balance, not deprivation is the key to a long, healthy, and happy life.
To create that balance you need to focus on living a healthier lifestyle and learn to make easy-to-manage healthy choices. Start small but be consistent. Add whole food to your diet, avoid highly processed carbs, create a positive morning routine, get quality sleep on a regular schedule and keep your body moving. Get rid of habits you know are hurting you and start taking better care of yourself. And focus on:
- Healthy nutrition
- Physical activity
- Healthy routine
- Self-care practices
- De-stress and relaxation rituals
- Work-life balance
Healthy Lifestyle Free Worksheets
Healthy Habit Trackers Free Worksheets
Posts On Living Your Best Life:
- How To Upgrade Your Life For Maximum Results & Happiness
- How To Figure Out What You Want In Life: 12 Simple Exercises
- Discover 10 simple ways to train your self-discipline muscle
- Use best time management apps to keep you on schedule at work
- Organize your day around your goals
- Use the Eisenhower Box to identify your top priorities and avoid the urgency trap
- Create and maintain a powerful morning routine
- Develop morning rituals to make your motivation flow effortlessly
- Create motivation through action
- Start before you are ready
- Improve your decision-making process
- Overcome your self-limiting beliefs that block your progress
- Balance productivity and happiness
- Cultivate self-care routine
- The 3 x 8 rule for Perfectly Balanced Day & Life
- Create rituals to induce a flow state
and make your future self proud af!