Table of Contents
The Key To Overcoming Sunday Night Blues
There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Mondays because new week means new opportunities to create the life they want to live, and those who hate Mondays and suffer from chronic Sunday night blues.
I used to belong to the first group until I learned the secret of turning Sunday night blues into Monday excitement. And it’s actually easier than you think! Because the secret to overcoming Sunday night blues is to plan, schedule and organize the week that you actually want to have!
How simple is that, right?!
You can schedule your professional and personal responsibilities in such a way as to maximize your productivity without sacrificing your personal life. Furthermore, you can create an exciting action plan so that you feel more accomplished and proud of yourself at the end of each workday. And to help you with that here is my formula for creating an insanely productive, balanced and delightful week (not weekend BUT week)!!
PS. Get Your FREE Worksheets and other FREEBIES that you will find below!
1 Step: Plan In Advance
The secret to organizing a productive and balanced week is to plan everything in advance. This simple strategy will give you comfort, peace of mind and a sense that you’re focusing on the right things instead of falling into the trap of urgency, or even worse, the trap of procrastination. And that’s what we all want to avoid.
Success is determined by your daily agenda. So instead of waiting for things to happen, take a pro-active approach and plan out your work week, day by day, in advance. Take some time on Friday evening or Saturday morning to make an effective schedule for the upcoming week. Write down everything you need to accomplish in a new document (Google calendar, Outlook) on your phone or on your computer. Prioritize your tasks and set deadlines for any of them. But don’t overschedule. Be rational and always negotiate with yourself. Do not be your own tyrant. Design your ideal week and set yourself for success.
Posts You Might Like
This workbook (53 pages) is designed to help you maximize your productivity and increase your effectiveness without sacrificing your life balance.
Whether you work from home during the Coronavirus Pandemic or thinking about starting a side hustle, this workbook can help you build a more thoughtful work-from-home strategy, bring structure to your workday and create a healthy work-life balance.
- Tips for Working from Home Effectively
- Tips To Stay Organized & Motivated
- Work from Home Motto
- Tools for designing your own schedule, rock your to-do list and create an ideal daily routine
- Time Management Tips (The Eisenhower Box, The Pareto Principle worksheets included)
- Yearly, Monthly & Weekly Goal Setting (+ Goal Progress Index)
- Yearly, Monthly, Weekly Planner
- Daily Plan & Schedule
- Monthly & Weekly Organizer
- Time blocking method schedule
- Daily Routines for Successful Entrepreneurs
- Work Task Checklists
- Powerful Work-Breaks Planner & Checklist
- Yearly, Monthly, Weekly Project Planner
- Creative Worksheets
- Password Keeper
- Healthy Meal Planner
- Flow State & Mindful Motivation Checklist
- Professional Skills Development Tracker
- Healthy Habit Trackers
- Small Business Owners
- People currently working from home due to Coronavirus
- Work from home Moms & Dads
- Direct Sales & Network Marketing
- Online Shops
- & more!
2 Step: Cut Out The Complexity Of Your Work
The next extremely important thing to do when planning a productive week is to simplify and prioritize tasks, projects and activities that you need to get done. Otherwise, you may end up with a jam-packed schedule that instead of increase your productivity and effectiveness will only create too much complexity, confusion and stress. Not to mention that having too much on your plate can easily lead to hesitation that, as we all know real dream killer.
To avoid the hesitation trap you need to develop a strategy to get started. And we all know that getting started is much easier when you cut out the complexity of your work. Simplicity is the key too success.
When it comes to simplifying and prioritizing tasks, there is only one with strategy and it’s called – The Eisenhower Box. Of course, there are some other methods that are pretty effective, but I personally think that a visual method designed by President Eisenhower is one of the easiest and most effective ways to simplify and prioritize your to-do list.
