2020: The Year of Awakening to...
A lot can be said about 2020 except that it doesn’t teach us some important things about life, society and ourselves. I am by nature a curious individual so I couldn’t resist asking pretty much everyone I know what are the most valuable life lessons they have learned during the last couple of months and this is what they told me:
2020: 50 Important Life Lessons
- Difficult times show us the real face of life and the real face of people.
- Self-care is a priority, not a privilege.
- Freedom is not free and it should never be taken for granted.
- Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance can be deceiving.
- Life spares no one.
- Time is a limited resource, don’t waste it for people and things that don’t add value to your life.
- Be intentional with everything you do. Your future depends on it.
- Have always something to look forward to.
- We only have the present moment. The past is only a memory and the future is just a wish.
- Accept your pain and it will hurt less.
- Happiness is self-created. “Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.”
- We feel in terms of how we’re thinking. We act based on our thoughts.
- Decide not to decide is also a decision. You are choosing your life moment by moment. Don’t forget about that.
- Attention is our new currency.
- Protect your energy, it’s a limited resource.
- Being assertive can save your ass.
- Sometimes people don’t want to be saved.
- “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
- “There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe and it has a longer shelf life”.
- You don’t need to be productive all the time, taking some time for yourself is not selfish or lazy.
- Punching a pillow is an effective anger management tool. You should try it!
- Listen to your gut instinct, it will never lie to you.
- Only you know what’s best for you. Trust yourself.
- Nothing stays still. Change is inevitable.
- Alone does not mean lonely. Learn to enjoy your own company.
- Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Don’t be judgemental. Be kind.
- Setting smart goals is great but being able to pivot these goals is even better! Be flexible!
- Mindfulness is a superpower. You can get it right now!
- Sometimes silence is the best response. You don’t have to have the last word.
- Financial health is important, financial knowledge can save your ass. The money you save today will save you tomorrow.
- Your knowledge is your most valuable asset. Investing in your knowledge is the best investment you can make because your whole future depends on it.
- Respond not react. Emotional intelligence is the key to making better life decisions.
- Everything you do it because you choose it. Your choices decide your fate.
- Don’t take anything for granted. Be grateful for what you have already.
- Don’t expect anything, appreciate everything. You never know what is going to happen next.
- Don’t hesitate when you should act.
- It’s better to regret something that you did that the things you didn’t do.
- Forgiveness is for yourself, not the other person.
- Failure is inevitable for success. “The only people who never fail are those who never try.”
- For every action, there’s an equal reaction. Take responsibility for your every decision, take intentional action and you will create spectacular outcomes.
- Actions speak louder than words. Stop talking and start doing.
- You are in control of your mind, time and destiny, you just need to realize that.
- We are capable of much more things than we thought.
- Fear can kill you but only if you surrender to it.
- Choose your battles wisely.
- Control your anxiety before it controls you.
- Never leave the house angry. Tell the people you love that you love them and care about them MORE often.
- Release resentment and you will feel happier.
- Ramp up your resilience!
- Staying focused on your purpose in the midst of adversity. Organize your life around your goals and top priorities.
Grab Your Free Printable Workbook
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Maximize Your Productivity: 6-Step Method To Get More Things Done In Less Time. HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
Extend your knowledge
10 thoughts on “What 2020 Has Taught Me So Far: 50 Life Lessons.”
50 lessons is so wow Kate 😊🤗
I’m glad you like it!! It’s time to realize that “We’re all in control of our destinies; fortune has nothing to do with the trajectory of our lives.”!! Take care, stay safe and have a wonderful day!! 😊🤗
21a. If you do punch a pillow, be careful about what you say and how loud you say it, because your neighbors might call the police. I know from experience…
Haha, I love that!! 😂😀 You’ve made my day!! Thank you! Take care and have a wonderful Sunday!!
So many beautiful truths in there, Kate, thank you!
The ones I can truly related to are self-care is a priority, mindfulness and stay focused on top priorities.
Without self-care, 2020 would have been truly hard on my mental health since I’m working from home and not seeing much friends and family.
For mindfulness, I’ve started to practice meditation more seriously this year and it helped a lot with anxieties and not taking things too seriously. I’ve found that even 10 minutes per day is enough to feel the benefits of it.
Finally, for staying focused on top priorities, I’ve started using Trello (a productivity and organization tool) and I think I’ve been so more effective since then.
Hi Maxime! Thank You for your kind words! Actually, I’ve been feeling flat today and I have to admit that your comment made me feel a LOT better! THANK you, for that! I’m so glad to hear that practising mindfulness helps you with anxiety. I can totally relate to that! I hope you’re doing well. Take care and have a wonderful week!! 😀😉
Oh.. Really great share..! You have shared such an important lessons here. These are really helpful and motivational life lessons for living better and simplify our life. I enjoyed to read your thoughts and glad to reach you. I really appreciate your quality work and efforts you have put into this article. I hope to hear more interesting topics from you. Keep sharing.
Hi Emma! Thank you for your kind words, I really do appreciate it! I’m doing my best to provide high-quality, interesting, and useful content. I hope you’re doing well. Stay safe and have a wonderful week! 😃😉