Table of Contents
Healthy & Affordable Lifestyle Must-Haves
As you already know this month we are focusing on making financial health pivots, embracing the frugal lifestyle and getting into a habit of saving more money. So if you thought that after a series of posts about being intentional with money we are getting out of the money-saving mindset, that’s not the case. This post about the top must-haves for living a healthy and balanced life fits perfectly into the theme of our February series because living a frugal life and being financially stable does not mean giving up everything you love but practicing money consciousness. Because whether you’re starting a new diet or you’re trying to improve your financial situation it’s all about moderation, not deprivation. You cannot deprive yourself of everything you love because it will make you utterly unhappy and unsatisfied with your life. And that’s a prescription for a negative future… so let’s avoid that! Prioritizing your life and changing focus to quality over quantity seems to be a much better option. So without any further ado let’s get into today’s topic. Here are my top 10 (categories) must-haves for a healthy and balanced life.
You Might Also Like
MUST-HAVES for Healthy and Happy Life - 10 Categories
1. Productivity Boost
If you are like me your main life goal is to be super productive and get a lot of done without sacrificing wellness and relaxation. Because what’s more satisfying than crossing a completed task off your to-do list in a stress-free manner, right? However, increasing your productivity doesn’t mean you have to give up your free time and make your work your #1 priority in life because that wouldn’t be balanced at all. What being ultra-productive really means is to manage your time wisely so the days don’t slip away. So whether you’re working on an important project or you’re just relaxing with an interesting book in hand try to make the most of these precious moments. Remember that “Time is a currency you can only spend once, so be careful how you spend it.” So if you want to boost your productivity levels and eliminate all the time-wasters try these apps:
- FocusList iOS / Android – productivity app that helps you get more DEEP work done
- Y Productive here
- TickTick: ToDo List Planner, Reminder & Calendar (Android / iOS)
- Habitify here
- HabitShare here
- Coach.me here
- Way of Life (Android / iOS)
- Moment Screen Time Tracker here – use your phone in a healthy way
- Hours – Time Tracking App Online here
- Google Drive (My Absolutely Favourite!)
You Might Also Like
Become Highly Productive With The Ultimate Productivity Bundle
Get 14 eCourses, 5 eBooks, 26 printable packs & workbooks, and 1 summit for ONLY $49.97!
2. Get Your Life Together Apps
If you’re wondering what people who “Have It All Together” have in common the answer is simple: they use apps. Because let’s face it we live in a hectic world where balancing a busy schedule and making time for your hobbies slowly but consistently becomes quite a challenge. But before you decide to put your work as your first and last priority try these apps and tools to organize your daily life and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
- Sleep Cycle here – track your spending
- My Fitness Pal iOS / Android – track your diet and exercise
- Qapital here – Banking designed with your goals in mind
- Wally here – professional expense report app
- Mint here – saving and budgeting app
- Digit here – saving app
- Bill Watch here – managing, organizing and reminding bills payment app
- Fabulous daily Motivation (Android / iOS
- Happify: for Stress & Worry (iOS and Android)
- Headspace (Android; iOS)
- Breathe2Relax (Android; iOS)
- Anxiety Reliever (Android; iOS)
You Might Also Like
3. Inspirational Books
Never stop educating yourself. Keep reading. Reading inspirational content is an investment in personal growth, self-improvement, and self-education. And correct me if I am wrong but, investing in self-education it’s the best investment you can make because your whole future depends on it. We tend to think that there will be plenty of time for that but the time is now. If you want to succeed you need to invest in your self-development and personal growth right now. The power of the mind is limitless and if you think otherwise, then you’re must be setting your own limitations in our mind. It’s your low self-esteem and lack of confidence that make you believe in this bulls*t. The truth is that you’re worth more than you think and your experience is far richer than you can ever imagine. You’re definitely capable of so much more than you even realize. BUT to be able to reach your full potential you need to invest in your personal growth and self-development otherwise you will be wasting your time and energy doing the wrong things. It’s time to evict your self-limiting beliefs from your mind and commit to conscious growth. Put all your mental performance into something productive, creative and inspiring. Use your concentration to explore your personal growth. Cultivate the growth mindset and train your brain to get smarter every day!