The Eisenhower Box consists in 4 quadrants:
- DO – urgent and important tasks that need to be done immediately (ex. crisis management, pressing deadlines, urgent problems)
- DECIDE – important but not urgent tasks that aren’t your top priorities (crises, emergencies, hard deadlines) but you should schedule them to ensure that progress is being made (ex. strategic planning, organizing, investing in yourself, prevention, personal development, strengthening your personal relationships, new opportunities)
- DELEGATE – urgent but not important tasks that need to be done but they can be done by someone else (ex. responding to some emails, meal prep)
- DELETE – not urgent and not important tasks that don’t add value to your life (time-wasters, distractions, unnecessary decisions, non-critical choices)
3 Step: Set Weekly Goals
Next thing to do when planning and organizing a successful week is to set your weekly goals. However, I don’t recommend you set new goals that would be completely unrelated to your bigger objectives. Because that would create confusion.
What you want to do instead is to translate your yearly goals into quarterly, monthly and weekly goals and tasks that would be easier to achieve. In other words, you want to break your long-term projects into small manageable action items.
When setting your weekly goals look at the big picture, think about your major, long-term goals and break them down into small achievable steps. Then schedule each of these steps into your weekly agenda so that you know what to focus on. This simple strategy will help ensure you work steadily and consistently to get closer to your success.
4 Step: Set Daily Priorities
The next thing to do when planning a successful week is to set your daily priorities, your daily Most Important Tasks (MITs) that will keep your key (long-term) goals on track. These key tasks are your must-dos that need to be accomplished by the end of a particular day.
The MITs are specific tasks that include work responsibilities, daily requirements, or other urgent tasks that require your immediate action. They need to be clearly defined, structured, specific, and most importantly finished by the end of the day.
When setting your daily priorities focus on choosing 3 to 5 daily activities that lead to your key goal or goals so that you know you’re focusing on the right things and you’re moving toward your main goals.
5 Step: Use Time Blocking
Time-blocking or calendar-blocking is an effective technique where you define specific time blocks for particular tasks, activities or events. Each block is dedicated to accomplishing a specific task so that you know what to focus on and how much time do you have to get this thing done.
This simple technique will help you build momentum and develop laser-like focus so much needed to get more things done in less time. Not to mention that you will not have time for procrastination unless you block time for it!
We live in a world full of distractions where one lapse in concentration can create a “snowball effect” where if you don’t block time for your key tasks, I can guarantee you that you will find millions of things to do instead. Potential alternatives to your top priorities will pop up out of nowhere like crazy making you think that every task is equally important. To avoid that you need to get in control of your time and attention and time-blocking will help you to do that.
- Get out tasks of your head into your notebook
- Add all your tasks to your prioritized to-do list
- Decide on specific time slots in your calendar and reserve them for the tasks (you can also schedule your breaks to boost your productivity levels)
- Work on your tasks within the prescribed time period
- Be disciplined and act on your schedule
Best Time-Blocking Apps Of 2021
6 Step: Prioritize Your Health
Are you getting enough sleep, nourishing yourself with healthy food and working out on a daily basis? Or maybe you constantly sacrifice your sleep to get more things done during the day, eat pre-prepared junk food and struggle with reaching 10,000 steps a day? Are you take good care of yourself or neglect your health? Are you making your health your priority? If not, it’s time to change this.
Because here’s the deal: if you want to be highly productive, self-motivated and ridiculously focused on your goals you need to prioritize your health and wellbeing. Otherwise, you won’t be able to reach your full potential and live life on your own terms.
So if you want to be highly productive and effective you need to start prioritizing your health. You need to stop making endless excuses for not eating a healthy diet, not working out and not getting enough sleep on a regular basis.
Make yourself your no 1 priority and you will become unstoppable. Slow down and take good care of yourself. Plan your meals in advance, stock your fridge with healthy food, schedule your daily workouts, meditate every day, start journaling, practice gratitude, get quality sleep on a regular basis and start treating yourself like someone you LOVE!
Posts You Might Like
- How To Create A Simple Self-Care Routine That Will Make You Thrive + Free Printables & Checklists!
