Table of Contents
Finding Peace in the Midst of Chaos
Given the chaos of the moment, it is a real challenge for everyone I know to stay focus on what really matters. Because watching the news and listening to journalists that spread panic like fuel on a fire, seems much more engaging but at the same time, it’s completely unproductive. It’s easy to focus on what’s wrong. But when you press through and focus on the things you can control you’re not worried anymore about the things you can’t.
This may come as a surprise to you but one of those things that you can control is the level of your stress. Of course, I am not saying that you should not be worried or scared because honestly, I don’t think it would be possible. We’re all stressed, anxious and worried to some extent and it’s completely normal given our current circumstances. But there are some things you can do on a daily basis to manage your stress and focus on what you can control. And here they are:
- Focusing on self-improvement
- Restoring balance in your life
- Increasing your physical activity
- Creating positive mourning rituals to start your days the right way
- Focus on mental wellbeing
- Practice self-care
1. Focus On Self-Improvement
Today’s society places a lot of emphasis on formal education, which, in and of itself, is a great thing. No one is questioning that. At the same time, however, we should not forget about self-education and self-improvement. Because while earning a degree will certainly advance your career, it will not help you to become a better, healthier and happier person. Formal education is strictly limited to the specific knowledge, skills and abilities needed for a specific job. There’s no place for an individual approach, non-conventional methods, unrestrained creativity and curiosity. In real life, there is no such thing as “One Size Fits All”. Everyone is different and unique.
We all have a different personality and character traits, interests, skills, values. But there’s at least one thing we all have in common: a desire to improve the quality of our lives. That’s why when we acquire new skills, learn new abilities or replace bad habits with good ones we are so proud of ourselves. It’s because we are meant for constant self-improvement. Self-improvement and personal growth make us happy, fulfilled and more satisfied with our lives. Not to mention that the process of becoming a better person helps tremendously with increasing self-awareness and creating a stronger relationship with oneself. I can see only advantages!
So if you want to live a more successful, meaningful and positive life you should focus on self-improvement and personal development. Think about the areas of your life you want to improve, set your self-improvement goals and carry your plan into effect! If you need some help or inspiration here are my self-improvement goals for the upcoming weeks!
- Improving eating habits – eat to fuel, sculpt and nourish your body
- Living a more active lifestyle
- Developing new skills for success
- Focusing on emotional wellbeing
- Improving your spiritual health
- Practising gratitude
2. Balance Your Life
Unlike what most people think there is no such thing as a permanent life balance. So if you’re ultimate goal is to achieve a perfect and perpetual balance you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Because life is pretty much a constant balancing act.
Life by its very nature is complex, unpredictable, uncertain and full of surprises. Sometimes you may feel like you have learnt all the principles and rules of life and nothing absolutely nothing can surprise you anymore but then something completely unexpected happens. Isn’t that a bad thing? No, not at all. Rather opposite, the most beautiful things happen when you least expect it to greatly improve your happiness. Because if we were prepared our journey wouldn’t be that beautiful.
Life is an experiment and you are the alchemist. You are in control. You can always choose what to do, what to say and how to behave. You have the power to create your reality, your opportunities and your future. But to be able to use this power you need to be proactive and not reactive. So you want to be happy? Start creating your happiness! Do you want to be healthy? Make your health your number 1 priority! Do you want to be successful? Well, it’s time to adopt the mindset of a successful person! Yes, it’s that simple. And if you want to live a more balanced life you have to be more proactive and keep moving forward. Because “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” So take responsibility for your own experience, embrace what life wants to teach you and start pursuing meaning instead of happiness. Happiness will come along.
Tips For Balancing Your Life
- Be more proactive and less reactive
- Create a solid work-life balance
- Pursue life satisfaction, not happiness
3. Get Active
It is scientifically proven that physical activity stimulates the release of dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin and endorphins. These chemicals, also known as “happy hormones” are directly responsible for your mood. That’s why even low impact and relatively short physical activity has the power to drastically improve your mood and boost your energy levels. Whereas if you lead a sedentary lifestyle constantly looking for excuses not to work out or even move your body a little bit you can be sure that the level of your happy hormones will be extremely low. If there is one recipe for unhappiness it is that: sedentary lifestyle. So why risk so much?