- The Art of Happiness by Dalai Lama Amazon US / Amazon UK
- The Happiness Equation: Want Nothing + Do Anything=Have Everything by Neil Pasricha Amazon US / Amazon UK
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Atomic Habits: The life-changing million-copy bestseller by James Clear AMAZON US / AMAZON UK
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone AMAZON US / AMAZON UK
- How to Be Yourself: Quiet Your Inner Critic and Rise Above Social Anxiety by Ellen Hendriksen AMAZON US / AMAZON UK
- Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins AMAZON US / AMAZON UK
4. Superfoods & Healthy Snacks To Boost A Healthy Diet
Some people claim that superfoods are a myth and the term itself was invented for marketing purposes only. Others who have already incorporated various superfoods into their diet swear by the health benefits of this type of food. Regardless of why this term was introduced into mainstream language, there is no doubt that the nutritional value of food and the impact of its constituents on your body vary with each food product. That’s why it is so important to read the Nutrition Facts label before you buy a certain product. If you are like me and you don’t want to spend an entire day in a grocery shop reading and analyzing all the ingredients in every single product you want to buy you can easily simplify this process with clean eating shopping apps or with Amazon Subscribe and Save. Learn more about it here or here
Healthy & Delicious Snacks You Will Want To Try
- ParmCrisps KETO snacks (Absolutely Delicious!) Amazon US / here
- Wilde Chicken Crisps Amazon US / here
- Quest Healthy Keto-Friendly Snacks Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Bake City Healthy Snacks & Keto Cookies here
- Umcka Cold & Flu Tabs Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Colloidal Silver Herbal Salve
- Minced Ginger (you can add it to your bone broth!) Amazon US / Amazon UK
Let's Not Forget About Amazon Subscribe And Save!
Ok, let’s talk about maximizing your savings on everyday essentials. Did you know that with Amazon Subscribe & Save you can save up to 15% on your regular purchases and get it delivered to your house on your schedule? How amazing is that?! It’s the easiest, fastest and most convenient way to buy your regular purchases. And of course, shipping is FREE. Let me tell you something. Once you’ve tried it you will never go back. And least, it’s how I see it. But if you change your mind you can cancel your subscription at any time. Honestly, I love this program. I’ve never saved more money and time buying my everyday essentials than I do it with Amazons Subscribe & Save. Learn more about it here or here.
Clean Eating & Shopping Apps
- Fooducate – eat better – Nutrition & Diet Tracker iOS / Android
- Shopwell here – your pocket-sized nutritionist and grocery food scanner
- True Food Kitchen – clean eating app here
- Nutrifix – Find Healthy Food here
- Meal IQ – “Intelligent Meal Planning & Shopping” here
- SideChef: Recipes+Meal Planner – healthy eating habits app iOS / Android
5. Skin Care Products For Glowing Skin
After a hectic day, there’s nothing like a long, de-stressing, deliciously scented bath. And if you add relaxing bath salts and beautifully scrumptious face mask you will create an incredible self-care experience in the privacy of your own home. Doesn’t it sound amazing? I’m telling you since I’ve turned my bathroom into a fancy spa I’m a happier and healthier human being! So if you thought that you need an expensive spa & wellness membership to upgrade your self -care routine that’s not true! You can easily create a luxury spa experience at your home without spending large sums of money. All you need is a couple of natural, non-toxic and affordable skincare products to your bathroom cupboard. Actually you can fill your kitchen pantry with these products because most of them are edible! How crazy is that?! So forget about overly priced spa & wellness membership! Instead, turn your bathroom into a fancy spa and create a perfectly relaxing wellness experience! Need some ideas? Here are my top 10 natural personal care products I use for my self-care routine.
Natural Skin Care Products You Might Like
Struggling to create a daily self-care routine? Grab your free printable Self-Care Workbook and free worksheets and start your self-care journey right now!
You Might Also Like
How To Create A Simple Self-Care Routine That Will Make You Thrive + Free Printables & Checklists!
Natural and Non-Toxic Personal Care Products To Indulge Yourself With For The Ultimate Self-Care Ritual.
7 Steps to Detox Your Mental Wellbeing. – Cleanse Your Mind for a More Positive Life
Everything Starts In Your Head – 12 Healthy Rules For a Strong Mental Health.
