2020: The Year of Awakening to...
A lot can be said about 2020 except that it doesn’t teach us some important things about life, society and ourselves. I am by nature a curious individual so I couldn’t resist asking pretty much everyone I know what are the most valuable life lessons they have learned during the last couple of months and this is what they told me:
2020: 50 Important Life Lessons
- Difficult times show us the real face of life and the real face of people.
- Self-care is a priority, not a privilege.
- Freedom is not free and it should never be taken for granted.
- Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance can be deceiving.
- Life spares no one.
- Time is a limited resource, don’t waste it for people and things that don’t add value to your life.
- Be intentional with everything you do. Your future depends on it.
- Have always something to look forward to.
- We only have the present moment. The past is only a memory and the future is just a wish.
- Accept your pain and it will hurt less.
- Happiness is self-created. “Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.”
- We feel in terms of how we’re thinking. We act based on our thoughts.
- Decide not to decide is also a decision. You are choosing your life moment by moment. Don’t forget about that.
- Attention is our new currency.
- Protect your energy, it’s a limited resource.
- Being assertive can save your ass.
- Sometimes people don’t want to be saved.
- “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”
- “There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe and it has a longer shelf life”.
- You don’t need to be productive all the time, taking some time for yourself is not selfish or lazy.
- Punching a pillow is an effective anger management tool. You should try it!
- Listen to your gut instinct, it will never lie to you.
- Only you know what’s best for you. Trust yourself.
- Nothing stays still. Change is inevitable.
- Alone does not mean lonely. Learn to enjoy your own company.
- Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Don’t be judgemental. Be kind.
- Setting smart goals is great but being able to pivot these goals is even better! Be flexible!
- Mindfulness is a superpower. You can get it right now!
- Sometimes silence is the best response. You don’t have to have the last word.
- Financial health is important, financial knowledge can save your ass. The money you save today will save you tomorrow.
- Your knowledge is your most valuable asset. Investing in your knowledge is the best investment you can make because your whole future depends on it.
- Respond not react. Emotional intelligence is the key to making better life decisions.
- Everything you do it because you choose it. Your choices decide your fate.
- Don’t take anything for granted. Be grateful for what you have already.
- Don’t expect anything, appreciate everything. You never know what is going to happen next.
- Don’t hesitate when you should act.
- It’s better to regret something that you did that the things you didn’t do.
- Forgiveness is for yourself, not the other person.
- Failure is inevitable for success. “The only people who never fail are those who never try.”
- For every action, there’s an equal reaction. Take responsibility for your every decision, take intentional action and you will create spectacular outcomes.
- Actions speak louder than words. Stop talking and start doing.
- You are in control of your mind, time and destiny, you just need to realize that.
- We are capable of much more things than we thought.
- Fear can kill you but only if you surrender to it.
- Choose your battles wisely.
- Control your anxiety before it controls you.
- Never leave the house angry. Tell the people you love that you love them and care about them MORE often.
- Release resentment and you will feel happier.
- Ramp up your resilience!
- Staying focused on your purpose in the midst of adversity. Organize your life around your goals and top priorities.
Grab Your Free Printable Workbook
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Maximize Your Productivity: 6-Step Method To Get More Things Done In Less Time. HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
Extend your knowledge