- Natural and Non-Toxic Personal Care Products To Indulge Yourself With For The Ultimate Self-Care Ritual.
- 7 Steps to Detox Your Mental Wellbeing. – Cleanse Your Mind for a More Positive Life
- Everything Starts In Your Head – 12 Healthy Rules For a Strong Mental Health.
7 Step: Plan Your Weekly Enjoyment
Most people when planning and scheduling their week focus only on their work completely forgetting about their personal life. They just assume that if they happen to have a little free time they will spend it having fun and relaxing. But the truth is if you don’t schedule free time most likely you will end up working all day every day. And that’s an ideal prescription for burnout.
Being focus and dedicated to working is crucial for advancing your career and reaching the level of success you desire but at the same time, if you’re not taking good care of yourself, it’s going to be hard to maintain high productivity levels. Not to mention that at some point you will feel overwhelmed, overly stressed and extremely tired. And that can easily lead to serious health problems. That’s why when planning a successful week you need to schedule your leisure time.
Planning your weekly enjoyment, self-care activities, solo date or a 20-minute coffee get-together with friends will not only create more joy in your life but also it will drastically increase your motivation to work hard. Use your free time to rest, relax, refresh your mind, change your energy and most importantly, to enrich your life!
8 Step: Batch Similar Tasks Together
According to a University of California Irvine study, “it takes an average of 23 minutes and 15 seconds to get back to the task.” That’s an awfully long time to switch your brain into productivity mode again. Not to mention that waiting instead of doing is one of the main triggers for procrastinating. And once you fall into the trap of procrastination, this momentary lapse of self-control can snowball into hours and hours of wasted time.
To avoid procrastination snowball or vortex, you need a strategy to create momentum. And one of the best strategies to build momentum and laser-like focus is to batch similar tasks together.
Grouping similar tasks together and doing them all at once will not only skyrocket your productivity but also it will make you feel proud of yourself at the end of your workday. And what better feeling than self-accomplishment, right?
So when planning an insanely productive week don’t forget to batch similar tasks together such as responding to emails, making important phone calls, meetings, doing errands or administrative work. This simple trick will not only save you a lot of time but will also increase your efficiency immediately.
The transition from a chaotic state to an organized state can be quite thought. But with the right tools in place developing good organization habits is not only simple but also pretty enjoyable.
That’s why today I’m sharing with you some pretty interesting resources that can help you become a highly organized, productive and effective person. Here they are:
1. 6 Mistakes You’re Making With Your To-Do List by Jennifer Roskamp (eCourse)
Discover the things you’re doing every day that make it more difficult to get anything done.
2. Beat Journal Overwhelm by Kirsty Hill (Workbook)
This guide will help you beat life overwhelmed and gain back control of your time.
3. Complete Planning Toolkit by Mim Jenkinson (eCourse)
A collection of printable planners, stickers and eBooks to help you become more organized, productive, and calm.
4. Deluxe Home Binder by Abby Lawson (Printable)
Helps create order in the midst of a busy life, giving users one central place to keep all of their important information.
5. Fanciful Florals Coloring Planner by JoDitt Williams (Planner)
Relax and destress while organizing your week!
6. How to Find the Perfect Planner System by Lisa Sharp (Planner)
A quick guide to help you find the best planner system for you along with printables to help you create that perfect system.
7. Master Your Gmail by Niki Robinson (eCourse)
Less than 30 minutes to Gmail FREEDOM
8. Power Over Paperwork by Laura Shaw (eCourse)
A guide to decluttering and organizing your paperwork.
9. Productivity Planner by Emily Bredeson (Printable)
Plan your month, plan your week, and plan your days.
10. The 2021 Year of Intent by Leslie Lambert (Printable)
A collection of over 100 organization printables that allows you to build a planner that works for your life.
11. The Flexible Planner 2021 by Jami Boys (Printable)
Your solution to the planner graveyard. A perfect combo of bullet journalling and a traditional planner to organize your life and save time.