6. Home Decor For Frugal People
I’m definitely not a person who spends a lot of money on home decor. In my opinion, minimalism—the art of decorating with less—works well regardless of square footage. Too much stuff creates clutter, confusion, and chaos. While the style of minimalism creates a peaceful, clutter-free and spacious home when you can relax and recharge your batteries after a busy day at work. However, I have to admit that there are some home decor items & accessories I can’t live without. Ok, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit. Of course, I could live without these couple of things but they’re making my home welcoming, cozy and just beautiful. And here there are:
Minimalist Home Decor
- Artifact Uprising – personalized photo books, calendars, prints, cards, gifts and many more here
- Himalayan Salt Lamp (Absolutely MUST-HAVE!!) Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Natural Candles Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Marble Contact Paper Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Door Shoe Organizer Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Hands Sculpture Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Faux Leather Pillow Amazon US / Amazon UK
7. Favorite "Me Time" Activities
Spending quality free time, “me time” or time alone on purpose, you name it, it’s a great way to improve your self-relationship, increase self-love and nourish your inner child. That’s why it is crucial to make more space in your daily schedule for your hobbies and other fun activities you love and you’re excited to do. So take at least 5 self-loving activities and incorporate them into your daily routine. It can be watching your favorite Netflix series, listen to an inspiring podcast, going for a 15-minute walk, watching motivational Ted Talks while stretching (I guess multitasking is possible), cooking a delicious meal, writing a journal, engaging in creative work, doing a guided meditation or even quick deep breathing exercises. It can be anything but it has to be something you love doing. Something that makes you genuinely happy. Something that will strengthen your relationship with yourself and improve your overall life. So stop hiding behind your busy schedule, find activities that you like and make time for doing them. If you need some inspiration, here are my favorite “me time” activities:
- RadioPublic iOS / Android
- Pocket Casts iOS / Android
- Podbean iOS / Android
- Spotify iOS / Android
- Overcast iOS
- Castro 3 iOS
8. Best Supplements For A Stronger Immunity
Ok, I’m all about getting the vitamins and minerals through a healthy and balanced diet but unfortunately, with some vitamins like B12, D3 or Omega 3, it’s almost impossible to get enough amount from food products no matter how healthy and organic you eat. That’s why I take dietary supplements to be sure to get enough vitamins and minerals that are crucial for maintaining a strong immune system. If you’re interested here are my absolutely favorite high-quality supplements.
Top 5 Supplements for Stronger Immune System
9. Kitchen Essentials for Food Prep & Efficiency
Preparing your meals and snacks at home is one thing but taking them with you at work, to school, on a trip or in your car when you have some errands to run is a completely different experience. But still a GREAT one! Not to mention that meal prep can be easy, quick and fun. It all depends on how you approach this. I used to think that cooking at home is extremely difficult, time-consuming and not cost-effective, until one day I decided to make an effort and start preparing my meals and snacks at home. And let me tell you something, that was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. I’ve brought out my inner chef and DIY-ed some quite delicious dishes! To think that I used to hate cooking… now it’s one of my favorite “me time” activities. If you are interested in bringing out your inner chef and learn to meal prep like a pro here are my absolutely favorite kitchen essentials that made my whole cooking experience much easier, more delicious and fun!
Meal Prep Like a Pro
- Lunch Box Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Lunch Bag Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Travel Coffee Mug Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Glass Water Bottle Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Stainless Steel Thermos Cup Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Bamboo Cutlery Set Amazon US / Amazon UK
- 100% Natural, Hand Made, Vegan, Eco-Friendly Coconut Bowls and Spoons Amazon US / Amazon UK
- 100% Natural, Eco-Friendly Bamboo Drinking Straws Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Stainless Steel Drinking Straws Reusable Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Eco-Friendly Bamboo Lunch Box Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Eco-Friendly Reusable Bamboo Cutlery Set Amazon US / Amazon UK
10. Best Fitness Accessories
Have you ever noticed how good and energetic even a little physical activity makes you feel? It’s because during exercise our body releases endorphins and increases dopamine and serotonin levels. This magic trio made up of your natural happy chemicals is all you need to activate your happiness mode. Furthermore, regular workouts boost your energy levels, reduces stress, increases self-esteem and keep you fit (not to be confused with “being skinny). Need I say more? So stop looking for excuses! You don’t need an expensive gym membership to stay in shape! With these products you can to a full-body workout at home! It’s time to move your b*tt and release those happy hormones!
- Fitness Smart Watch Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Fitness Resistance Bands Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Resistance Bands AMAZON US / AMAZON UK
- Yoga Mat Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Roller for Deep Tissue Muscle Massage Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Water Bottle Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Skipping Rope Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Dumbbells Amazon US / Amazon UK
- Exercise Ball Amazon US /Amazon UK
- Gym Bag Amazon US / Amazon UK
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
and try these MUST-HAVES for healthier and Happier Life!
2 thoughts on “My Top 10 Must-Haves for Living a Healthy and Balanced Lifestyle”
Another epic round-up! I love finding out new product suggestions, especially the apps as there a few I’d thought of before but never tried, plus plenty I hadn’t come across before. I’m glad The Art of Happiness got a mention, the Dalai Lama’s way of seeing the world and living has so many insights we could all benefit from, and it’s a well written book too. It’s one I’ll probably keep forever, just to flick back through from time to time. I love your minimalist home decor number 8 – Ikea (enough said!) 😂 I’ve only been once but it was amaaaaaazing. I ended up buying a huge desk set (a required purchase) plus plenty I didn’t need (candles, organiser tubs etc). It’s a day out in itself mooching around Ikea.
Great suggestions, Kate!
CAZ!! Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it!!! “The Art of Happiness” is a masterpiece. This book (along with other Dalai Lama’s books) not only gave me a different perspective on life but also it helped me cope with depression. I would recommend it to anyone! I hope you’re doing well. Wish you a wonderful and peaceful week. 😀😀