Working out is one of the best ways to get rid of all the accumulated negativity that occupies your mind, body, and spirit. Even a simple 15 min workout can help to clear your mind, relieve stress and set a positive mindset for the rest of the day. So instead of making endless excuses for not working out, create your home workout routine that it’s fun, exciting and easy to follow. Increase your daily physical activity and boost your happy hormones naturally!
4. Create Positive Morning Rituals
The way you start your morning determines the tone for the rest of the day. So if the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is reading the news with terrible and depressing headlines you should probably avoid that unless you want to feel depressed, anxious and just awful throughout the day. Instead, you should create powerful, positive and healthy morning rituals that will help you to start your day off right even in these less-than-perfect circumstances.
Start your day with a powerful highly-personalized and positive morning ritual. It can be one habit or sequence of habits that reinforce each other you practice right after waking up to start your day in a positive way. It can be anything from making a delicious cup of coffee to going for a morning run. But it has to be something that inspires you, motivates you and makes you feel good about yourself.
Positive Morning Rituals Ideas
- Make yourself the perfect cup of coffee or tea
- Achieve peace of mind through meditation, prayer or journaling
- Set 3 intentions for the day
- Perform the 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise
- Practice positive self-talk looking in the mirror
- Write gratitude notes and put them in your Gratitude jar
- Practice morning yoga stretch to wake up & stretch out for your best day ever
- Get active and boost your endorphins naturally
- Go for a morning walk and connect with nature
- Read self-improvement book
- Listen to an inspirational podcast or watch motivational TED talks
- Listen to Uplifting Music for positive energy and stress relief
Grab Your Free Printable Workbooks
5. Focus On Your Mental Wellbeing
With the COVID-19 outbreak now a pandemic, the world has become extremely chaotic. We are all experiencing something that has never happened before in human history. Countries are imposing coronavirus lockdowns, hospitals are nearly overwhelmed, schools and “non-essential” businesses are closed, people work from home, kids spend their vacation indoors (or within their place of residence) and we are all trying to make sense of this unprecedented situation.
Some people panic and compete in inventing various worst-case, others live in complete denial acting as nothing happened. And then there are those who accept the situation as it is, faces the fear of unknown and challenge themselves to perform better under stress. Regardless of which of these two groups you belong, you should not forget to take care of your mental health. In such difficult times, it is easy to focus only on negative things and obsess over worst-case scenarios when if we all know that it will not help us in any way. A much better (and healthier) solution would be to overcome your brain’s fixation on bad things, stop (or reduce) watching TV, rewire your brain with positive thinking and boost your mental wellbeing. To help you with that here are 10 ways to boost your mental health:
10 Ways To Boost Your Mental Wellbeing
6. Practice Self-Care
Most people think that practising self-care is limited to skincare, which is not the case. Taking care of your skin is only a small part of the self-care routine. Self-care is about developing healthy and positive habits that will improve the quality of your life. So we’re talking here about those activities that not only boost your health and wellbeing but also make you feel good about yourself. Of course, activities such as taking a bubble bath or getting a face mask are also included but it’s not just that. However, a healthy, positive and powerful self-care routine should address 8 areas of your life which are:
For me, it’s always the same thing – a good cup of bulletproof coffee or spicy chocolate (depending on the time of day). This extremely easy activity does wonders for my mood every single time I feel low. I know, it almost seems too easy but the easiest self-care ritual, the better.
When life gets overwhelming you need something as easiest as possible to soothe anxiety and boost your mood. So think about these simple life’s pleasures you genuinely love doing, choose those you can do at any time and anywhere and make your powerful self-care rituals out of them! Start building your happiness skills and go after the life you want!
Best Self-Care Ideas
Best Posts On Self-Care
- How To Make An Epic Self-Care Kit For Strong Mental Health + Freebies!
- How To Create A Simple Self-Care Routine That Will Make You Thrive + Free Printables & Checklists!
- Natural and Non-Toxic Personal Care Products To Indulge Yourself With For The Ultimate Self-Care Ritual.
- 7 Steps to Detox Your Mental Wellbeing. – Cleanse Your Mind for a More Positive Life
- Everything Starts In Your Head – 12 Healthy Rules For a Strong Mental Health.
- Wellness Weekend Challenge: 10 Ways To Reset, Relax And Reboot.
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Maximize Your Productivity: 6-Step Method To Get More Things Done In Less Time. HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
Manage your stress and anxiety levels!