12. Trello Tracking Board for PROD2021 by Kristi @ Paperless Boss (Planner)
Want to track all of your bundle products DIGITALLY? Now you can with the bundle tracking board.
You can find all these resources in The Ultimate Productivity Bundle.
The Ultimate Productivity Bundle is a collection of 29 high-quality resources (+ 9 BONUSES!) that can help you not only conquer procrastination once and for all but also:
- Evaluate your life to identify the areas where you want to improve
- Set clear goals and priorities so you can live more intentionally
- Organize your home, schedule, and routines for a more streamlined life
- Get more done in less time by creating smarter systems
- Develop a motivating mindset so you can be more positive and consistent
- Overcome challenges and setbacks so you can achieve the goals that really matter
And best of all, you can get the entire package (29 resources) for just $37! But before you make any decision, read my review HERE and then you can decide!
Get Your Free eBook
FREE eBook called 26 Productivity Tips: from Real People with Real Challenges
What if you could find productivity tips that work for real people, people who have kids, jobs, and a busy life (but don’t have maids, chauffeurs, or executive assistants)?
Well, the team at Ultimate Bundles did it for you! By asking bloggers real-life strategies for leading productive lives, they created a free eBook called 26 Productivity Tips: from Real People with Real Challenges.
Now you can take these practical strategies and apply them to your life. Learn more and download your FREE copy HERE
Get Your Free Planner
FREE the Momentum Planner (just pay for shipping)
The Momentum Planner will help you:
• identify your big goals and projects
• break projects into daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly action items
• plan when to spend time on action items
• track progress on goals and projects
Get your 250-page, faux leather-bound planner ($19.97 value!) + the Ultimate Productivity Bundle when you buy before midnight!
Register For Free Class
FREE Class called 3 Essential Daily Routines for Getting More Done in Less Time.
You’ll be learning from Jennifer Roskamp, uber-productive blogger and homeschooling mother of nine. She’ll teach you how to:
- Get out of bed energized and motivated every day
- Practice self-care and make your health a daily priority
- Simplify mealtimes so they don’t feel like a chore
- End every day with something you’re looking forward to
- Create simple plans to set yourself up for a great tomorrow
Save your seat and be ready to soak in Jennifer’s practical tips and experience when you attend this FREE class today or tomorrow.
Just pick your time and register for the free webinar HERE
See you there!
Get The Finance Planner
What's Included In The Finance Planner
Evaluate Your Current Financial Situation:
Yearly Expense Tracker
Net Worth Worksheet
Budgeting & Finance Planning:
Monthly Budget with Categories
Monthly Budget Planner
Monthly Budget Planner with Savings & Debt Goals
Manage Your Spending:
No Spend Challenge
Grocery Shopping List
Set Finance Goals & Challenge Yourself:
Top Savings Goals
Savings Goal Tracker Jar
All the Trackers:
Debt Payment Tracker
Yearly Expense tracker
Calendars to Track Your Finances:
Monthly Finance Tracker
Monthly Expense Tracker
Comes in A5, A4, and US Letter sizes
Best Posts About Achieving Goals:
- Maximize Your Productivity: 6-Step Method To Get More Things Done In Less Time. HERE
- Perfect Morning Routine to Reduce Stress & Anxiety HERE
- The Ultimate Guide For Setting & Reaching Your Goals HERE
- 6 Self-Improvement Habits To Adopt in 2020 HERE
- Get into the Habit of Being Seriously Organized in 2020. HERE
- 8 Simple Steps to Set Yourself Up for a Successful 2020 HERE
- Powerful and smart ways to manage your time efficiently and effectively HERE
- 5 steps to success in achieving your goals HERE
- The ultimate way to overcome procrastination and become a highly productive person HERE
- The science of motivation HERE
- 10 powerful habits to boost your confidence HERE
Stay positive, be mindful and make your upcoming week a successful one!